Playing to your strengths and demographics?

DoofusDonutDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
So met up with a friend of mine for guy's night and met his new girlfriend for the first time ( is few months old or new?) -- turns out she's atleast an HB8 any day.

A smokeshow. Small time fashion influencer (80k or so followers and few sponsors now and then - which is not that common at least in my country) . Which was kind of surprising to all of us other dudes when she showed up.

My friend is very slightly taller than average..but his face is, kind of bad looking ( i love my friend, but i don't know how else to put this. He has an extra wide nose and just unattractive features). To be fair to him. He's really put together otherwise - well dressed, muscular, well groomed, decently smooth and he's an ace in his profession (finance) where he makes bank and THAT is where he met his girlfriend, in a business conference where he was one of the speakers and she was attending it.

So, i had a discussion with him 1 on 1 afterwards and he said basically he saw her and felt she was out of "his league" but decided to take a shot at it anyway since there was nothing to lose. He said he was riding the high after his speech so he felt extra confident when he talked to her, which helped in his opinion.

Thought about it a lot, concluded that the fact where he met her made a big influence and making a great first impression.

If he had cold approached her at the mall or in a fashion show or something , no way he could have pulled it off . His strength wasn't looks ( which he does the best he can with) but his intelligence in his profession.

I remembered something Ryan Gosling said in that movie where he was a Don Juan "All anyone of us can do is play to our strengths, that's all we can do".

What is your opinion on this? Can demographics and playing to your strength make that big a difference? Why don't guys do this more often?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he's an ace in his profession (finance) where he makes bank and THAT is where he met his girlfriend, in a business conference where he was one of the speakers and she was attending it.

If he had cold approached her at the mall or in a fashion show or something , no way he could have pulled it off . His strength wasn't looks ( which he does the best he can with) but his intelligence in his profession.

What is your opinion on this? Can demographics and playing to your strength make that big a difference? Why don't guys do this more often?
What he did is not a sustainable form of Game. Generally speaking, business conferences and events are a lousy way to meet women. Most women are in total business mode at these types of events and getting them to think about dating/romance in that context is very difficult. It was listed as a bottom tier way of meeting women in this thread by a YouTube content channel and I fully agreed with the assessment.

Approaching women at a mall or a grocery store is a more sustainable form of Game but neither of those are great options.

That said, you have the general idea correct. It's good for men to find the target market that is going to be most interested in them. Men struggle with executing that simple idea in general. There are also men that don't have an obvious target market at a given time in their lives.

If he's a well dressed, muscular guy who is average range height, his best option is probably an upscale lounge nightlife venue with bougie women who would generally be interested in business/career topics and his finance and economics opinions.

Yesterday, I advised @sangheilios on a different thread about this exact topic. The exchange is below.

as a white man that is 6'4" and fit/athletic but also well educated and intelligent I've legitimately struggled to figure out what my target pool should honestly be.
Here are some viable target markets for you.

1. Athletic, White women who are on the taller side and likely played a college sport. These women will typically be 5'8"-6'2".
2. Sexy strippers and bartenders who have athletic physiques.

DoofusDonutDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
What he did is not a sustainable form of Game. Generally speaking, business conferences and events are a lousy way to meet women. Most women are in total business mode at these types of events and getting them to think about dating/romance in that context is very difficult. It was listed as a bottom tier way of meeting women in this thread by a YouTube content channel and I fully agreed with the assessment.

Approaching women at a mall or a grocery store is a more sustainable form of Game but neither of those are great options.

That said, you have the general idea correct. If he's a well dressed, muscular guy who is average range height, his best option is probably an upscale lounge nightlife venue with bougie women who would generally be interested in business/career topics and his finance and economics opinions.

Finding your own target market is a good idea. Yesterday, I advised @sangheilios on a different thread about this exact topic. The exchange is below.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That exchange is useful

What would you say be a good target market for someone like me -
Who is short ( I'm 5'4 - 5'5 but the average female height in my country is 5'0) well read, a musician and into art/aesthetics, working on developing a muscular physique ( calisthenics and MMA), working on my fashion sense?

I also earn pretty decent and am in position to be earning well above the average (in my country) soon enough.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So met up with a friend of mine for guy's night and met his new girlfriend for the first time ( is few months old or new?) -- turns out she's atleast an HB8 any day.

A smokeshow. Small time fashion influencer (80k or so followers and few sponsors now and then - which is not that common at least in my country) . Which was kind of surprising to all of us other dudes when she showed up.

My friend is very slightly taller than average..but his face is, kind of bad looking ( i love my friend, but i don't know how else to put this. He has an extra wide nose and just unattractive features). To be fair to him. He's really put together otherwise - well dressed, muscular, well groomed, decently smooth and he's an ace in his profession (finance) where he makes bank and THAT is where he met his girlfriend, in a business conference where he was one of the speakers and she was attending it.

So, i had a discussion with him 1 on 1 afterwards and he said basically he saw her and felt she was out of "his league" but decided to take a shot at it anyway since there was nothing to lose. He said he was riding the high after his speech so he felt extra confident when he talked to her, which helped in his opinion.

Thought about it a lot, concluded that the fact where he met her made a big influence and making a great first impression.

I remembered something Ryan Gosling said in that movie where he was a Don Juan "All anyone of us can do is play to our strengths, that's all we can do".

He had high status in this scenario. You can have high status situationally even if they normally wouldn't outside those situations...like in this scenario where he was on stage speaking and she was listening.

Or if you are a DJ in a nightclub/stripclub. Or a bouncer.

Or even something as simple as a manager at work where you give orders to people and manage them.

I've always believed that most men are capable of dating better women on average than they think they can. Most guys would surprise themselves by how many "yeses" they will get if they talk to women they think are put of their league and just ask them out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you say be a good target market for someone like me -
Who is short ( I'm 5'4 - 5'5 but the average female height in my country is 5'0) well read, a musician and into art/aesthetics, working on developing a muscular physique ( calisthenics and MMA), working on my fashion sense?

I also earn pretty decent and am in position to be earning well above the average (in my country) soon enough.
Based on your height and in your country, you are the equivalent of a 5'8"-5'9" man in the United States trying to get attention. Your country's women might culturally perceive height different than USA women do, especially USA White women.

Your best target market is likely a book-ish, artistic female. You should be focusing on women at bookstores, art events, and within the creative/musical space.

alicentjenner

Reaction score
Strategic success lies in playing to your strengths and understanding your demographics. Tailor offerings to meet specific needs, fostering engagement and loyalty.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
He struck while the iron was as hot:

1. As a speaker he was a leader of men.
2. Took advantage of being a situational Alpha.
3. Maxed in all other ways, including physical.
4. Money never hurts.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a business conference where people are staying at the hotel and there is a hotel bar.