Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

P90x

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
C'mon guys, stop ripping him up one side and down the other.

He's in the best shape of his life and loves his body.... Isn't that what we all want?

Not all of our goals are the same and, yes I too follow the path that Kerpal and Stallion are on, but if someone is putting in hard work and yielding results that they are happy with, then I'm happy for them.

What EXACTLY are you guys doing? Curious.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jon024 - I'm on a powerbuilding routine. You can see it on my page.

Last edited:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm following a routine based on the principles of Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 programming. Emphasis on compound exercises, low reps, heavy weight. I also do conditioning workouts from Ross Enamait's books.

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather than going for pretty beach muscles, the three of us do have detailed strength goals and are working towards heavy lifts rather than worrying excessively about leanness and appearance.

Strength > Hypertrophy. Size comes with strength, but we're not working out like bodybuilders exactly. As he said, powerbuilding is the best term to describe what we're doing(mix between powerlifting/bodybuilding)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't really call what I do "powerbuilding" though, because I don't do any bodybuilding stuff. Aesthetics are not really a concern for me at this point.

Last edited:

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you KSUgamer. P90x is one of the most effective programs out there at building overall athleticism, size, and losing fat. I got the dvd's off of limewire and I've given them to a few buddies. My girlfriend is doing it also. Check it out on bodybuilding.com and you'll see some amazing transformations is one month. Yeah, you'll lose strength in your big lifts INITIALLY, but when you come back you'll be much stronger. Not to mention healthier.

I know these losers had to hijack your thread instead of letting adults talk about the topic, but I've got your back on P90X.

Actually, for you haters, check out the beachbody.com forums and look at those guys transformations. Fat to lean, skinny to bulky, they've got it all.

And no, I'm not a rep, I've been a member of this board for 8 years.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Powerbuilding is a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding and it's temporary. I overall have strength goals but right now I'm working to just get the bf% down a couple notches.

TheSplat - Basically you are saying you have to lose strength to get stronger....WHAT? That makes no sense. Why do that when you can clean up your diet and keep progressing instead of losing valuable months on that program and getting weaker. It isn't optimal. That is the point. But if it gets you in the gym that's all that matters.

Show me a guy who went from 160 lbs to 230 lbs on P90x and only on P90x.

BTW...I have MY girlfriend do Carmen Electra's Strip Tease and lift heavy weights :D

Last edited:

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I really don't care if u rip into me for it. I like what I'm doing, I'm sorry if I insulted your "great understanding" of the body and what plan/religion you have to follow. Yes I am not gaining tons of mass from this work out. That's not really my goal. I'd much rather be lean and fit. Now after I complete p90x I might hit the weight room to gain some lean mass in certain areas I feel are weaker than I want.

Its working for me, I feel great about myself, I just wanted to share if anyone was interested. If you somehow feel insulted by what I have said then apparently you're not getting what you want out of your routines. Feel free to rip me up some more cuz that's what you internet freaks like to do. I'm gonna go do my work out and enjoy every minute of it...later guys.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, they do act like it's a religion huh?

Stallion, I didn't say that. I said THIS PROGRAM will add size, but you will lose strength initially. I follow a powerbuilding program also, check out ironaddict.com. But for you guys to jump on this guy for liking a different program is ridiculous.

You really want to be 230 lbs? I hope you're tall bro. I also hope you like juicin'.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSplat said:
lol, they do act like it's a religion huh?

Stallion, I didn't say that. I said THIS PROGRAM will add size, but you will lose strength initially. I follow a powerbuilding program also, check out ironaddict.com. But for you guys to jump on this guy for liking a different program is ridiculous.

You really want to be 230 lbs? I hope you're tall bro. I also hope you like juicin'.

I feel like a broken record....It's not the best program for strength and size, that is my main point. If it works for you though, keep doing it. I know IA would have something interesting to say on this manner.

seek&destroy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can confirm this program is 100% LEGIT!

I weighed 191.8lbs at the start, and after 2 months of following through I'm 19lbs lighter. I weigh 172.4lbs right now.

Mind you, I have been on a month long break from routines, and I am starting over tomorrow because I prefer to start on the first day of the week.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with itallian and kerp and quick powerbuilding is just a better way to get leaner,stronger and just overall happier with your body.

You could tailor powerbuilding to fit your needs so you wont grow super big unless you want to which most people dont seem to understand.

It seems most people ie the general populace think that if you do power building you will become this great behemoth in a month just because your using free weights it's always funny to hear...

"I dont want to get TOO big,"

lol.

p90x seems like a waste of time my cousin actually bought everything the p90x and the p90 routine and I was reading it ...

First you start to eat extremely low carbs so I suppose to burn the fat then you progress to more carbs to get bigger and you progress to bigger weights to get stronger muscles, but how are they going to get that big if you went from 15lb dumbbells to 30lb dumbbells?

Then I was watching my cousin do one workout and most if not all of it was was cardio, first 15mins of stretching then 50 mins of cardio based workouts 10 minutes of dumbbell work .....by 30 minutes I would already be busting my ass on a compound exercise working out my whole body.

KSU- Why would it be called religion if you wanted to get your body the way you want? Yes I agree that some parts of this life I have taken on are somewhat extremely annoying (eating 4/5 meals a day is extremely hard somtimes and having to keep pushing your body forward is fun but tough) . Plus you cant zone workout specific parts of your body to workout which is why it would have been better to do compound exercises so you could get a fullbody workout in less time and wouldnt feel like you are "Weak in certain parts."

Splat- I just went to the bb.com (Beach body not body buidling) and if you look at everyone they are just skinny. Yes they look good but thats because they are SKINNY not FIT, which is why they look good and you can see definition in most of the people but that doesnt change the fact that everyone is just skinny.

I agree if this is the only way people workout and do something and not be a lazy slob eating fast food every day then more power to them but i'll stick to the gym and sweat my ass off pushing my body further and further.

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, there are 12 different workouts, you probably got him on one of his resting days.

There's basically 6 resistance workouts. These workouts are performed on day 1, 3, and 5 of the week. The format of these videos has about 10 minutes of warm up and stretching (which is very important) and 5 minutes of cool down time. The rest is lifting weights/pull ups/push ups.

Your muscles need to recover which is why there are other workouts to focus on you getting fit. Plyometrics is the first one, jump-training that focuses on legs and yes it is cardiovascular but it really helps you gain strength and agility. Yoga is the second workout...this work out focuses on stretching and balance and a lot of lower body strength. This is not cardio, your heart rate is too low for it to be. Kenpo is the last one, where although it is cardio...it really works your entire body.

The meal plan specifies what you should eat. For fat loss you are supposed to eat protein and cut carbs. But there are three phases, in the last two carbs and fats are introduced to supply energy so you don't burn muscle.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So do you have to spend like 500 bucks on some adjustable dumbbells or on some a whole set of dumbbells? Or do you do this at a gym?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seek&destroy said:
I can confirm this program is 100% LEGIT!

I weighed 191.8lbs at the start, and after 2 months of following through I'm 19lbs lighter. I weigh 172.4lbs right now.

Mind you, I have been on a month long break from routines, and I am starting over tomorrow because I prefer to start on the first day of the week.
I've lost more weight with jogging, and some light weightlifting. 30lbs in a month, and it didn't cost $500.

Oh yeah, I saved money on food too cause I restricted the calories.

If you need someone to hold your hand, then go for it. But don't expect to get ripped off this or any other program. That requires dedication and no one is going to hold your hand. It's all on you to do it.

Akuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I've lost more weight with jogging, and some light weightlifting. 30lbs in a month, and it didn't cost $500.

Oh yeah, I saved money on food too cause I restricted the calories.

If you need someone to hold your hand, then go for it. But don't expect to get ripped off this or any other program. That requires dedication and no one is going to hold your hand. It's all on you to do it.
Yeah. For what it's worth, I lost 50lbs in less than 2 months doing 1 hour of jogging, 5 times a week.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Akuma said:
Yeah. For what it's worth, I lost 50lbs in less than 2 months doing 1 hour of jogging, 5 times a week.
All of this, for 5 easy payments of $0. That's right ZERO DOLLARS!

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
K guys, glad you're happy with what you're doing...I'm glad I got the dvd's. I would have spent $300 easy on them if I knew what outcome I have now. Sure is nice to be the good looking one in the crowd now!

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why dont you post pics then??? I'd like to see what a REAL p90x user's body looks like.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Why dont you post pics then??? I'd like to see what a REAL p90x user's body looks like.
No you don't. Trust me on this one.