Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking Up A Woman On a First Date

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a woman cancel a date because I wouldn't pick her up or pay for her Lyft (lol)
The reason I do not pick women up on a first date is simple, I've had some bad dates and the ride back was awkward and weird
Usually this has not been an issue a woman driving to the date venue herself
I'm curious do you guys still pick up women on a first date in 2021?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuk yeah I do... Jesus Christ it ain't Door dash.

Get over "it might be awkward"

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.... I don’t think I’ve ever had any dates that catastrophic that I couldn’t tolerate spending 15 or more minutes in a car together.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.... I don’t think I’ve ever had any dates that catastrophic that I couldn’t tolerate spending 15 or more minutes in a car together.
Everyone experience is different I've had two bad dates and one was a 30 minute drive with the girl sobbing the whole way back never again
In 2021 this hasn't been an issue matter fact before this girl I cant recall the last time a woman asked me to pick her up most women drive or live in the city and uber/Lyft themselves. If this was a woman I've been dating for awhile or a couple dates I would have no problem doing so

Last edited:

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd pick up a first date, but I wouldn't send/pay for an Uber....

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t date or approach women. But hypothetically yes I would pick the girl up. In my white van. If she’s happy to be driven around in that then she’s at least some way towards being down to earth.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a woman cancel a date because I wouldn't pick her up or pay for her Lyft (lol)
The reason I do not pick women up on a first date is simple, I've had some bad dates and the ride back was awkward and weird
Yes - because most first dates go well than don’t. Picking her up gives you a super easy ability to bang her at the end of the night. If she had a great time and has drank a bit she will invite you in.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women want to meet you somewhere these days, I haven’t picked a girl up for a first date in I don’t know how long. If she got offended by that she’s very entitled and your dinner would have been $400 because “she deserves it, she’s a kween!”.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women want to meet you somewhere these days, I haven’t picked a girl up for a first date in I don’t know how long.
This is true of my early stage dates. All swipe app dates don't involve me picking her up. Dates that result from cold approaches won't either.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should be an easy fix OP. Yes I wouldn’t pick up a girl on a first date either. You leave yourself no escape plan. If logistics is an issue because of her DUI (lol), just find a location that’s close to her. Tell her you‘ll meet her there and she has the option of walking, cabbing or a asking a friend.
if things are going well, maybe she’ll invite you back. If not, exit stage left and you have no responsibilities for taking her home.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should be an easy fix OP. Yes I wouldn’t pick up a girl on a first date either. You leave yourself no escape plan. If logistics is an issue because of her DUI (lol), just find a location that’s close to her. Tell her you‘ll meet her there and she has the option of walking, cabbing or a asking a friend.
if things are going well, maybe she’ll invite you back. If not, exit stage left and you have no responsibilities for taking her home.
This, not sure where most of you guys live but I have heard stories of getting mugged picking up a girl on a first date
also I just spoke with a model friend of mine and she said she wouldn't feel comfortable with a guy knowing where she lived right away without vetting him in person.

I get it, that guys still do this but from experience I always wanna have an escape plan. I recently walked away from a date because she was ghetto (trashy) would have been hard to do so had I picked her up

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hunch this chick was looking to judge you for the car you drive

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad I don't face this problem in the NYC area.

I would have picked her up, and if the date went badly, simply wished her a good evening and drove myself home. She can figure out the rest.

Some more traditionally-minded women may expect you to pick them up, but there's no rule saying that if you pick her up, you have to take her back home too.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This, not sure where most of you guys live but I have heard stories of getting mugged picking up a girl on a first date
also I just spoke with a model friend of mine and she said she wouldn't feel comfortable with a guy knowing where she lived right away without vetting him in person.

I get it, that guys still do this but from experience I always wanna have an escape plan. I recently walked away from a date because she was ghetto (trashy) would have been hard to do so had I picked her up
Oh that’s true. I wouldn’t directly ask for there address too because of the potential stalker vibe. I usually ask for the entertainment or regional district there in. You can suggest a venue or perhaps they will knowing the area...

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I would have picked her up, and if the date went badly, simply wished her a good evening and drove myself home. She can figure out the rest.

Some more traditionally-minded women may expect you to pick them up, but there's no rule saying that if you pick her up, you have to take her back home too.
Yeah she was older (41) in great shape however I can't recall last time I had to do that IMO if you're 35+ dating having a car, your own place and a job should be mandatory for both men and women. Let's say she ubered and everything went well I wouldn't have minded dropping her off

One big thing I left out of the story is I met her on Bumble, I'm cautious when it comes to online dating because I've had a few freak shows as dates

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a Tinderella meet me in a public place and jump in my vehicle to go on to were we were going to get a drink.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How you gonna pick a girl up in NYC? Walk to her apartment and then to the subway? Hail a cab together? Rent a horse and buggy and pick her up in that?

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you gonna pick a girl up in NYC? Walk to her apartment and then to the subway? Hail a cab together? Rent a horse and buggy and pick her up in that?
Usually you simply meet up at an agreed-upon venue. When the date is over, you go your separate ways. If the date went very well, there’s little downtime getting to one of your apartments. Logistics are very easy for first date sex.