Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

People are starting to rebel against lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A very real concern. But you realize that's one argument for the "let it rip" theory?
No moral argument can be made for "letting it rip."

Because the alternative is to keep printing cash, which will end in disaster.
When has any major superpower (such as the U.S. or U.K.) printing cash ever led to a disaster?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed the Lefties are loving this lockdown

My FB feed is full of liberals ordering people to stay inside. It's a chance for them to take the moral high ground and pretend to be an expert everything

They are absolutely loving this

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most manufacturing jobs were already offshored to China. Too many working poor struggling to make ends meet. You making this sound like some sort of crises. There is no crises just the reorganizing of society with a new set of winners and losers. Whether the majority will be better or worst off is yet to be seen. If there is free health care and a universal basic wage and reversal of tax cuts then that might solve allot of issues.

You mean regressive tax policies that are oppressive to the poor while doling out tax cuts to the rich while eveeything is crumbling at the seams? System had problems before this.
No jobs in Europe are still in Europe and the fact that most people only now is running out of money is the proof...unless in the US the guy working shoes shop, the iron factory and the farmer all have a private jet to move to shangai every morning.
Can I ask you what is your job currently?

"The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few" -Spock

Nice try at the spin, though.

Yes. And your point...?

Public services have nothing to do with people working, spending, or producing.

Governments get all of their money by printing it. This is monetary policy 101. Taxation has nothing to do with it. Taxation never had any bearing on the governments ability to spend. How do you think the U.S. government pulled $2 trillion out of their ass in one week to bail out to corporations?

Yes. You may want to push grandma off a cliff but society can't pursue that as public policy.
So if taxation is not needed and governments just print more money when needed why president obama had to do all that mess for public healthcare when he could have simply told the fed to print more?

Why keep taxes at all and better yet why not printing even more so we can get a new car to anyone? :D

Same question done to the other guy, what is your job currently?

My FB feed is full of liberals ordering people to stay inside. It's a chance for them to take the moral high ground and pretend to be an expert everything

Yeah its amazing how this situation gives them the chance to take the moral high ground while following restrictive order from a government.

They also dont give a damn about the social and economical conseguences cause they think the government will simply fix any problem as a lovely mother and a overmighty father at the same time...needless to say its necessary to obey without questions.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah its amazing how this situation gives them the chance to take the moral high ground while following restrictive order from a government.

They also dont give a damn about the social and economical conseguences cause they think the government will simply fix any problem as a lovely mother and a overmighty father at the same time...needless to say its necessary to obey without questions.
The moral high ground has always been there. Your dystopian alternative is to sacrifice human life for profit. Luckily, modern society has evolved beyond your position.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if taxation is not needed and governments just print more money when needed why president obama had to do all that mess for public healthcare when he could have simply told the fed to print more?

Why keep taxes at all and better yet why not printing even more so we can get a new car to anyone? :D
They did print more... through his entire term. Taxation is to keep us working. I'll repeat the question you refuse to answer: how did the U.S. government pull $2 trillion out of their ass for the latest round of "stimulus?"

^^^ Personal attacks always come when there is no other argument.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find this cute, people say stay at home, but still want delivery, markets working, truck drivers supplying said places, plus all support workers.

so pretty much you guys say life matters but in the end you only care about yourself, don't matter if these delivery people and people who are working could die, as long you can have your delivery on time.

also take note if people stoped working you would starve, and there is no money who can solve that, because if the supply chain is broken till its repareid will take time, and in some cases a lot more, if places close down with is happening and will happen, not many will bounce after a month or 2 closed still paying people, and don't matter how much credit you give there is no saving from it.

myself i'm still working normally, if I close the office, I don't need to bother to open it again, losing clients will not let me keep things running

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find this cute, people say stay at home, but still want delivery, markets working, truck drivers supplying said places, plus all support workers.
We go out to buy our supplies and only use delivery if it's the same time as curb-side pick-up or less. I picked up a package from someone who delivered it to me and didn't wear a mask so I'd say the risks are all even around. Truck drivers are insulated to their trucks and don't have to deal with the public.

I found out last month that delivery doesn't not work. There is a back-log of delivery cases and by the time someone else goes to shop for items, it's probably gone anyway. Better if you shop in person and get what you need.

Alvafe said:
also take note if people stoped working you would starve, and there is no money who can solve that, because if the supply chain is broken till its repareid will take time, and in some cases a lot more, if places close down with is happening and will happen, not many will bounce after a month or 2 closed still paying people, and don't matter how much credit you give there is no saving from it.
That's why you have essential services that remain open and safety precautions are taken. It is still not an airborne virus. You are acting like it's an airborne virus.

Alvafe said:
myself i'm still working normally, if I close the office, I don't need to bother to open it again, losing clients will not let me keep things running
If your work is non-essential to the functioning of society then that is beside the point.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real-Estate. What does that have to do with this discussion? It's a stay-at-home type of industry before covid-19 since you are at other people's homes - either showing or listing for sale.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, post-WWI, pre-3rd Reich. Reparations, hyper-inflation. It's a great example of what happens when you print print print....
People forget it was a global crisis between 1929-1933. What we're seeing there in weimar is close to what we're seeing today. The only difference is I don't see a precursor to war. Or a known enemy just a global health crises... Man but getting %80 of population infected is a prediction from harvard. Covid is serious.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People forget it was a global crisis between 1929-1933. What we're seeing there in weimar is close to what we're seeing today. The only difference is I don't see a precursor to war. Or a known enemy just a global health crises... Man but getting %80 of population infected is a prediction from harvard. Covid is serious.
No, what happened to the Weimar Republic is not close to what we are seeing today.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, you got check-mated, and now you're trying to skate by on mere technicality of how you personally define super power....

It took the combined effort of the UK, US, France and Russia to beat Germany in WWI.

It took the combined effort of the UK, US and Russia to beat Germany in WWII....

...that's a super power.... And the Weimar Republic failed due to hyper-inflation....You got checked....

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, you got check-mated, and now you're trying to skate by on mere technicality of how you personally define super power....

It took the combined effort of the UK, US, France and Russia to beat Germany in WWI.

It took the combined effort of the UK, US and Russia to beat Germany in WWII....

...that's a super power.... And the Weimar Republic failed due to hyper-inflation....You got checked....
with is funny WW2 wouldn't have happen if WW1 end was not forcing germany to pay for reparation, I guess that is why after a war now US try to rebuild the place, course they get money from it, but don't force people to go to war again later

We go out to buy our supplies and only use delivery if it's the same time as curb-side pick-up or less. I picked up a package from someone who delivered it to me and didn't wear a mask so I'd say the risks are all even around. Truck drivers are insulated to their trucks and don't have to deal with the public.

I found out last month that delivery doesn't not work. There is a back-log of delivery cases and by the time someone else goes to shop for items, it's probably gone anyway. Better if you shop in person and get what you need.

That's why you have essential services that remain open and safety precautions are taken. It is still not an airborne virus. You are acting like it's an airborne virus.

If your work is non-essential to the functioning of society then that is beside the point.
again you fail to undertand the point, its said the coronavirus tend to survive in places around a day till 4 days, working alone don't work if your job is taking things to others places, with means you get contact with people.

masks don't protect you from the virus, unless you use a full hasmat gear or a gas mask, masks prevent the range of bacteria from your mouth to the air, aka, in only works if you are sick, and and even so not that good, but good enough to prevent infections during operations, or anything serious.

what I see like always is lack of knowledge and fear, but again being a hypocrite is ok, you expect others take the risk, and want everyone to make sacrifices for you, but you just keep parroting the same fear mongering without a single thought

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

"Checkmate" is a loss. Surrender. What Germany had to do.. twice.

Reparation is a derivative of the word "repair."

If you want to consider losing two world wars in three decades a super power, that's on you.

The Weimar Republic failed because they were losers. Their currency was never worth the paper it was printed on.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
with is funny WW2 wouldn't have happen if WW1 end was not forcing germany to pay for reparation, I guess that is why after a war now US try to rebuild the place, course they get money from it, but don't force people to go to war again later
^^^ Nazi sympathizing on full display.

masks don't protect you from the virus, unless you use a full hasmat gear or a gas mask, masks prevent the range of bacteria from your mouth to the air, aka, in only works if you are sick, and and even so not that good, but good enough to prevent infections during operations, or anything serious.
Let's be clear - the face covering laws are not to protect the individual from society. They are to protect society from the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.