Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please limit newcomer numbers.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that the forum join rate is growing phenomenally and it really stresses me and others out as being one of the top voices in the High School forum to get quite so many PMs and IMs asking for help and such. I love to help out, but not in such phenomenally high numbers. It's a bit too much for me, and I speak on many members behalves here. The board that grows fastest is the HS forum, as the social structres change and more people seek advice from the internet, as friends at that age are not helpful.

So this is what I propose: take the average number of newbies, and document it. Let's say it's 10 per day. I propose you take the average number of signups, and cut it in half (5). That is how many people are allowed to register daily. Or maybe 2/3 (7) of the average.

This won't overload bandwidth with repetitive questions, it will make moderator's job easier, less spammers, less likely banned people to come back, and increased productivity. Mr. Thompson, if you invest time and money into the forum as you do, I'm sure you'll notice it will be an improvement, and a big one at that.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you'll consider this to an extent.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose you all are so stunned by my idea that you did not reply?

Seriously. I'd like some opinions on this.

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, something like that, or just make it so they can only post x amount of times or send x amount of private messages every week or something along those lines.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whatsupwiddat
I suppose you all are so stunned by my idea that you did not reply?

Seriously. I'd like some opinions on this.
Shock and awe, baby.

But no. It's not gonna happen. Or I seriously doubt it will happen.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Mind telling me why?"

Maybe if you're so "stressed out" a more effective way to limit the amount of people asking you questions would be to stop saying things like this...

- "Anyone who wants my help can IM me or PM me anytime they please... Come on newbies, throw me your questions!"

" [I am one of the] top voices in the High School forum"

- "Thanks for those of you who posted, PMed and emailed. It was greatly appreciated and I have a treat for all of you!"

- "I have decided that it's time to make the greatest post EVER."

Maybe, WUWD, if you stopped trying to promote yourself as some sort of master who has the ability to solve every problem known to high-schoolers, your problem would magically disappear. The fact is, if you could solve these problems, the amount of registered users at the high school forum wouldn't be growing exponentially, but decreasing.

Sorry to come down so hard, but I'm just tired of seeing countless self-promoting posts, posts about how you're smarter than "the masses", that a counsellor has told you that you are "one brick short of brilliancy", and how people who disagree with you should "stay quiet" if they have "any pride and/or common sense".

- De La

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: "Mind telling me why?"

Originally posted by De La Soul

Maybe, WUWD, if you stopped trying to promote yourself as some sort of master who has the ability to solve every problem known to high-schoolers, your problem would magically disappear- De La
You-mouth-the-took-right-out-of-my-words...:eek:

The Edge ' Some have it, and some don't '

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Maybe if you're so "stressed out" a more effective way to limit the amount of people asking you questions would be to stop saying things like this...

- "Anyone who wants my help can IM me or PM me anytime they please... Come on newbies, throw me your questions!"

- "Thanks for those of you who posted, PMed and emailed. It was greatly appreciated and I have a treat for all of you!"

Maybe, WUWD, if you stopped trying to promote yourself as some sort of master who has the ability to solve every problem known to high-schoolers, your problem would magically disappear. The fact is, if you could solve these problems, the amount of registered users at the high school forum wouldn't be growing exponentially, but decreasing.

Sorry to come down so hard, but I'm just tired of seeing countless self-promoting posts, posts about how you're smarter than "the masses", that a counsellor has told you that you are "one brick short of brilliancy", and how people who disagree with you should "stay quiet" if they have "any pride and/or common sense".

- De La
Good idea.

sneaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

- De La
exactly

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh, being the learned individual in programming I am :) (not really)

I have a suggestion.

How about when a Newbie makes a post, if the title contains certain phrases like "How long do I wait" or "What do I do if I like" etc, then the phrase is entered into the search box, then searched on sossuave, after that, the noob gets a list of all the matching topics alredy posted.

They then have the option of going through posts which are already made and finding the answer, or they can choose to submit their post anyway (in case they didnt find anything that helped).

You can keep tabs on Newbies by sending them cookies to check and see which parts of teh bible they have viewed, so in case they ask a quaetin abouta part they havent viewed, a little messege can direct them to that section :)

But thats of course if you want to go to the trouble of writing code for all of that, personally I dont mind things the way they are.