Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Plate Theory

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo said:
In the movie Heat with Bob Deniero, the character he played talked with Val Kilmer about the code that "Jimmy McIlvaine used to say".

" Never attach yourself to anything; in 30 seconds flat that you can't walk out on, IF you spot THE HEAT around the corner."
OK, I agree with plate theory and all that, but this kind of thing bothers me. I know you're just quoting for fun... but have you actually WATCHED that movie? De Niro and Kilmer's characters both fell in love with amazing, quality women. But they were such morons, caught up in illegal macho game-playing, that they lost them. So did Pacino's character, whose step-daughter even tried to commit suicide.

Please don't call "Heat" an AFC movie... ! ;)

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
OK, I agree with plate theory and all that, but this kind of thing bothers me. I know you're just quoting for fun... but have you actually WATCHED that movie? De Niro and Kilmer's characters both fell in love with amazing, quality women. But they were such morons, caught up in illegal macho game-playing, that they lost them. So did Pacino's character, whose step-daughter even tried to commit suicide.

Please don't call "Heat" an AFC movie... ! ;)
It was a quote. Your POINT?

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an example.

But it seems to me you want to point out f

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Flaws, ooops.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, Rollo, sorry. It's just that you're using a work of art to express a point, when the whole point of the film actually contradicts what you're saying.

At least, in my opinion it does. "Heat" is at best ambiguous on the whole masculinity thing. But it certainly does not celebrate the fact that at the end of the film De Niro, Pacino, and Kilmer are all without their women - women who are in every way right for them.

Sorry to make a big fuss... but I'm a film guy and I get a little touchy when my favourite movies get misquoted! Especially Fight Club... on this board and in the seduction community, Brad Pitt's character gets touted as a prime example of what a man should be... when really he's a warning of what masculinity can do in its extreme.

OK, as for plate theory, and I do have a question amongst all this mess! I'm just starting with this DJ thing after more than a decade of AFC-ness, and am just learning how to not get settled into oneitis.

Right at the moment I'm either involved or almost-involved with three different girls. Nothing serious... one I fool around with very occasionally, another I am getting a little more serious with (who is already a friend), and another who is stupidly hot and as of yet we are just flirting. All three sort of know of each other.

The question is: how much do you tell each girl about the other (i.e. the depth of your relationship with them), and HOW is this done? I don't want to lie.

On the one hand, I feel like I shouldn't say anything, because a real DJ wouldn't feel the need to do so and it might antagonize them. On the OTHER hand, when I DO mention one girl to another, the girl I'm talking to gets a little jealous and my situation improves (particularly the hot one, who I'm most interested in bagging at this point).

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes, when you have been an AFC for so long, or either have been so ingrained with the AFC mindset, it becomes necessary to strive for the extreme. Sometimes it's necessary to fire your weapon from the "nice guy" starting point, aim at "the jerk" target, JUST SO you CAN fall short and land somewhere in the middle of the two = Gentleman, DJ, MAN, Masculine Man, whatever...

As Realsmoothie just stated with his ON POINT reviews of the movies HEAT and FIGHT CLUB, the characters in these movies SHOULD NOT actually be our role models as MATURE men. Instead, what they should represent is a landmark, or a signpost that tells newly awakened men who come to this community the direction they should be heading in.

Remember when you were a little kid? Do you remember liking certain heroes back then that you think of as SILLY now? Well, if you do, that's because as you've grown, your knowledge of what a man IS has evolved.

And that is a good thing. As you continue to grow as a man, it should take more than an ******d show of extreme superficial masculinity to inspire you.

As you continue to grow as a man, you should eventually reach the point where more subtle displays of appropriately positive masculinity should inspire you more.

Why? Because hallmark of intelligent, self aware men is that they have an interest and an appreciation for the things about their manhood that inspire them to be more well-rounded and nuianced.

To me, this is how you know that INNER progress is being made on your road to developing a stronger, more powerful personality.

This is how you KNOW intuitively that you are indeed passing from boyhood to MANHOOD.

Peace...one day.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimitied,

I think, just like realsmoothie, you're missing my point.

I used a quote. A quote from a Movie to describe my attitude toward the relationship I have with these women out here. If a "red flag" goes up. I'm bouncing. That's it. Especially now that I have options.

Can someone explain to me why we got off the subject of Plate Theory? Only to talk about how one guy's favorite flick is Heat and how another guy's telling me role models who are characters in movies is unrealistic.

No shyte.

I use one quote and now I didn't see the movie? Whiskey Tango Fox. I don't think so.

DoubleA

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a guy with so much experience on the board, Rollo, you sure are touchy. Yeesh.:whistle:

As for Victory...

Victory Unlimited said:
Sometimes, when you have been an AFC for so long, or either have been so ingrained with the AFC mindset, it becomes necessary to strive for the extreme. Sometimes it's necessary to fire your weapon from the "nice guy" starting point, aim at "the jerk" target, JUST SO you CAN fall short and land somewhere in the middle of the two = Gentleman, DJ, MAN, Masculine Man, whatever...
Right, this makes sense to me. I guess it's tough because I have been so ingrained to be nice ALL the time, and finding the balance between "nice" and "*sshole" is not as simple as it sounds. I now routinely have girls tell me (somewhat jokingly) that I'm "mean" or that I play "games".

Whoops!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread.

I remember something Tucker Max said long time ago:

"And then I found out that by being honest with women about my intentions, it made getting them so much easier. I got so much more pu$$y by doing so much less work"

Spin your plates fellas, don't place all your chips on one number.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, this was the best plate-thread i could find, and I have a question based on my current situation.

I was at the bar last night and bumped into a girl I've made out with in the past. Pure FB material, as far as I'm concerned... cute, 20 years old (I'm 32), very much into me. We start making out, hands are roaming. We leave the place with the option of sex VERY much in play, but I decide to call it a night. Why? Because I'm not sure how to "spin" her properly.

I get the feeling that she's thinking LTR. I don't want this, and would rather NOTHING happen than us start "dating". How do I convince her to do this? I absolutely refuse to lie to her, and don't want it to go terribly bad because we see each other at the bar constantly.

Any suggestions? I THINK she'd be into an FB situation, but how do you bring that up? Guaranteed there's going to be a bit of resistance.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't possibly say it any nicer - are you blind?

Did you read the VERY ****ING ANSWER that is posted RIGHT ABOVE your own post?

Here is EXACTLY what you do:

Meet. Kiss. Leave together.
In bed, as you are foreplaying, bring up the subject that to be "completely honest I like spending time with you, but at the same time I am looking for casual encounters and no long term attachement" If she is OK with it, then great. If not, well good thing you just avoided a cling on.

If you have better game you can bring this up right at the beginning after kissing before getting more sexual.

God I ought to kick your ass for not reading man.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This theory was very mediocre. Im shocked at how much praise its getting. its really not that great of a theory. the best parts are just common sense.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
the best parts are just common sense.
Which of course begs the question, why is it so difficult for chumps to wrap their heads around it?

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
I can't possibly say it any nicer - are you blind?

Did you read the VERY ****ING ANSWER that is posted RIGHT ABOVE your own post?

Here is EXACTLY what you do:

Meet. Kiss. Leave together.
In bed, as you are foreplaying, bring up the subject that to be "completely honest I like spending time with you, but at the same time I am looking for casual encounters and no long term attachement" If she is OK with it, then great. If not, well good thing you just avoided a cling on.

If you have better game you can bring this up right at the beginning after kissing before getting more sexual.

God I ought to kick your ass for not reading man.
Er, I DID read that. My whole point in asking was looking for something a little more explicit than just "express your intentions". I guess I could do as you say here and express it literally, but I think that's going to freak her out and bring up the old anti-slut impulses.... especially since she was just dumped by some guy.

It would be a ballsy move, though! At least, for me it would. I'll have to get her REALLY worked up, though. Not a problem...:p

Rollo: I understand the motivation behind spinning plates... it's the process of making it happen that's the tough part. For me, sex is a very intimate thing, and most of my experience is that as soon as I start fooling around with a girl they're pretty much thinking something LTR related. It's finding a way to short circuit this and redistribute their focus that i find hard.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I was going to call it after reading your first post, but now it is obvious. It is all in your head, not hers. You are expressing the usual overthinking-caring what she thinks behavior.

Just do it, you got it.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all in MY head? How so?

So I guess I just walk over there and start making out with her... and when she says something like "where is this going" (which she WILL) I just ignore her and go for the tits?

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Oxide.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Realsmoothie,

You give her the option of dealing with you on YOUR TERMS. Just be diplomatic about it.

Say something like.." I enjoy spending time with you, I can't keep my hands off of you..But I'm not ready to look long-term with anyone right now. Let's just go with the flow and not stress any issues."

Man, you're being "Real" about the situation, real enough you're not wasting her time and yours. This way she has the option of hitting the door or dealing with you on your terms.

Why can't I take my own advice??? LOL LMAO

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
It's all in MY head? How so?
First, you can stop thinking in binary terms like this:

realsmoothie said:
So I guess I just walk over there and start making out with her... and when she says something like "where is this going" (which she WILL) I just ignore her and go for the tits?
On or off, black or white, one extreme or the other, this is the most fundamental indicator of binary thinking; a lack of seeing the whole picture and writing off the situation as an extreme. Put the brakes on when you hear yourself talking like this and try to see the trees for the forest.

realsmoothie said:
Rollo: I understand the motivation behind spinning plates... it's the process of making it happen that's the tough part. For me, sex is a very intimate thing, and most of my experience is that as soon as I start fooling around with a girl they're pretty much thinking something LTR related. It's finding a way to short circuit this and redistribute their focus that i find hard.
First off, you don't HAVE to be sexual with every one of the plates you're spinning. It's the potential in knowing that you could be, or that there are women who will value your attention that prompts a competitive anxiety in women - often when you don't even know you're doing it. If you are sexual with some of the plates you're spinning, so much the better since you know that they're proven commodities and if one isn't performing as you'd like, you have the unconscious knowledge that others will.

One of the biggest hurdles guys have with Plate Theory is breaking themselves of this 'LTR-as-Goal' mentality. Monogamy should never be a goal, it should be a by-product of Plate Theory, but only when you've properly filtered through enough plates and even into monogamy itself. If a woman is unwilling to be non-exclusive with you (i.e. "she'll leave me if I see other girls" fear) she isn't a plate to spin. This seems counterintuitive to a guy with a LTR-As-Goal mentality and it is, but the guy who can fearlessly, and honestly stay above-board with his intent is the one who'll be spinning more plates. Most guys (AFCs in particular) are deathly afraid of losing that ONE perfect girl and so never even attempt to spin more than one plate, much less have any others to compare her 'perfection' in the first place.

I've seen mPUA do exactly this. They're so impressed with the success of newly perfected techniques that they settle for the ONE 'dream girl' and find that their attentions become valueless to her because she perceives she is his only option for intimacy and he gets marginalized. It's not a failure in technique, but rather a failure in his mindset.

So what do you do to establish your plates and be truly, and successfully, non-exclusive with women? Initially I'd suggest doing exactly what most women have perfected for the better part of their lifetimes, stay intentionally ambiguous. Women practice Plate Theory by default - they play hard to get, they know how to be ambiguous enough to keep their options open, but not so much as to let a guy's interest fail. They naturally know that we only chase what runs away from us. They never commit fully, but still keep the carrot in front of the donkey.

Women communicate COVERTLY, with gesture, with looks, with veiled meanings - you have to communicate your intent to be non-exclusive COVERTLY. Never OVERTLY tell a woman you've got other plates than her spinning, allow her to discover this by your mannerisms, your behaviors, and definitely by your availability to her. Create value through scarcity, don't be so available to her, but just enough to keep her interest and allow her mind to consider that maybe you have other options. Even when you don't, fomenting this anxiety is a VERY useful tool for you while you do get more plates to spin.

At some point a woman will resort to OVERT communications when she's run out of options in her COVERT communications tool set. At this point the anxiety becomes unbearable and the need for security forces her to be OVERT. This is usually the point at which she's ask something like "where is this going?" or "am I your girlfriend?" or she may even give you an ultimatum. See this for what it is, she feels powerless and this a press to commit. This is the point at which you will end up as a "cheater" or you'll continue to spin plates.

You actually have a lot of options in this situation, in fact more than you will ever have with any individual woman. You can of course take the coward's path and just agree to exclusivity with her, but in doing so you lose all options (for as far as you're willing to commit) as she intently becomes your only means of intimacy. She becomes the broker for your sexuality and you lose power, whereas before YOU were in control of your sexual availability.

You can continue to spin her as well, but bear in mind she's resorted to OVERTLY confronting you about it and it wont be the last you hear of it. Depending on how long you've had her around you may simply just let her drop. You might also keep her going, but let her cool a bit and come back to her in a few weeks time. Again, this seems counterintuitive, but your attention will either wildly increase in her value of it or she'll simply bug out in which case it wasn't worth pursuing and you aren't wasting your time and effort on a less than 100% IL.

I could very easily make the case that you need to re-assess your attitudes towards sex REALSMOOTHIE, but I can only do so insofar as you're willing to accept that you have an LTR-as-goal mentality. Breaking that midset is the first step towards solving a lot of problems, not just spinning plates or being with women, but also what you're willing to settle for in life.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo:

OK that's some good stuff.

RE: not having to be sexual. If you're not being sexual, isn't she just a friend? I'd think that if I was hanging out with a girl and I didn't make a move on her at some point she'd assume that a) I see her only as friend material or b) I'm too much of a ***** to do anything. Neither one really helps, as far as I can see.

RE: having an LTR as a goal. Hmm, interesting. I will say that I am kind of both ways on this one, mostly because I have very little experience for my age (32). I haven't had a lot of sex, and haven't had ANY LTR's over four or five months. I'd say that I at this point am just looking for experience in both. I'm aiming at "playing the field" and learning how to deal with women in the short-term, i.e. just getting my **** back into action, but if one comes along who seems viable for an LTR then damn straight I'll go for it.

I am definitely not looking to get married.

As for being intentionally ambiguous, well, I can see this as being a major problem for me. I am a very open individual, and I like my relationships thus (be it my guy friends, female friends, or sex partner/girlfriends). If my goal with a particular girl is just to have fun with her, than I'm only going to be able to be "ambigous" with her for so long before caring about her and wanting to get things straight. But it's an idea for sure, and I'll work on it.

As for this girl I'm seeing right now, it's definitely on in a good way. Last night we were out and at one point she was like "so you don't think you're too old to do stuff with me"... and I knew EXACTLY what she meant. She's fully willing at this point to be just casual, and I love it. It's pretty much a perfect situation for me right now... I really need the sexual boost as I was feeling kind of low in that regard. How did I get her to this stage... truthfully, by being a little evasive. I think she got the point!

Now I've just got to make sure that I don't get complacent from the easy, young, cute *****. There are a couple of other girls that are older and more "dateable" around, hopefully the boost from this girl pushes me over the edge.