Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Personal looks (and balding)

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I sported a shaved head for more than ten years. My thin and beautiful ex-girlfriend (who was ten years younger than me) loved it. Luckily I have a very decent head shape.

I hate using hats or caps. I never demonstrated insecurity about my baldness in front of a woman. But like I said before, the girls I'm interested in (18-25) can be picky about hair. A year after my transplant, I remember how girls from work were attracted by me and constantly mentioning how good looking I am with hair. Like I said, same hair as Brad Pitt in a previous post.

Girls older than 28 are not as picky since they realize looks (specifically hair) is not as important as height, money, charisma, penis size, etc. But if she's hot enough for men with ALL those characteristics to hit on her, why not add hair to the requirements? In eastern Europe they're not as concerned about height like in the West. Women are as picky as much as they can get away with. Same with men. You'll look for the most attractive girl you can bang.

My point is I understand both sides. It shouldn't be your focus unless you have everything sorted out. It's not a magic solution. But it might increase one point in your SMV.

CrazyClubber

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate discussing this topic - I'm really self conscious, but these days my confidence is at such a horrible low point that I don't know who to talk to. I have nobody in my life I can discuss this with so I figured I would turn to the one place I felt comfortable spilling my guts out lol.

I'm early 30s - I been rockin a bald look since I was like 27. It weighed a lot on me then, but I worked out, gained some muscle, tinkered with my facial hair all the time, I still had vigor and the feel of youthfulness in me I guess, and even though it subtley bothered me it wouldn't overwhelm me. Now, being in the place I am, and single, and older and dealing with ****ty issues in my life, my bald look has been bothering me like no tomorrow. I hate looking in the mirror. I can't go out and socialize. My confidence is just shot, and I just don't know what to do. I been considering saving up and going for laser hair removal (so I could at least get rid of the damn shadow around the head, which looks terrible just a day later after shaving my head), or goin to the doc and asking for finestaride and minoxidol and just give that a try.
Has anyone else here dealt with this? Or similar situation... or overcame the problem... please let me know something and tell me what you think of the options I laid out. Greatly appreciate it.

Dont worry about it. It just shows that the Testosterone is flowing and that you're a man.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it makes anybody feel better my 20 year old son has started thinning. He’s not happy about that, uses finesteride to retain what he has & has a well established girlfriend and gets interest from other chicks whom he turns away.

So my son is only 5’8”, his hair is thinning at age 20, and he still kills it. Number one sales guy in his region for his job (which is only part time since he’s a junior at university), great gf who loves him, and social acumen where he is unafraid to converse with anyone. Good grades, will be an Air Force officer upon graduation.

He accepts who he is & what he’s working with. He leads in his ROTC unit and leads his relationship and his life. He also flips cars on occasion to create extra cash for more private pilot training hours.

What’s y’all’s excuse again? Maximize yourselves and get the right attitude. My son could be a completely defeated young man at 5’8”, 135 lbs (on a heavy day) with thinning hair, even though he’s good looking. He doesn’t care about that because that is what he’s got to work with. He’s positive, ambitious and focused on what he wants out of life. He isn’t obsessing over hair loss or height. He’s too busy accomplishing something.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So long as you are in good shape you can get away with a "well groomed" bald look. Meaning that you take care to shave at least every couple of days and keep it smooth. Many women find this attractive.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it makes anybody feel better my 20 year old son has started thinning. He’s not happy about that, uses finesteride to retain what he has & has a well established girlfriend and gets interest from other chicks whom he turns away.

So my son is only 5’8”, his hair is thinning at age 20, and he still kills it. Number one sales guy in his region for his job (which is only part time since he’s a junior at university), great gf who loves him, and social acumen where he is unafraid to converse with anyone. Good grades, will be an Air Force officer upon graduation.

He accepts who he is & what he’s working with. He leads in his ROTC unit and leads his relationship and his life. He also flips cars on occasion to create extra cash for more private pilot training hours.

What’s y’all’s excuse again? Maximize yourselves and get the right attitude. My son could be a completely defeated young man at 5’8”, 135 lbs (on a heavy day) with thinning hair, even though he’s good looking. He doesn’t care about that because that is what he’s got to work with. He’s positive, ambitious and focused on what he wants out of life. He isn’t obsessing over hair loss or height. He’s too busy accomplishing something.
A 35 yrs old bald, short, weak framed guy wont have girls chasing him nor he will get the top score selling vacuum cleaners.

Our excuses is that one single case doesnt make thousands of cases disappear, also still have to hear a mom that has nothing but good things to say about his son.
(Not trying to be an ass ofc)

I also had a short skinny blonde cute guy being che coolest kid at school when we were 12, do I need to say about now in our late 30s?

Congrats to your son, he is doing better than 99% of guys his age but still a single case doesnt change facts.

There are plenty of studies that show how height, good looks and facial traits influence the outcome.
Sure it's not a death sentence but it complicates the overall picture when someone is weak on them as an adult.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I was balding and for a while I didn't do anything other than style my hair different...then I just shaved my head and have been doing that for he last 3+ years.

Embrace it.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it.

However, I wonder how many studies have been done on how a man's vibe/energy has an even greater influence in some cases. I think it does (for me and women I associate with - not all); it trumps looks, status, etc.

Not to say looks aren't important however if a man has a crap vibe/energy/attitude, great looks, status etc aren't gonna cut it for many women.

Case in point, one of my brothers who is 6'3", works out obsessively (he replaced his obsession with drinking with working out), has a physique to die for, face to match. He's a firefighter in L.A. He looks like a Swedish GOD.

He pulls women left and right however a few years ago he fell into a very minor slump and his vibe/energy suffered badly. Same looks, same everything except for his vibe/energy. And he couldn't pull women to save his life!

I read the below quote from @BeExcellent yesterday in the Scarcity thread so apparently she believes it does too. A few agreed with her on that thread, and in other threads on SS and talking to people IRL.

Another case re one of my bosses who is 5'6", he's not balding, but he is below-average height but his vibe/energy is so high off the charts, he attracts EVERYONE to him. Everywhere he goes, he's up and about talking to people pulling them in.

Before he married, he was quite the player but then he met his wife and their vibe/energy just clicked. She is also taller than he is by 3 inches.

Does he give a crap? NO.

Re baldness, I personally find a shaved head to be extremely sexy and masculine! So imo to the guys who are balding, forget the hair growth products, just shave your head!

Just another perspective to consider.
But still a single case doesnt make a rule compared to data.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/traver...-salary-new-research-seeks-to-understand-why/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2709415/

Looking forward for some user to say that "it's not true cause my cousin is dwarf and he got promoted employee of the week".

Why is it so hard to accept the fact that we are evaluated according to the dna stock we belong even before our work and results?

I undestand it's harsh and painful but we're all adults here.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it worked for you, good, but Rooney didn't go to a cheap hair mill, so the genetics reign supreme.
I only know what iv read in the media about Rooneys HT so for what is worth,as I understand it he declined to take finisteride so his balding continued as having a HT only affects,literally,the transplanted area,it dosent magically cure your "ongoing" baldness,and without meds,unless your hair loss has stabilized you will continue to bald in the normal way unless you prevent with meds. So it depends how much you want hair. So it think we can speculate that that,along with bad luck,contributed to his not so stellar result. They dont work for every single person ever,thats just the way of cosmetic surgery. BTW, you hear sometimes horror stories about the side effects of fin,ie,you cant "point north" etc but,again for what its worth as a sample of myself only means nothing but iv had no such side effects..only a full head of hair. But hey,its all opinion :)

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg
Forget about the first guy. But use the others as inspiration .

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how a man's vibe/energy has an even greater influence in some cases.
Would you care to go into detail about this vibe/energy? Esoteric terms are useless when one doesn't know if they have it, or what to even cultivate.....

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was the poor energy he projected during that time, woman could sense it, I sensed it as his sister!
Would you say the energy he projected was unenthusiastic and dull with no zest.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes! No zest for life. Going through the motions. Contrived.
I knew this was it due to already realizing my own personal vibe issues. I can attract females, but then upon communicating, the attraction withers.... Upon self reflection I came to the conclusion this was the reason why.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question: Are you into these women? Meaning does your attraction run deeper than merely the physical?
Many times, it doesn't get that far. Since what will prompt me to approach would be visual/physical.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was balding and for a while I didn't do anything other than style my hair different...then I just shaved my head and have been doing that for he last 3+ years.

Embrace it.
I think I am heading towards this. My hair on the back of my head has been getting thinner for about the previous 4-5 years now and it is noticeable now although not so much it needs to come off. I would say probably in the next 5 years or so I will likely be going the completely shaved route myself.

I think once you are at a certain point you just need to embrace it.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My first husband went from having hair to balding while we were married, did not affect my desire for him at all.
Would you have expected it too at that stage ? , ( because i wouldn't )

these guys are talking about initial meeting and approach stages its a very different dynamic