P90x

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I wanna tell you that this workout routine is legit. If you're having a hard time motivating yourself and wanna get results fast, this is the way to go. I am in no way trying to plug this for the company. (My friend actually burned the dvd's for me haha).

I am in the best shape of my life now, and I'm only into day 50 of 90. P90x will change you forever. Just look up P90x results online. There are way too many submissions of average people for it not to be true.

P90x combines a great nutrition plan with 12 workouts that have kicked my ass all the way through and have given me some crazy results. If you want awesome abs, a huge upper body, and a lean physique you really need to try it. The key is to stick with it, motivate yourself, have a strong will (cuz its freakin hard), and eat right.

I have a body I love right now, so I feel like I need to give back to this program by promoting it through here (since i didn't really pay for it haha). I'd recommend finding a better deal through ebay or like what I did, find it through some friends.

Is anyone else doing this program? If you are I'd like to hear how its going for you guys.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KSUgamer said:
If you want awesome abs, a huge upper body, and a lean physique you really need to try it.
How much do you deadlift?

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really not quite sure. P90x does not require weights except for either a couple of dumb bells or resistance bands. Most of the workouts consist of lunges, deadlift squats, push up variations (diamond, one arm, military, clap or plyometric push ups), pull up variations, and some other very crazy sh*t. The main goal of all these different work outs are muscle confusion. Working almost every muscle in your body in many different ways so your body does not know what to expect in your next workout. This all makes for a very intense hour to an hour and a half workout every day.

The twelve discs go in a three week rotation with a recovery week in between as follows.

Chest & Back
-Lots of pull ups and push ups.
Plyometrics
-Jump training, you'll be jumping the whole time pretty much.
Shoulders and arms
-Use of dumb bells mostly along with more push ups.
Yoga
-Now I thought this was pretty weird to begin with to have in a strength training program. But this is seriously the most intense workout I've done. You are sweating you're @ss off the entire time and are being pushed to your limits. There's a lot of stretching involved which is key to get past plateaus.
Legs and back
-lunges with weight, also wall squats, and a ton of pull ups
Kenpo
-calorie burning cardio workout

That's one week, along with ab ripper x three times a week. Ab ripper x is crazy...and its not just situps, this stuff actually gets things done. I love my six pack.

So basically, p90x is about getting fit, gaining muscle. But mostly losing a ton of fat so you look ripped.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KSUgamer - how much do you weigh? What is your chest size? I am willing to bet your idea of "huge" severly misplaced. The guys I see doing this workout are usually skinny little ripped dudes at 140-150 lbs thinking they are big. Just look at the P90 videos. What a joke.

Before you say, this is the most intense workout EVAR - Try doing a Squats and milk routine for 8 weeks and get back to me. You want to put on muscle "fast", well what I recommended is an excellent way of doing it.

This is also not a good strength training program, you can only get so strong using light-to medium weighted dumbbells and body training exercises they recommend.

P90x tae-bo...what the hell is the difference? Even if you wanted to cut down to see all that muscle you gained from your hardwork of bulking, this will shred what muscle you gained to pieces from all the ridiculous high-intense cardio.

So if you are chubby and just want to lose a weight and have average strength. P90x is for you.

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok my bad guys, I guess what I meant p90x does for you is make you fit, attractive, stronger, and be in general good health. Yes I'm 150 pounds right now but I'm very lean. I do not have the frame to be a huge body-builder like you guys. I have seen plenty of gains in muscle though. If you guys wanna be freaking huge and bulky this is not the program for you.

I-tallionStallion, there are two cardio work-outs in this routine. They are less than 45 minutes long and you are encouraged to eat plenty of carbs (preferably whole grains or fruit) before and drink the recovery drink (loaded with carbs) during and after the work out. Instead of shredding muscle your body will burn the calories from the carbs. Some amounts of cardio will help you gain in your other workouts by training your body to bring nutrients to your muscles more efficiently and also get oxygen into your bloodstream.

I also meant its the most intense work out I've ever done. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I have not tried that work out and if it works for you that's great. I currently enjoy what I'm getting out of this program and am seeing plenty of results. Have you ever tried one of those video's tho? I mean I've lifted weights before...it just didn't work for me. You also can't go proclaiming this program sucks if you have never done it to its full extent.

Kerpal, listen to I-tallionStallion if u wanna be strong I guess.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said I wanted to be huge and bulky. Quite the opposite, in fact. Stallion and I have different goals.

I just think training should be about more than "ripped abs!" and looking pretty at the beach.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, high-intense cardio is not good for muscle gains. One or twice a week won't kill your all your gains depending on how great your diet is and doing some of the things u stated. Also, a workout that doesn't incorporate heavy lifting+the appropiate nutrition while cutting up will lead to a good amount of muscle loss.

There is a wealth of free knowledge spread on the internet for losing weight, and keeping muscle. But if it works for you man, and you enjoy it...all the power to you and everyone that enjoys it! I want you to keep doing it! :) It's more important that your working out and eating healthy as you stated the system helps you do. Not to mention feeling attractive for the ladies. If you want to put on muscle at somepoint, I'd look to doing something different.

BTW Kerpal doesn't need advice from me...he is already stronger than me in squats and deadlifts. Although I got him beat on his FAVORITE exercise: bench haha :D

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its definitely not all about the abs. Your chest, arms and legs will all end up chiseled believe me. The way to have ripped abs is to have a low body fat percentage. Since stomach fat is one of the last things to go, you will have a very toned upper body and lower body. Yes you wont have quite as much muscle, you'll have more than average people though, and that muscle will pop out and be very noticeable.

I think there are lots of different body-types people want. P90x is for people who want all around fitness and low body fat. I'm beginning to see that most people here want huge arms and a ton of mass on their body, which is fine...you just have to plan out you workouts differently and concentrate on other things.

I think once I get done with the program, in four weeks I'll post pictures to show how much muscle I do actually have and that'll let people get a better feel for what you get out of it.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KSUgamer said:
Guys I wanna tell you that this workout routine is legit. If you're having a hard time motivating yourself and wanna get results fast, this is the way to go.

Sounds like a pitch to me

I am in no way trying to plug this for the company. (My friend actually burned the dvd's for me haha).

You sure? Sounds like your trying to "convince us"

I am in the best shape of my life now, and I'm only into day 50 of 90. P90x will change you forever. Just look up P90x results online. There are way too many submissions of average people for it not to be true.

Sounding very pitchy man

P90x combines a great nutrition plan with 12 workouts that have kicked my ass all the way through and have given me some crazy results. If you want awesome abs, a huge upper body, and a lean physique you really need to try it.

No that's not how you achieve what you described above, Px90 doesn't do that

The key is to stick with it, motivate yourself, have a strong will (cuz its freakin hard), and eat right.

Isn't that assumed? To be successful with any program you need to be motivated, stick to it and eat right, so why not take those success habits to training that'll actually have you reach your goals?

I have a body I love right now, so I feel like I need to give back to this program by promoting it through here (since i didn't really pay for it haha). I'd recommend finding a better deal through ebay or like what I did, find it through some friends.

Is anyone else doing this program? If you are I'd like to hear how its going for you guys.
Remember this guys

sales man like talk+ fast results (implying lean built body)+"New training ideas and nutrition ideas sometimes even secret" +Cool sounding name+Optional Celeb that uses it+some testimonials from people that didn't use the product to get there results= Px90 (or whatever BS misleading program/supplement out there)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
BTW Kerpal doesn't need advice from me...he is already stronger than me in squats and deadlifts. Although I got him beat on his FAVORITE exercise: bench haha :D
:cuss: :crackup:

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently P90X is actually legit. It definitely comes across like a scam but there are just too many people who have used it with success for it to be fake.

My roommate was around 5'9", 170lbs, 8-10% bf and he tried it for a bit thinking it would get him bigger (why he would stop doing what got him from 130 to 170 I have no idea) and he lost about 10lbs before he stopped, some was fat but it looked like he mostly just lost muscle.

It all depends on your goals though. I've seen some of the videos and I think it's good for out-of-shape guys who just want to drop some fat and look good at the beach, but I think skinny guys who want to get bigger wouldn't benefit from this.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did the p90 thing a couple times. You get motivational-sounding audio that has you do lots of punching/kicking, jumping, and various forms of rolling around on the ground for x number of minutes.

It's a strenuous cardiovascular workout, nothing more and nothing less. Personally, I'm content with more conventional forms of exercise that don't require you to directly shell out money...

KSUgamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh*t guys, I was just suggesting a program that has worked for me. I personally like being lean. This program will not shrink your muscles if you use it the way you want it. If you wanna gain mass they tell you to use heavy weights and low reps. Anyways, I like it.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well thats too bad ksugamer, you blew it and everyone hates you now.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KSUgamer the main issue is making a salesman sounding post that felt as if you were trying to convince people to use a system that they know won't help reach there goals.

Saying stuff like this "If you wanna gain mass they tell you to use heavy weights and low reps." its basically an insult to the intelligence of the regular posters and not so regular posters on here since its such a wrong statement in the context that you would have to basically think were fools to believe it.....or your really that uninformed on the topic and shouldn't be making post giving people advice like that.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C'mon guys, stop ripping him up one side and down the other.

He's in the best shape of his life and loves his body.... Isn't that what we all want?

Not all of our goals are the same and, yes I too follow the path that Kerpal and Stallion are on, but if someone is putting in hard work and yielding results that they are happy with, then I'm happy for them.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to know what else works for losing fat?

Anything.

Basketball, biking, some full contact hockey, even making breakfast if you do it intensely enough. If you're working your hard and sweating you're burning energy.

You don't need some P3000XYZ program. It's a bunch of BS. Just get off your fat ass and make some effort.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KSUgamer said:
Sh*t guys, I was just suggesting a program that has worked for me. I personally like being lean. This program will not shrink your muscles if you use it the way you want it. If you wanna gain mass they tell you to use heavy weights and low reps. Anyways, I like it.

That is fine and all but that's not what you said. You said:

If you want awesome abs, a huge upper body, and a lean physique you really need to try it.