• Total voters

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious to see what people prefer.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither. Marriage has this uncanny ability to turn the person you love into the person you hate. And when that happens, the legal ramifications can be a bytch. The only true difference between marriage and a life long live-in partner is the legally bound part. Do we really need to be legally bound to show our love?

And this is a really weird poll.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not an easy question. Women deteriorate in looks everyday. After 15-20 years of marriage your hb 8.5 will look like a 6.5 or or less. An HB 7 will look worse than a 6. Even if they take care of themselves they won't look nothing like they did the time you married them. Your poll is not realistic because a woman's looks rating can goes down as time passes by so we really can't vote on it considering all these factors. Seriously how many 40 year olds are 7 or above? not many. Maybe if your poll had a time limit like who would you marry of these HB's for 10 years?

but to answer your poll, I would definitely marry a hot girl and take less money, rather than an average ok looking girl and more money. Women deteriorate in looks so the better one you get, the better the chances she will look ok as she gets older.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe: I see what you're saying...hmm...I guess my poll should be clarified to mean that she is an 8.5 (or 7) right now and let nature take its course. When we meet girls, we could apply a simple formula to determine the salvage value:
(Her Looks Now minus Her Looks at the end of estimated useful life) divided by (# of years of useful life)
That would give us the rate of annual depretiation for us to have a better idea of what we're dealing with.

JonJack: Yeah I don't know why people feel the need to be legally binded together. For the poll, you can replace "marriage" with "life-long partner". As for the poll itself, I can understand it being strange especially since I didn't give much context to it. It's just that one day I was thinking what my priorities are and what makes me happy. And I just thought which would make me happier, to focus my time on school and money, or girls.

JonJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, being happily together with a girl, it doesn't matter much how good she looks as long as she's a 6.5 and up. Pulling in a good amount of money to me is more satisfying. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose money. Only because I am capable of living my life without having a LTR and because there are a lot of other things I would like to enjoy in my life, which of course requires a lot of money.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, why do you care about 7 or 8.5??? If you both have good "chemistry" why do you need sombody very good looking??
To brag about?
So I'd go for "chemistry", and double income sure would not hurt if there is "chemistry" with that HB7.

Muppet

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be happy living in a trailer with the one I love, if she loved me back as much. Money is great and all but as long as I have that special someone and can live decently I will be happy.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
al77: I wish I could be more noble and say that looks don't matter, but to me they do. I'd much rather be with a very attractive girl than a marginally attractive girl (if their personalities are similar). I'm not saying I'm proud of this preference, but I'd be a liar if I told you I didn't care about looks.

For example, although this website I think is mostly about bettering oneself, a lot of it is targeted at getting an attractive girl. I'm sure most of us can get laid or get into a LTR with a girl who's not that attractive, because they don't get as much attention from guys so you don't need to have any game. But when dealing with more attractive girls, they have more options, thus we must better ourselves versus the competition. We must know how to act as a man and build attraction.

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
This was an excellent question. I had no idea what the response % would be. I picked the HB8.5, but regretted it as soon as I voted. It seems that money makes the world go round.

Is happiness achieved by doubling your salary and marrying a HB8.5? Who knows? How about doubling your salary, not marrying anyone, and having 2-3 HB8.5s. That's my approach at the moment as an aspiring DJ.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither - there is something unmasculine about settling for less.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beauty fades away, and then all u are left with is the personality.. and money;)

Looks will fade away with time, So i would go with the 2nd option.. and afterall, an HB7 is still hot, and if u love her, u dont need her to be miss world:rolleyes:

Laterz...

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I_Only_Live_Once
When we meet girls, we could apply a simple formula to determine the salvage value:
(Her Looks Now minus Her Looks at the end of estimated useful life) divided by (# of years of useful life)
That would give us the rate of annual depretiation for us to have a better idea of what we're dealing with.
That is funny, yet somehow depressing.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Missing the point...

Originally posted by NewMan
I'd take the money, then dump that b#tch.
You are missing the point of this thread:kick:

Laterz...

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At this point in my life I would have to take money.
Love is a fleeting feeling. And a guy that puts all his stock into a woman is really confused.
Sure, its nice to have a really hot girl, but if that means you are to make less money no thanks.
Also, if you take the other road, and go for the less hotter girl and the money, you are selling yourself short. Money will help you meet, attract, and keep hot girls. Sucks to be true, but it is.

Everyone needs to focus on themselves first, before they can focus on others. I'm not a selfish person, but to truly give to others you first need to have things to offer.

Right now, money is more important in my life. I dont like to work exactly, but money is something, that while it cant buy love, can sure as hell help in many other areas besides love.

Love, attraction, its all fleeting, unpredictable, etc. Marriage doesnt insure anything. It only means if you go your seperate ways you will owe money.

Right now, and this may all change, I wouldnt mind finding a life-long partner, say when I'm 33 or older. Marriage I dont think is the answer. Why does a piece of paper have to legitamize anything. I want someone that I am with but not for many years, and not til I have lived and learned a lot more.

I know this isnt what the post is about. But I think a lot of people need to stop thinking a woman in your life makes up for everything and validates you.

Right now, I get bored with girls. So, maybe thats what is speaking for me. But I see a lot of guys I know making mistakes with them. Sucks for them.

You have to be happy with yourself, and alone before you can be happy with anything, and anyone else.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess NWA was right when they said that,

"Life aint nothing but b1tches and $$$"

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you guys got it wrong. The poll assumes that you love the girl and you are 'in love,' so what do you take? hb 8.5 or hb 7, you love both the same, but hb 7 has more money.

Marriage is something that can last a long time so I don't care about the money, give me hb 8.5

Deep Dark Steel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is a fleeting feeling. And a guy that puts all his stock into a woman is really confused.
I believe you are confusing infatuation with love....

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not at all. Love is a fleeting feeling.

Why is the divorce rate slightly higher than 50 percent in the US?

Care to guess about how many love-less marriages that still exist, because those married dont want to split because of Money, kids, and religious convictions? Its astounding.

Those with profound insights on life, know not to get married.

If that is just 'infatuation' than i'd say marriages as they are now in the US are long-term infatuations.

If its 'love' than why would you rather have a hotter girl and less money. If you were in 'love' you wouldnt care her attractivness. Money is something that is important.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
What a stupid ass question.

Do you have down syndrome?