Opinions on non-Brand Name Polos

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I was going thrifting the other day, and I found some Polos that look really good on my skin. But they’re not brand name Polo Ralph Lauren or anything. They’re just like Chaps and other brands that I’ve never heard of. Should I still rock them?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Brand names don’t mean jack and usually a way to over pay if not on a great sale. You don’t need to be a walking advertisement for a brand…
Wear polos that you feel and look your best in that suit your needs. I prefer airflux pga with a barely recognizable brand on them simply because I prefer them for warm climate comfort and looks, not the brand.

Last edited:

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was about to say, I don't really give a crap about brands in general. I find it absolutely mind-blowing that people will spend £1000 on a £5 pair of trainers because they have a gold tick on them or whatever.

The thing I've found most awesome in second hand stores is leather jackets. You can pick up a leather jacket that would cost you £200-300 new (or even more) for like £15. And they're usually in excellent condition too, because they don't wear much and can be restored fully with a little bit of effort anyway.

I've got a badass black leather jacket I got used and I usually combine it with a snug-fitting t-shirt underneath, gives me a muscular "biker" look that I personally dig. Combine it with shades and you'll have people literally commenting that you have "style". I think because it's a strong masculine look and people are so used to bearded skinny hipsters wearing denim it really makes an impact.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I was about to say, I don't really give a crap about brands in general. I find it absolutely mind-blowing that people will spend £1000 on a £5 pair of trainers because they have a gold tick on them or whatever.

The thing I've found most awesome in second hand stores is leather jackets. You can pick up a leather jacket that would cost you £200-300 new (or even more) for like £15. And they're usually in excellent condition too, because they don't wear much and can be restored fully with a little bit of effort anyway.

I've got a badass black leather jacket I got used and I usually combine it with a snug-fitting t-shirt underneath, gives me a muscular "biker" look that I personally dig. Combine it with shades and you'll have people literally commenting that you have "style". I think because it's a strong masculine look and people are so used to bearded skinny hipsters wearing denim it really makes an impact.
Yes, clothing looks for a bargain are in large supply out there, but ultimately it’s the man inside them that makes the impression count.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, clothing looks for a bargain are in large supply out there, but ultimately it’s the man inside them that makes the impression count.
Most definitely. Nice clothes can definitely help that confidence tho. That’s why I love thrifting so much

ethanscott

Reaction score
So I was going thrifting the other day, and I found some Polos that look really good on my skin. But they’re not brand name Polo Ralph Lauren or anything. They’re just like Chaps and other brands that I’ve never heard of. Should I still rock them?
If it suits you, why not?