Pay for dinner, noobs

Full Moon2

Reaction score
I'm about sick of reading all these "macho" posts about letting her pay for dinner. About not paying for her time, etc. etc. Get real. A women is going to think you're a dork if you make her pay for the date and probably won't call you back You're the man, you fork over the cash, and in turn she gives you action (if you play your cards right).

And I doubt most even have the balls to not pay. So quit with the fairytales.

I swear, everything is ass backwards on this site.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sure are an idiot.

Monaco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it occasionally so that it actually means something.

If you do it all the time you have more money then brains.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
full moon (sounds romantic by the way) you do what you do and I'll do what I do. paying for dinner isn't a trade off for sex, and most women know this. I'll do it my way go and "hang out" keep my cash, keep it laid back and chill and I'll push up on her anyways!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion if you agree to go out, as the guy and as a decent human being you should offer to take the check. If girl is decent she'll either be into you or if she's not she'll offer to help. If she's not decent see "if you agree to go" above.

Simple.

PS - Can Cingular block specific text message sources? I think an EX or some friend of an EX is spamming me. Or my enormous p3nis has attracted a random slut. Make it STOP! :eek:

Jestor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Full Moon2 said:
I'm about sick of reading all these "macho" posts about letting her pay for dinner. About not paying for her time, etc. etc. Get real. A women is going to think you're a dork if you make her pay for the date and probably won't call you back You're the man, you fork over the cash, and in turn she gives you action (if you play your cards right).

And I doubt most even have the balls to not pay. So quit with the fairytales.

I swear, everything is ass backwards on this site.
If you invite her for dinner then it's proper for you to pay. This is about having class, and it equally would apply to her if she invited you out.

This doesn't mean that you should take girls to dinner, just that if you happen to, then be prepared to pay. But just know that it's preferred to not put yourself in that position when there are better alternatives like meeting for drinks.

The Librarian

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men volunteering to pay for dinner/a ticket/whatever is fine. It demonstrates that the man is a gentleman.

Women expecting a man to pay for dinner/a ticket/whatever isn't okay, unless this was previously agreed upon by both parties. It's a sign of disrespect towards the man. Similarly, a man shouldn't expect a woman to pay unless they agree on it beforehand.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's a question to all of you guys who invite women to dinner, do you guys have anything else that you could do that isn't focused around some event? How often do you do things with these women that involve the two of you, one on one, without having something else to entertain you?

My theory is that the majority of these guys follow the old, antiquated, cliche like rules of chivalry because it's within their realm of comfort even though it defies logic. These are the same guys who become frustrated that after three dates (another cliche) they haven't gotten anywhere with the woman. Is their frustration because since they've paid for something they naturally expect something in return?

Here's another thing to consider, given the idea that whoever asks pays, how often are these guys asked out by women? Of the times they are asked, how often does the women pay? I'm guessing that the few times (if any) that these guys are asked out, they still get the check. I'm guessing it's in their societal programmed nature and they can't do anything else.

It's just a theory but it does seem that these guys follow the majority of the rules that are typically challenged by guys who are comfortable bucking the system. The funny thing is that most of the rules that these guys follow can be found in this book "The Rules."

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^
True

Full moon I can tell you really don't have a understanding of how all this works so...

first of don't get me wrong there isn't nothing really wrong with Paying for dinner but then there isn't nothing right about it either. It really depends on where you're coming from.

Like you mentioned most guys are only paying because they think they'll get some ACTION. That is total BS because money has nothing to do with you getting laid. Another thing is most guys are doing this from a position of supplication, because there only doing it to try and get some ass. You want to know how you know you're supplicating? Ask yourself and be HONEST.

Would you take your guy friend out to dinner and pay for everything?

With that said if you're a high value guy and he is in his own reality the whole paying BS isn't even a question. The girl will pay because she WANTs your validation. You're high value and she knows if she screws up you could leave her and so she will pay for a lot of things as a way of satisfying you. (I knew a guy who his gf gave him 200 dollars a week)

Now when I go out to eat I either do the following:
- 50/50
- Compromise (Ex. She drives the all the venues and I pay for the night expenses)
- She pays for everything

In the case of the dinner crap it's rare that pay for the girl's dinner. Why? because going out to eat is something I actually love and I'm not going out for dinner as a way to fuk her. I'm going out because I love food and since I'm going to eat I ask if they want to tag along and try a dish they've never tasted before. Heck they can bring there friends too if they want. She isn't the focus of the night...the food is. The girl's can sense this and they never think of this as the typical bf/gf dating frame because it surely isn't.

There were times I've bought food for women though but it's not supplicating because I do the same thing with all my friends and the women know and see this. Other times I'd just do it once in awhile because I know they've bought me something in the past.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agent Zero said:
Maybe they don't want to be 39 and unmarried with 10,000+ posts on a "seduction" forum.
Hey guy's, we've got another one with post envy! Gotta love it when then can't spar intellectually and they have to stoop to this. The funny thing is that they are still lacking when they do! :crackup:

We'll be looking forward to your "Size/Looks Matters" post Mr. Zero!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Snow Plowman said:
^^^
True

Full moon I can tell you really don't have a understanding of how all this works so...

first of don't get me wrong there isn't nothing really wrong with Paying for dinner but then there isn't nothing right about it either. It really depends on where you're coming from.

Like you mentioned most guys are only paying because they think they'll get some ACTION. That is total BS because money has nothing to do with you getting laid. Another thing is most guys are doing this from a position of supplication, because there only doing it to try and get some ass. You want to know how you know you're supplicating? Ask yourself and be HONEST.

Would you take your guy friend out to dinner and pay for everything?

With that said if you're a high value guy and he is in his own reality the whole paying BS isn't even a question. The girl will pay because she WANTs your validation. You're high value and she knows if she screws up you could leave her and so she will pay for a lot of things as a way of satisfying you. (I knew a guy who his gf gave him 200 dollars a week)

Now when I go out to eat I either do the following:
- 50/50
- Compromise (Ex. She drives the all the venues and I pay for the night expenses)
- She pays for everything

In the case of the dinner crap it's rare that pay for the girl's dinner. Why? because going out to eat is something I actually love and I'm not going out for dinner as a way to fuk her. I'm going out because I love food and since I'm going to eat I ask if they want to tag along and try a dish they've never tasted before. Heck they can bring there friends too if they want. She isn't the focus of the night...the food is. The girl's can sense this and they never think of this as the typical bf/gf dating frame because it surely isn't.

There were times I've bought food for women though but it's not supplicating because I do the same thing with all my friends and the women know and see this. Other times I'd just do it once in awhile because I know they've bought me something in the past.
You obviously get it but you're describing a reality that's well beyond the comprehension of a lot of guys.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about don't take her out to dinner if you are not ready to pay. Why would any of you chumps take women to dinner on dates. The only dinner you need to be on when dating is the one she's gonna be cooking for you, and you having her as dessert after.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys, You Should Believe Everything Full Moon 2 Says, He Joined These Forums At The Most, 5 Days Ago, And This Is His Third Post, How Could He Possibly Be Wrong??:crackup:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
How about don't take her out to dinner if you are not ready to pay. Why would any of you chumps take women to dinner on dates. The only dinner you need to be on when dating is the one she's gonna be cooking for you, and you having her as dessert after.
:eek: What??!! You mean go against the norm and have the woman qualify herself by doing things that women normally "should" do??? What the hell have you been smoking???!!! ;)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
Hey Guys, You Should Believe Everything Full Moon 2 Says, He Joined These Forums At The Most, 5 Days Ago, And This Is His Third Post, How Could He Possibly Be Wrong??:crackup:
Pssstttt... I think it's another forum member incognito so as not to get flamed directly... Shhhhhh....... :whistle:

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agent Zero said:
You're 39 and unmarried. I'm just warning guys who they take advice from.
...You do know there are guys in this community who are 50+? I've actually learned from some of there lay reports.

Age doesn't mean sh!t
Marraige comes down to the person, whether thats for them or not. Honestly marraige isn't for me and marraige wouldn't fit well in my lifestyle so...I'll be 39 and unmarried.