"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Operation Autopilot: Phase I

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
1,386
Reaction score
17
Location
Here
OPERATION AUTOPILOT: PHASE I


PHILOSOPHY:

"In the Orient young bulls are tested for the
fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to
the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks
them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then
rated with care according to the number of times
he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite
of the sting of the blade. Henceforth will I recog-
nize that each day I am tested by life in like
manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I
continue to charge forward, I will succeed."

- Og Mandino

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:

To establish an "Autopilot" habit of approaching every desirable target regardless of all circumstances. These include, but aren't limited to: your mood, presumed target mood, lack of signs of interest, lack of "opportunity," distance to target, target being occupied, presence of friends or possible boyfriend, etc.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVES:

- increased confidence in one's abilities
- feeling of superiority over competition
- valuable practice with all stages of cold approaches
- phone numbers and any resulting benefits

DESCRIPTION:

In Phase I of Operation Autopilot, me and my wingman will do absolutely everything in our power, with no exceptions and regardless of circumstances, to approach the highest number of targets continuously for at least two hours. Approaches are to be performed on the street while going to the mall, at the mall, and on the way back.

TARGETS:

Girls 7.5 and up, over the age of 17, predominantly Asian. Sets of one to infinity, including mixed sets. There are no exceptions to this rule and all targets meeting above requirements must be approached.

STYLE:

Initially, short "throwaway" approaches may need to be performed as a warmup. The length, energy level and enjoyability of approaches will gradually increase. Approaches may become more relaxed and laid-back towards the end of the mission as we cool down and experiment with mixed interest and give/take attention techniques.



STATUS: COMING UP ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 2004
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
I know this wasn't advice of any sort, but it got me thinkin' about my approaches and "missed" opportunities.

Today I backed down from getting a girl's number because she was on a cell phone.

Before that, I missed a girl's number because she was with all of her friends.

APPROACH AND CLOSE IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!
 
Top