Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

People Are So Unaware

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man. I'm not a therapist obviously. I'll engage and give my $.02 for what that's worth. That's what this forum is for. I've gained a little bit of wisdom through by travels, trials and tribulations. However, if the other person's attitude is of reproach. Then why would someone bother?
So just pretend everything people tell me is helpful? Got it

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all makes sense when you understand what moves asset prices
You have a habit of replying without reading my entire post. Imagine if your boss did that when studying gold prices... could you blame him for only knowing what was in the first paragraph?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a habit of replying without reading my entire post. Imagine if your boss did that when studying gold prices... could you blame him for only knowing what was in the first paragraph?
I did read your whole post my guy. Where do you talk about what moved Doge coin asset prices?

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So just pretend everything people tell me is helpful? Got it
Additionally, the whole “you get what you give” bs is just that: bs. I’m convinced that saying was invented by predators to keep people easy marks
Hmmm, about this quote here^.

Do you ever give anything? By previous statements you've made. It seems you're all out for yourself but the extreme version. As in, if someone can't help you in some way, you want nothing to do with them. Have you ever been nice to someone just for the sake of being nice? Maybe adding a smile to someone's face because it makes you feel good? Helping someone out simply because they needed help..even though you knew you weren't going to get anything in return?

I'm not talking about joining the peace corp or anything. But just being part of society, caring about ****.

Other than busting a nut, is there anything you do care about?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, about this quote here^.

Do you ever give anything? By previous statements you've made. It seems you're all out for yourself but the extreme version. As in, if someone can't help you in some way, you want nothing to do with them. Have you ever been nice to someone just for the sake of being nice? Maybe adding a smile to someone's face because it makes you feel good? Helping someone out simply because they needed help..even though you knew you weren't going to get anything in return?

I'm not talking about joining the peace corp or anything. But just being part of society, caring about ****.

Other than busting a nut, is there anything you do care about?
I care about people when I was young. They sh!t on me and showed their true Color’s. Now I only care about myself or people who have proven to be good people. A co worker gave me some water at work today without me asking. He just gave it to me before I ran out. I’ve helped him before too when we were both first hired. He had no money and I bought him lunch.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... I mention "without reading my entire post" [1], and Sarge replies "I did read your whole post" [2]. The problem is summarizing my post as "what moved Dogecoin asset prices" [2], which is only the first paragraph of my post [3]. I also mentioned "cherry picked performance" and compared US markets to gold investment (US markets left someone 3x richer than a gold investor).

I suspect inserting links between paragraphs is the problem. Maybe I'll experiment with putting links at the bottom, instead.

[1]
[2]
I did read your whole post my guy. Where do you talk about what moved Doge coin asset prices?
[3]
Looking at performance retroactively is flawed. To highlight the problem, Dogecoin gained +2500% in the past 3 years despite being created as a joke. Naming past dates where something had big gains does not retroactively make it a good investment.

I recommend calculating how many years of data someone provides in their examples. The above example uses 21.3 years (2001 - now), which is an odd number of years to pick. When you see that, suspect someone has cherry picked the start date to make their asset look better. By the way, 2001 was the first full year of the dot-com crash, which is also a suspicious starting point.

Consider a more neutral 30 year period from 1993 until 2022, using Portfolio Visualizer to run the calculations :

$10k invested in the US stock market grew to $150k
$10k used to buy gold grew to $51k

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... I mention "without reading my entire post" [1], and Sarge replies "I did read your whole post" [2]. The problem is summarizing my post as "what moved Dogecoin asset prices" [2], which is only the first paragraph of my post [3]. I also mentioned "cherry picked performance" and compared US markets to gold investment (US markets left someone 3x richer than a gold investor).

I suspect inserting links between paragraphs is the problem. Maybe I'll experiment with putting links at the bottom, instead.

[1]

[2]

[3]
So why did dogecoin move?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I remember that from “48 laws of power” hence my silence
There is a reason it’s the 1st Law.

I’ve been fired for violating that law several times in my career. By stupid less experienced people. I’m older & wiser now & keep my thoughts to myself (not here obviously) but there is another related law:

Think as you like but behave like others. Law 38.

Never outshine the master. Law 1

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a reason it’s the 1st Law.

I’ve been fired for violating that law several times in my career. By stupid less experienced people. I’m older & wiser now & keep my thoughts to myself (not here obviously) but there is another related law:

Think as you like but behave like others. Law 38.

Never outshine the master. Law 1
Boom. Exactly

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold is a contentious asset. Even the many qualified money managers I work with disagree. To the extent some would never hold it, others hold 15% in portfolios.

The Gold bug would say that it’s an inflation hedge, and that all monetary debt based systems ultimately reset and gold is robust through these times.

The alternative view is that gold doesn’t produce earnings like a share, and it’s price is just what someone will pay for it.

I like gold as an item and I think it’s prudent to keep some actual krugerands should SHTF.

As an investment I would say hold a little bit ultimately it’s credentials as an inflation hedge are extremely poorly proven. It only really should be a negatively or non correlated place to rebalance profits into. Anyone betting the farm on gold as their main investment - or any non earnings producing asset, is foolish IMO.

The long run chart of gold shows it’s neither an inflation hedge nor a good long term store of value.
I own a decent amount of physical metals but basically look at as a last line of defense and insurance for SHTF situation. Just performance it is not that great and you initially are pretty deep in the red on dealer premiums. If you own paper gold, you give up its most important properties for the SHTF situation. Anything over 10% can really handicap overall performance, personally try to keep it in the 5-10%, that also include silver and platinum.

If you are around long enough you can have major wipe out scenarios where strategies that worked for decades no longer do. There is some information on how to allocate to avoid those scenarios long term. Read about something called the Dragon Portfolio a while back, was interesting.

Last edited:

Sigmapocalypse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit - i kind of missed the point of the thread but ill leave this up anyway. To the origin point, money is a fake system intentionally made confusing through the financial system. Cant expect the common man to understand and see through all the lies they have been indoctrinated to believe about our financial institutions.

Hmm I dont use the term boss toward someone I am working for or with. Heirarchically I dont tend to associate with traditional terms. In my eyes:
I never have a boss. I am the boss. If I am working for someone, they are my employer. Im a hired gun. I get paid to perform a duty. And at any point in time I can decide not to stay true to those duties and leave just like my employer can terminate my contract. There is no scarcity mentality.

I approach work and jobs like any situation, just be real with people and dont put on that fake front in business or anywhere.

Anyway, don't you remember the 48 laws of power? Never outshine the master lol. Sometimes its better to pick your battles. What good is going to come from proving some boomer wrong. Is that the hill u want to die on? Arguing with this clown about the price of gold in 2002 and even making this thread just shows where your head is at. Who even cares?

You dont need to fact check every person especially the guy paying you.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I own a decent amount of physical metals but basically look at as a last line of defense and insurance for SHTF situation. Just performance it is not that great and you initially are pretty deep in the red on dealer premiums. If you own paper gold, you give up its most important properties for the SHTF situation. Anything over 10% can really handicap overall performance, personally try to keep it in the 5-10%, that also include silver and platinum.

If you are around long enough you can have major wipe out scenarios where strategies that worked for decades no longer do. There is some information on how to allocate to avoid those scenarios long term. Read about something called the Dragon Portfolio a while back, was interesting.

That’s the reason some of my fund managers hold gold - that all systems eventually become too endebted and eventually fold and that’s why you hold gold.

I don’t share the thoughts on some on the debt based system. Debt is a good thing, it makes the impossible possible and front ends things. As an example - who would save till age 65 and then buy a house when you can have use of that house for 25 years?

main issue for me is the governments debt. That’s different. That is literally the state maxing out your credit cards and not giving you a say on how it’s spent and on whom. Sadly we have what seems a generation who’ve been cucked into thinking this is a good thing.

M

member160292

Yep .308 = 7.62 x 56

remember remember the 5th of November!
Firing the 7.62 through an .308…. even though they ‘can’ be interchanged will leave your rifle barrel with a hefty toll. And no one wants our barrel to deal with potential consequences :)

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s the reason some of my fund managers hold gold - that all systems eventually become too endebted and eventually fold and that’s why you hold gold.

I don’t share the thoughts on some on the debt based system. Debt is a good thing, it makes the impossible possible and front ends things. As an example - who would save till age 65 and then buy a house when you can have use of that house for 25 years?

main issue for me is the governments debt. That’s different. That is literally the state maxing out your credit cards and not giving you a say on how it’s spent and on whom. Sadly we have what seems a generation who’ve been cucked into thinking this is a good thing.
Debt and how it us used is very nuanced. It can be a great tool if used responsibly, my personal opinion is most haven't because of the incentives created by very low interest rates the past 20yrs. Across all sectors most are way over leveraged. I have an extreme aversion to it, sometimes to my own detriment, because I saw my mom and step dad lose literally everything in 2008 because of debt. He owned a mid size construction company but also had the custom home, boats, luxury cars and expensive lifestyle. All done through debt, worked for 25ish yrs for them until it didn't. Took around 18 months to spend down all cash because of the high liabilities and all govt/public works jobs dried up for an extended period. I saw him go from the top to the bottom over a few years, by far that has to be one of my biggest fears.

Do agree, debt can be a good thing if used responsibly I would argue that most just haven't

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m a m1a1 MBR aficionado. I reload .308 Winchester aka 7.62x51 NATO they’re virtually IDENTICAL the only difference being headspace and that’s 6/1000’s of an inch - military rifles’ headspace is a little wider in order to avoid MALFs.

Anyway…

Firing the 7.62 through an .308…. even though they ‘can’ be interchanged will leave your rifle barrel with a hefty toll. And no one wants our barrel to deal with potential consequences :)