Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking up women IRL in a foreign country

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Germany and I almost never go out due to being an introvert and I guess having some social anxiety, mostly because of my lack of speaking German. I've had a few girlfriends since I've lived here, but none of them worked out, and now I'm finding myself at a point where I can't really find new women except online, where it's usually just a match and then either a date or two where I find out there's no spark, or they don't reply at all, typical online dating bs.

I'm the kind of person that will never go out and talk to random people, and I don't like small talk, which makes the whole thing more difficult - I also don't drink and am very reserved.

Other than that, I'm pretty well off, have a career and an interesting side hustle and not the ugliest guy either - not too handsome, either. I'm 5 foot 7, thinning hair, so that doesn't help with online dating for sure. I also have a serious face on most of the time, but I am funny.

Any tips for a guy like me?

Last edited:

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which city do you live in? Any interests like teamsports to meet new people?

Socially drinking is very big here in germany. However, leave your comfort zone and go out. You will be surprised how easy it is to get to know people when you're out on your own, given you're not awkward to be around ;)

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne area. I don't do teamsports, and like mentioned, I don't drink. The language barrier, in addition to all of that, is another factor that contributes to the issue.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to language exchange events, to practice German and meet people. Works for me well here in Spain.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cologne area. I don't do teamsports, and like mentioned, I don't drink...
So living in cologne should make meeting people very easy. You don't have to drink.

I love cologne. Thinking about moving to cologne or bonn for work actually, I'm pretty often in that area.

Geh' auf die Ringstraßen ;)

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd really struggle with that. I'm not a partying person, so being on the ringe where groups of people, partying and being drunk and loud, are passing, I'd feel like I have no business being there, especially as I have a serious and non-partying mindset.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to language exchange events, to practice German and meet people. Works for me well here in Spain.
I don't feel like practising German though; my interests are pretty limited and I'm not interested in things majority of people are, like yoga, language exchanges, dancing, etc.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't feel like practising German though; my interests are pretty limited and I'm not interested in things majority of people are, like yoga, language exchanges, dancing, etc.
Well, think about what your interests are and pursue them. Don't you think you ought to improve your German since you're living in Germany?

If you can't or "don't feel like" doing certain things, you have a choice to make. As Nick Saban says, it's about doing what you feel vs. what you've got to do to achieve your goals.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, think about what your interests are and pursue them. Don't you think you ought to improve your German since you're living in Germany?

If you can't or "don't feel like" doing certain things, you have a choice to make. As Nick Saban says, it's about doing what you feel vs. what you've got to do to achieve your goals.
My interests are so specific there's only a few people that are doing a similar thing in the area, and none of them are female. I'm not planning to stay in Germany indefinitely so I'm not gonna waste time on perfecting the language - I know enough to get almost anything sorted, just not well enough to have casual conversations, and that decreases my confidence as well.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My interests are so specific there's only a few people that are doing a similar thing in the area, and none of them are female. I'm not planning to stay in Germany indefinitely so I'm not gonna waste time on perfecting the language - I know enough to get almost anything sorted, just not well enough to have casual conversations, and that decreases my confidence as well.
Well, what are those specific interests if I may ask

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think women are having fun while being around you?
Maybe, maybe not (I am an interesting guy), but I’m not gonna go and be a fake; that might work short term but long term our true natures show up

Last edited:

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@user252009 I might be coming to Aachen soon, perhaps we can meet up... show you some tricks etc.
PM me

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
So living in cologne should make meeting people very easy. You don't have to drink.

I love cologne. Thinking about moving to cologne or bonn for work actually, I'm pretty often in that area.

Choose cologne.

Easily the most beautiful city in Germany.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aachen -> Koln = 30minute drive

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you've been given "tips" and even an offer for one-on-one help but you seem to be set in your ways. If you don't like talking to people, you'll have a hard time meeting people.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you've been given "tips" and even an offer for one-on-one help but you seem to be set in your ways. If you don't like talking to people, you'll have a hard time meeting people.
@user25009 What I am thinking right now... You ask for advice, but you won't take advice.
You won't change, if you hide in your comfort zone. MrWood often gives solid advice, especially in the field you said that you really struggle. Reaching Aachen from Cologne isn't even a trip...

Choose cologne.

Easily the most beautiful city in Germany.
Indeed. It's the area I'm focused on the most right now.