"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Planning in proposing after 1 week of being together, im only 19!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Give it TWO MONTHS, at least.

Right now you're infatuated. Seriously, if you get married now, you'll essentially be marrying someone you know NOTHING about romantically. She DOES have flaws...and until you see them and decide you can live with them, marriage is a BAD idea.

Also, you may be able to see this woman as being your WIFE, but can you see her being the MOTHER of your CHILDREN?? Marriage isn't about love...it's about family. If you marry for love, you are going to regret it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Just tell me what's the difference in being married or not (with this girl)?

Aren't you "with" her anyway? So?

That desperation impress me... :rolleyes:

Anyway go ahead and do what you wanna do!
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by jakethasnake
DO IT... I want to see you fvck it up and become an example for everyone. Be a martr for sosuave, please....
Bfl has been an example of what not to do for quite some time now.

Bfl, really, you should give it more time. A week is too soon. Like, ten days might be more reasonable.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Oh, and BFL... if you DO get married, please promise me one thing.

Whatever you do, please don't breed.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

wezzy

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
62
Take it from someone that did something simular.

I knew my ex a lot longer then a week, but we got married at 19. Had 2 kids, lived together for almost 20 years. But the fire went out within 2 years of our marriage. I worked 2 jobs, and did college at night.

That makes 18 years of hell!!!! I do mean HELL. Stayed together for the kids, and I never once cheated on her, I was too busy working and going to school. Completely lost my game, completely lost all of my friends (Who wants to hang with a losser, miserable, always negative guy). A month after I left, I found out that she has had several boyfriends along the way, and a TL for the last 2 years. F**Ked me up, on top of already being F up.

Now I pay, I pay, I pay...both in College and an ex that can't hold a job, but I'm FREE and I got my game back, thanks to sosauve, and a couple of very good friends.
 

bfl

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
after showing him all the replies this is what he said " they are not in my sitution, they dont know how this really is" so i give up on this man, i tried to save his life but he wont listen to me or yall for that matter.


Oh and its funny how ever since the first day i joined this board giovanni has been hating me, even on this thread when i clearly stated that i will never be in a MARRIAGE situation period. its all good though.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by bfl
Actually its not me the one that wants to get married to this chick, oh HELLL NAWW not bfl, but my friend,
Please, not the old "I have a friend..." line - nobody believes it. Oh, and stop referring to yourself in the third person. It's unnerving.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by bfl
Oh and its funny how ever since the first day i joined this board giovanni has been hating me, even on this thread when i clearly stated that i will never be in a MARRIAGE situation period. its all good though.
Hahaha... I don't hate you. You're good entertainment, in addition to serving as a warning to others.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

bfl

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by diablo
Please, not the old "I have a friend..." line - nobody believes it. Oh, and stop referring to yourself in the third person. It's unnerving.
well just like giovani said.....i knew that i was gonna get way more flaming and heavier responses if i said it was me bfl knowing my past, than if i said it was some othe person, but trust me when i say that marriage for me is not an option anytime soon.
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
Wezzy

Welcome, I am in the same boat you are and believe me, I feel and have felt your pain....

Bonhomme: Now we have a new term, DHC: DIe-hard chump. Great, I love it!!

I also love the fact that even the borderline AFCs agree that a one-week marriage is BAD BAD BAD...

Dietzcoi
 
Top