Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Plate Theory

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
swampwiz said:
About dating women with low IL:

I just dump women that I come to the conclusion as having low IL. As for a woman that has IL in me - if I also have a high IL in her, I try to see her on a steady basis, and develop the relationship.
This is exactly the trap you should avoid. The minute you entertain exclusivity with a single target you limit your options and diminish your own commodity - and not just with the girl you're exclusive with, but in your own self-estimation. The longer you spend focusing on one plate, the more she becomes your only option - both to her and in your own mind. Once a woman has confirmed for her by you that she is your sole source of intimacy, you lose power and commodity because the anxiety caused by the threat of outside competition is removed and you enter her frame.

swampwiz said:
I mean, are you saying that even if I have one woman with reciprocal high IL, I should still date other women, who I detect as having low IL? What does that accomplish? I suppose if there are more than one woman with reciprocal high, then this strategy could be pursued (and by doing so, I would tend to think that the woman with the higher strength of character would bail out first, leaving the ultimately less desirable one left.)
Yes, only not to the same degree. While I'm a strong proponent of NEXTing "dead-end" girls in favor of pragmatically pursuing better prospects, it's important to remember the latent function of Plate Theory - and this is that it functions for your own benefit as well as the benefit of the women you are entertaining. By spinning multiple plates you confirm for them and yourself that you have a commodity status. This is evidenced in your own behavior and self-esteem and is then reaffirmed by the women you are non-exclusive with. As I stated originally, it's much easier to have an "I don't give a fvck" attitude when you actually don't give a fvck because you have other valid options. When this is covertly (never overtly) communicated to a woman she will value you as a commodity. And again, you must never overtly state that you have options, as this will have the opposite effect of commodity since it confirms a lack of confidence in the necessity of stating it. A rich man doesn't need to tell you he's rich, neither does a man with options need to tell you about his options - this fact is evidenced in his behaviors, self-awareness and subcommunications. Women's natural default is COVERT communication and this is how you should approach Plate Theory.

Commodity is fundamental to developing a PRIZE mentality for yourself. A PRIZE is valuable. A PRIZE is something other people want and will compete for. One of the most grevious controls a woman has at her disposal is removing this commodity from a man by limiting his options in commitment. This limitation isn't just in a practical sense, but also a psychological one. When a woman can convince a man that she is his only option (for love, sex, intimacy, the future, etc.), and this is mutually recognized by both partners, he is powerless and she sets the frame for the relationship.

Thus it is imperative, even in an LTR, that the spectre of this anxiety of his commodity (he is still the PRIZE) is still in effect for her. The extreme example of this is the guy ready to leave at a moments notice for another prospect, but this is fear, and no way to maintain a relationship. However, by cultivating a PRIZE mentality before commitment and retaining and effectively subcommunicating the subtle anxiety of doubt into an LTR/Marriage a woman is more likely to regard her mate as an enduring commodity that other women 'would' compete for, and establishes a more lasting appreciation of him and his value.

This establishement of a commodity status is developed by adopting the practices of Plate Theory while a man is single. I should also add that a man's job, his social status, his talents, skills, ambitions and motivation to achieve also add to this commodity and deserves consideration, however it's no great secret that highly successful men are more often abysmal failures in their personal lives.

So to answer your question, yes, do ocassionally spin a plate you perceive as having a lower IL than the "sure thing", fall back plate. Ideally you'll want multiple high IL plates going simultaneously, but entertaining the lower IL plate (or undetermined IL) is for your benefit. Not necessarily because the lower IL woman could be 'converted' or should even be given special consideration in hopes of success, but rather the effect it will have on your own self-perception and personality, as well as the behaviors that come from this being interpreted by high IL women that prove you as a commodity. By doing this, in a sense, you help develop your own social proof that is covertly communicated to women you may (much later) consider for an exclusive realtionship.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampwiz

I mean, are you saying that even if I have one woman with reciprocal high IL, I should still date other women, who I detect as having low IL? What does that accomplish? I suppose if there are more than one woman with reciprocal high, then this strategy could be pursued (and by doing so, I would tend to think that the woman with the higher strength of character would bail out first, leaving the ultimately less desirable one left.)

Yo Troops - Rollo or anybody else out there...

I'm still interested in finding out the answer to the second half of Swampwiz's question. Where is it?

While I continue to wait patiently, here's my take:

If you're faced with the situation of having 2 or more highly interested women, what do you do? The obvious conclusion I come up with is choose the one that YOU like the most. Choose the one that has more of the qualities YOU are looking for in a relationshilp (if an LTR is what you want).

But here's the deeper question:

We can't spin literal plates forever, and I understand what has been said about spinning plates figuratively throughout your life time (i.e. making sure you are perceived as the prize by your LTR/ or wife), but don't you think at one point it all comes down to a question of your own maturity?

There is always someone with more this, or more that. Better this, or better that. Realistically, no woman is going is going to be your perfect HB10. Something about her you will find wanting. At that point you will have to decide "If this person never changed this thing about herself that I find less than perfect, could I live with it for the rest of my life?"

For this reason, I question the wisdom of actively spinning more high IL REAL plates forever. At some point, if an LTR/marriage is your ultimate goal, you will have to decide. And I agree with you Swampwiz. Why constantly spin 2 or more REAL high IL plates if you are realistically finding the things you want in the one you already have???

One-itis is unreciprocated attention, affection, and commitment.
Love is recriprocated attention, affection, and commitment.

During my tour of duty on the battlefield of love, I have found that to repeatedly place obstacles (see OTHER CHICKS) in front of a chick that's into you, and you're into her---- is the same as giving that woman an unnecessary sh!t test. Which could be perceived as a lack of decisiveness and insecurity on OUR part.

If a chick has been repeatedly proving herself to us, and we're digging her too, it might just be time for us to GROW THE FVCK UP!!! And don't anyone misunderstand me on purpose, I'm not saying stop being vigilant, or stop being the prize. What I am saying is always keep your hand on your gun, but keep it in your holster.lol

Remember soldiers:

If we endlessly deny a time-proven, quality recruit (woman) her promotion to the rank of LTR/marriage just because she's not PERFECT and because we're always looking for new recruits to enlist,------Then why the hell would she want to sign up to SERVE in the army of true love with OUR IMPERFECT @$$es anyway????

...there are only so many immature MALE sh!t tests that a good quality woman of character is gonna take. And when she resigns her commission, we'll only have the man in the mirror to blame.

Peace...one day.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP for those who got oneitis at the moment...

This is at the top of my list, for best threads on sosuave.net. A constant reminder of why it's healthy to be practicing the DJ life style.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plate spinning woot!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, but that's called a "DP" or "Spit Roasting".

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
resilient said:
BUMP for those who got oneitis at the moment...

This is at the top of my list, for best threads on sosuave.net. A constant reminder of why it's healthy to be practicing the DJ life style.
Reading this...even the best of DJs can get trapped into the oneitis thing (I used to have several spining plates - even when I was married...no any more). I'm starting to realize that if I'm not careful...it can happen to me too (Note: Girlfriend wants to give me some "ultimatums" and I have to be careful not to surrender "control" to her).

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LATINOMAN: Write this down and stick it to your refridgerator;

Ultimatums are declarations of powerlessness.

Whenever a person is driven to the point of saying or implying, "you'd better or else" they are telling you that you hold power over them. When you aquiesce to an ultimatum, not only do you hand that power to them, you overtly confirm this transfer of power for them and yourself. Unless you are powerless to avoid an ultimatum, always deny them, because you will certainly be powerless otherwise. A relationship built on the foundation of an ultimatum isn't a relationship; it is mutually acknowledged blackmail.

Always remember the Cardinal Rule of Relationships:

In any relationship, whether personal, business or familial, the person with the most power is the one who needs the other the least.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct on ultimatums ... gal I know was engaged to a guy and he put his foot down and said, "If you take that job in that city, we will not be married!"

Never mind she went to grad school to get this job and she was willing to take it for a year and then marry the guy. She tells the guy, "I will not have an ultimatum put on me."

She ditched the loser and married a better guy, and the dumpee is still AFCing, calling her and stuff, apologizing ... pathetic. She handled it correctly. Ultimatums are for insecure people ... the people dishing them out and the people accepting them are insecure.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree 100% on the ultimatum stuff (in relationships). That's why I ignored it and laughed.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back to spinning plate issues. I want to raise a couple of questions.

How long can you spin the same plates?? Meaning how long will a woman actually want to date you before she pressures you to be in LTR (exclusive relationship) or else?? ( women those days throw numbers at me like between 3 weeks to 2 months) Lets say you are dating 3 different women and you love the sex and the companionship with all 3 but don't want an LTR. Should you drop all 3 of them at a certain time and go for new one's when they start pressuring you??

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Back to spinning plate issues. I want to raise a couple of questions.

How long can you spin the same plates?? Meaning how long will a woman actually want to date you before she pressures you to be in LTR (exclusive relationship) or else?? ( women those days throw numbers at me like between 3 weeks to 2 months) Lets say you are dating 3 different women and you love the sex and the companionship with all 3 but don't want an LTR. Should you drop all 3 of them at a certain time and go for new one's when they start pressuring you??
Keep going until they make it aware that they want an exclusive relationship, at which point you say you dont. Most likely they will tail off contact... but if they are pressuring you and don't get the message, then I'd say drop them.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spin many plates in your 20's. The one exception would be if you find a woman is so off the charts in personality, looks, attitude (as in a good one), and it would be tough to upgrade, then look at settling down. Trust me, in the good ol' U.S.A., if you find a woman who is educated, quality looking, is in shape, and has a positive attitude, you might want to think about keeping her.

Contrary to popular belief, there are not a lot of quality women in this country.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bumping this since there seems to be a need for reminding recent posters what Plate Theory is about. I'm seeing a lot of my Plate Spinning terminology used a bit carelessly and I'm not sure how many Plate Theory practitioners have even read this thread.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As I stated above, your head is firmly planted in this serial monogamy ideology - a relationship should NEVER be your goal; sexual chemistry, attraction and desire should be your first priority and maybe (once you're 30) you move on to a relationship.Written Rollo Tommasi
In the movie Heat with Bob Deniero, the character he played talked with Val Kilmer about the code that "Jimmy McIlvaine used to say".

" Never attach yourself to anything; in 30 seconds flat that you can't walk out on, IF you spot THE HEAT around the corner."

I NEVER FORGOT THAT LINE. If it's not you, don't be afraid or heartless to walk away. I've found they're more women out here than you think that would love to meet you. A real man. These lessons will never steer you into the life of mediocrity.

TO THIS DAY, I've applied it to the PLATE THEORY. I see the light.

Hey, each woman I meet I can say they were actually compatible. But due to things I wouldn't at the time "stand for", I ghosted. Sometimes bad :cry: , but mostly good. :up:

But in the long run. I'd have it no other way.

I'm willing to give any woman a chance. I really wnoy meeting new people. Sharing experiences. Hell, I'm an Aquarian. It's my thang. that's what I do. LOL. BUT I have things in perspective thanks to this POST. A prize. ???. Of course. I bring more to the table more than half these Cats. Even with a physical flaw, I maintain in other areas that I feel would attract a woman or girl. LOL. Girl. LOL.

I do it because I have to much to loose by Gumpin out and "falling in line". I really want to be with a woman who respects me and what SHE has.

In the past, I played the role of non-exclusivity. It worked but I shorted MYSELF. Attitude. It wasn't there. I realized I wasn't arrogant, but I too was also worth the sweating. You guys can read my past post. I was stuck on one woman. Nothing against her. She was the prototype for me. I began too idealize from what she was too me. I don't mind because now, I know what I want. BUT. It hindered me to the different types of women out here.

It's true. The Red or The Blue pill is the option. I've sacrificed so much that I'm willing to search for a brighter day. For my own personal benefit. I'll do that if it means I'll meet the woman that's for ME. Gladly. Wasting time is not what I'm about because I'm in my early thirties, because silly rabbits "Tricks are for AFCs".

Since then I run the board of my own life. Not a skirt. I complete my myself.
As my man says, " I don't need a woman to make me what I am." I was what, I was before I met her.

Thanks Rollo. Your post was insightful! Enought to start a revolution!

Ladies, don't hate me. Hate the game that made me. :nono:, because I still show respect but of a different kind.

Fellas never stop believing in YOU.

DoubleA

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I meant Tomassi. No disrespect.