Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
This is what I meant. Why drop her? So you have a better option, great. Keep this one around in the outer orbit (if you still desire to fvck her). To drop her means she meant something to you, as she is that important that you feel a need to drop.
Your particular need to drop her shows a sense of violation. You feel violated because you were entertaining her for exclusivity and then she showed her colors to the contrary. The problem in such a case is you, not her, for entertaining her for exclusivity so soon.
Consider all women you meet a friend. Enjoy their company. Encourage their slut-dom so she can run rampant in your presence. After allowing her months of total freedom (to do whatever she desires), IF she behaves within your standards, then, and only then, you can entertain a thought of exclusivity. But never feel a sense of violation as that would mean you were entertaining an LTR too soon without really knowing who she is.
I don't want to see any exclusivity talk from you for any girls in the next 3-4 months. And keep them ALL as friends should you desire to see them.
This is what I meant. Why drop her? So you have a better option, great. Keep this one around in the outer orbit (if you still desire to fvck her). To drop her means she meant something to you, as she is that important that you feel a need to drop.
Your particular need to drop her shows a sense of violation. You feel violated because you were entertaining her for exclusivity and then she showed her colors to the contrary. The problem in such a case is you, not her, for entertaining her for exclusivity so soon.
Consider all women you meet a friend. Enjoy their company. Encourage their slut-dom so she can run rampant in your presence. After allowing her months of total freedom (to do whatever she desires), IF she behaves within your standards, then, and only then, you can entertain a thought of exclusivity. But never feel a sense of violation as that would mean you were entertaining an LTR too soon without really knowing who she is.
I don't want to see any exclusivity talk from you for any girls in the next 3-4 months. And keep them ALL as friends should you desire to see them.
How is it wrong? They're not in an exclusive relationship. I'm sure guys here aren't naive enough to think all the women they encounter are virgins.Lol at having to tell a girl it’s wrong to have guys stay over
She already knows it's wrong
I'd honestly say it's highly unlikely that if you said to one of those guy friends, "Hey, would you bang me please?" that at least one of them wouldn't oblige you. I've often wondered whether females play dumb on this or simply cannot understand that you may be friends with a guy, you may not have attraction to him but most guys, most guys I know wouldn't waste much time on a woman that they didn't have some desire to bang.It’s a trust thing. I stayed alone overnight twice in the past with close friends of my man’s for example.
Once was with a close friend of my ex husband, slept in different rooms, no funny business at all.
Last fall my boyfriend flew home a day before me from an out of state vacation where we had stayed with his best friend. Again, slept in different rooms (obviously) and no funny business.
I’ve got male friends who are truly platonic and there is no attraction between us. I have other male “friends” who would have an agenda given the opportunity. I see it as my job to know the difference and maintain proper boundaries.
I like my man to meet male friends who are truly friends. I like them to know each other and for my man to feel comfortable with that friendship.
If my man is not cool with male friends I’m respectful of my man for the most part. I’m not crazy about men having female friends either really...for the same reasons guys here talk about. I go out with desirable men. It’s not lost on me that other women see him as desirable...just as my guy sees that other men have desire for me...
But it all boils down to trust.
With a non-exclusive plate? Not sure there’s grounds to think you have a say. You aren’t exclusive so you both can do whatever.
You can’t expect the chick to act like a girlfriend when you treat her as an option. That might work for a while as she tries to show she’s LTR worthy...but with any woman worth having? She’ll get wise & either move on altogether or keep her own options open.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
I still don't see why it's so wrong for her to see a male friend when she's only a plate anyway.
Talking about it and being exclusive are two different things.We talked about exclusivity only last week
I know you probably know this but what she said last week doesn’t matter now. I talked the same exclusivity **** with a girl for 3 days and it was like the conversation never happened a week later and we never dated exclusively. It’s crazy how fast it changed.We talked about exclusivity only last week
There's no such thing as a unisex brain.It’s a trust thing. I stayed alone overnight twice in the past with close friends of my man’s for example.
Once was with a close friend of my ex husband, slept in different rooms, no funny business at all.
Last fall my boyfriend flew home a day before me from an out of state vacation where we had stayed with his best friend. Again, slept in different rooms (obviously) and no funny business.
I’ve got male friends who are truly platonic and there is no attraction between us. I have other male “friends” who would have an agenda given the opportunity. I see it as my job to know the difference and maintain proper boundaries.
I like my man to meet male friends who are truly friends. I like them to know each other and for my man to feel comfortable with that friendship.
If my man is not cool with male friends I’m respectful of my man for the most part. I’m not crazy about men having female friends either really...for the same reasons guys here talk about. I go out with desirable men. It’s not lost on me that other women see him as desirable...just as my guy sees that other men have desire for me...
But it all boils down to trust.
With a non-exclusive plate? Not sure there’s grounds to think you have a say. You aren’t exclusive so you both can do whatever.
You can’t expect the chick to act like a girlfriend when you treat her as an option. That might work for a while as she tries to show she’s LTR worthy...but with any woman worth having? She’ll get wise & either move on altogether or keep her own options open.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
He can't really help himself there, it's like asking a cat to bark when all he wants to do is meow.and stop trapping yourself into exclusivity with every damn girl you meet.
Solid question. Back in the day we would have dozens of threads spanning tens of pages just on this very subject of boundaries. Much can be written on the topic, so I’ll keep it short.Where would you draw the decision-line between:
1. Overtly telling her you don't like what she's doing and that if she does it (or does it again if it already happened), you're gone
2. Taking your approach I quoted above
Stuff like this should be in the bible imoSolid question. Back in the day we would have dozens of threads spanning tens of pages just on this very subject of boundaries. Much can be written on the topic, so I’ll keep it short.
I had always taken an overt boundary post-exclusivity position. My position slightly evolved over time in relation to its effectiveness.
Here, Soulforge is not exclusive with the girl. She is in a vetting/rehearsal stage. Such an act to permit a male friend sleeping over demonstrates she is not good LTR raw material (in relation to many other women who would not allow such a thing).
IF I am not exclusive, I tell them nothing. They are in an evaluation period—auditioning for exclusivity—so I give them enough rope to hang themselves which allows me to watch them run rampant fully, unrestricted, and within their own desires. Here I won’t openly judge them because by judging, I would be shaping their behavior (think chameleon). I just simply observe to evaluate. If, over some time, they exhibit great behavior, then I consider their LTR eligibility.
Here, I would welcome such an act, as I can use it to as a negotiable tool to buy more non-exclusive time when she presses for exclusivity.
Post-exclusivity, such an act might be a deal breaker for me depending on my time investment simply because I have many other options who wouldn’t dare entertain such an idea. But for a man not so willing to walk away or with more time invested in the relation, an overt boundary here is perfectly acceptable and would likely do the job by eradicating her attempted manipulation right there (assuming the act is not prompted by her lack of desire). Some have argued that overt boundaries in such an instant makes you appear insecure. I replied worrying about appearing insecure is insecure. Boundaries in such a context makes her aware of what will or will not be tolerated to keep you around.
The exceptions to overt boundaries usually deal with acts prompted by her lack of desire, such as less sex, less affection, more time wanted to hang out with her gfs, etc. In such an instant, I would give her space (S&D) to allow her desire to expand seemly by her own volition.
All the stuff in the bible is quite old. There are a few guys here who have been dishing out solid advice in replies, and in original threads that should really be added.... the bible needs a refresh. @Atom Smasher ? Any plans to do anything like this?Stuff like this should be in the bible imo
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Solid question. Back in the day we would have dozens of threads spanning tens of pages just on this very subject of boundaries. Much can be written on the topic, so I’ll keep it short.
I had always taken an overt boundary post-exclusivity position. My position slightly evolved over time in relation to its effectiveness.
Here, Soulforge is not exclusive with the girl. She is in a vetting/rehearsal stage. Such an act to permit a male friend sleeping over demonstrates she is not good LTR raw material (in relation to many other women who would not allow such a thing).
IF I am not exclusive, I tell them nothing. They are in an evaluation period—auditioning for exclusivity—so I give them enough rope to hang themselves which allows me to watch them run rampant fully, unrestricted, and within their own desires. Here I won’t openly judge them because by judging, I would be shaping their behavior (think chameleon). I just simply observe to evaluate. If, over some time, they exhibit great behavior, then I consider their LTR eligibility.
Here, I would welcome such an act, as I can use it to as a negotiable tool to buy more non-exclusive time when she presses for exclusivity.
Post-exclusivity, such an act might be a deal breaker for me depending on my time investment simply because I have many other options who wouldn’t dare entertain such an idea. But for a man not so willing to walk away or with more time invested in the relation, an overt boundary here is perfectly acceptable and would likely do the job by eradicating her attempted manipulation right there (assuming the act is not prompted by her lack of desire). Some have argued that overt boundaries in such an instant makes you appear insecure. I replied worrying about appearing insecure is insecure. Boundaries in such a context makes her aware of what will or will not be tolerated to keep you around.
The exceptions to overt boundaries usually deal with acts prompted by her lack of desire, such as less sex, less affection, more time wanted to hang out with her gfs, etc. In such an instant, I would give her space (S&D) to allow her desire to expand seemly by her own volition.
[/QUOTE
Well guys.. Last night in a DRUNKEN state, she admitted this man who stops over at her house, means too much to her, for her to let him go.
She also claimed that she makes a terrible long term girlfriend.
She also complained about her making most of the effort to travel and come see me.. Even though I have offered to cover her fuel cost at times.
Probably the alcohol was talking here, but my feelings are not good about this woman.
When a chick admits she is bad relationship material, then you know it is game over.
Does the fact that she was drunk matter?
Does not enjoy sex with ANYONE? There are alot of em out there like that nowdaysWell in a DRUNKEN state, she claimed this man means too much to her.
She also biched and moaned about her having to do all the travel to come see me.
She also cannot see me again for another two weeks due to a family event, which means I have to work around her timetable.
She was drunk.. Not sure what to make of all this shyte!
She even claimed she does not enjoy sex at all...
Damaged goods here.
Should I dump her Ass? Or keep around as plate?
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.