Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Plate wants to be friends on Facebook

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, fellow DJ's, need some advice on how to handle keeping your privacy in this age of social media.

Plate (for about 2 months) sends me a friend request.. Rather than ignore it completely, I tell her straight up that I would rather not. Plate is not happy. I think I ****ed up.

What would have been the best way to handle it? Accept her friend request and deal with possible repercussions?

Icegreen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Accept. Disregard her judgement and post numerous pics with you and other chicks. If she flips out, treat yourself to a coca cola and fresh puss

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not hiding anything yet but trying to prevent future mishaps.

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plates belong in the dish rack and/or cupboard, not social media. Hell, my last LTR didn't get her friend request accepted. She asked about it, "I forgot my password and don't really get on it anymore." Never heard about it again. They don't need to know any more about your life than you choose to disclose. Being friends on social media is a low-key form of control. Don't give that up.

'Murica:rockon:

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
j.619 said:
Plates belong in the dish rack and/or cupboard, not social media. Hell, my last LTR didn't get her friend request accepted. She asked about it, "I forgot my password and don't really get on it anymore." Never heard about it again. They don't need to know any more about your life than you choose to disclose. Being friends on social media is a low-key form of control. Don't give that up.

'Murica:rockon:
I agree completely. Just want to find the best way to handle without hurting her feelings and such.

Don-Kong

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope just nope. She needs to earn it.
It's weak of her. Maybe she wants to stalk you. **** that!

Just tell her you do not feel comfortable with it and that you should move up a level if she wants privileges. Chicks man, cheek.

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don-Kong said:
Nope just nope. She needs to earn it.
It's weak of her. Maybe she wants to stalk you. **** that!

Just tell her you do not feel comfortable with it and that you should move up a level if she wants privileges. Chicks man, cheek.
I'm sure she wants to stalk me. She's pretty into me. And at what point does a plate "earn it"? Just sounds like a bad idea all around.

Don-Kong

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All chicks are plates.
When the plate turns into something more then yes, when she earns your trust and you've stopped spinning then yes, but **** that.
When you level up to something more then maybe but casual chicks no way. Dangerous.

Ray S

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm dealing with this the now. Told her I forgot password then later she seen me post on a friends wall. I told her she wasn't getting added, she got a bit pissed but backed down when she seen I didn't give a ****

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha turn it into a joke and be a **** about it. Say sh!t like "woah woah there missy...being my facebook friend is an extremely exclusive club and you have to earn your membership to it. You must first pass a 100 question written examination as well as achieve at least a 90% score on a practical exam." Just mess with her and dont take it seriously as an issue..because it isnt. Keep your frame: that accepting or rejecting her stupid little friend request is not even worth getting worked up over or arguing about. She dont like it, she can take a hike.

Personally, i dont let myself be tagged in any photos except a few select ones (like 4 or 5) that make me look good. Example: one of me with my closest friends, one of me accepting an award on stage, a few nice shots my roommate took with his DSLR, etc. One of the best things i did was created a new profile and only let myself become tagged in a few select photos. Besides, most people look like pathetic chodes when you creep on their photos from 6 years ago when they were all skinny and pimply and didnt dress well, etc. Become an idea, not a person...for all intents and purposes you exist as the badass dude you have become today and theres no need for the public to see the pathetic person you used to be. Delete that ****. You can leave a select few with girls you hangout with to stimulate a bit of jealousy, but obviously delete the very incriminating ones such as you making out with girls, etc. Keep it classy and "accidental"

goldengoose

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to avoid drama and all other forms of bullsh1t, keep these women off your facebook. You don't need them as a "Facebook Friend" when you're fvcking them on the regular. Facebook causes problems and these chicks will give you problems being on there.

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
Haha turn it into a joke and be a **** about it. Say sh!t like "woah woah there missy...being my facebook friend is an extremely exclusive club and you have to earn your membership to it. You must first pass a 100 question written examination as well as achieve at least a 90% score on a practical exam." Just mess with her and dont take it seriously as an issue..because it isnt. Keep your frame: that accepting or rejecting her stupid little friend request is not even worth getting worked up over or arguing about. She dont like it, she can take a hike.
This is solid advice here. I made the mistake of being too dramatic when I explained to her why I wouldn't accept her request and ended up hurting her feelings.

Then I diffused it completely by joking about it.