Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

People Are So Unaware

M

member160292

I’m a m1a1 MBR aficionado. I reload .308 Winchester aka 7.62x51 NATO they’re virtually IDENTICAL the only difference being headspace and that’s 6/1000’s of an inch - military rifles’ headspace is a little wider in order to avoid MALFs.

Anyway…
I was reloading my AR-10 .308* with Russian 7.62’s until my army friend gave me a huge lecture. Too bad we live in California…

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I was reloading my AR-10 .308* with Russian 7.62’s until my army friend gave me a huge lecture. Too bad we live in California…
When I say reload I mean I reload brass - I make my own bullets. I was also a DM for my unit. I carried an M14 in the sandbox.

M

member160292

When I say reload I mean I reload brass - I make my own bullets. I was also a DM for my unit. I carried an M14 in the sandbox.
I was looking into that when I wanted to get a .44. Didn’t have the space or ventilation. Kudos in being able to do that.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold will be illegal to own, you'll be curved into selling at a price point of their choosing, the legal precedent is already set almost 100 years ago, it's there, it's always been there.

Buy silver instead.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold will be illegal to own, you'll be curved into selling at a price point of their choosing, the legal precedent is already set almost 100 years ago, it's there, it's always been there.

Buy silver instead.
If this is something you are legitimately concerned for, you can get high karat jewelry in different forms like a chain, that was not confiscated. Also, doesn't mean you have to report it or turn it in. If purchased local with cash, there is no record, you can also have it stored internationally. Forget the amount but you were allowed to keep a few ounces I believe. Silver has been massively demonetized and is more of a industrial metals play while gold almost all monetization.

Personal opinion is I highly doubt this happens. The world is a much different place than 100yrs ago and there is a lot less patriotism now which inclined people to turn in for the overall benefit of the country.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is something you are legitimately concerned for, you can get high karat jewelry in different forms like a chain, that was not confiscated. Also, doesn't mean you have to report it or turn it in. If purchased local with cash, there is no record, you can also have it stored internationally. Forget the amount but you were allowed to keep a few ounces I believe. Silver has been massively demonetized and is more of a industrial metals play while gold almost all monetization.

Personal opinion is I highly doubt this happens. The world is a much different place than 100yrs ago and there is a lot less patriotism now which inclined people to turn in for the overall benefit of the country.
Im not worried at all, I took all my gold on a boat and it ended up sinking, declared as a loss!

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people who own gold would respond in similar fashion, myself included. Would be hard to actually pull off
It wasn't hard at all actually, my family owned the boat for a long time, my Grandpa gifted it to our family like 20 years ago after he had a near death experience on it, we rebuilt that engine twice, replaced the seats, new upholstery.

We took it out to the lake lot, my buddy, our neighbor who we were good friends with told us he was an experienced boater and wanted to take it for a ride with his kids. 2 hours later it was flipped over on the bottom of the lake rofl.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't hard at all actually, my family owned the boat for a long time, my Grandpa gifted it to our family like 20 years ago after he had a near death experience on it, we rebuilt that engine twice, replaced the seats, new upholstery.

We took it out to the lake lot, my buddy, our neighbor who we were good friends with told us he was an experienced boater and wanted to take it for a ride with his kids. 2 hours later it was flipped over on the bottom of the lake rofl.
No, I mean would be hard for govt to actually confiscate at a large scale. Would bet most metals holders are the libertarian type and have some level of distrust to govt and banks