Opening my mind.

wanderwithwe

Reaction score
wander with me
my brother he says:
"do you understand the nature of women?"
We laugh and we joke
he's watching me.
He's listening to what I am saying intently. He is my brother and I know him well. After all, I generally do not ask such a question if I don't have something to say. this isn't just some guy I'm yukin' it up with about women at work.
i have been struggling! I have been so confused and lost.
i have been attempting to put myself first recently with a recovery program. It put me, after about 3 months of working with this in my life, in a state of open mindedness to experiment with the potential usefulness of these mental exercises.
You know totally lame stuff like:
POSITIVE THINKING (I am a being of light moving matter, etc)
MANAGING YOUR TIME (weekly schedule)
FILL ALL OF YOUR TIME 4 categories (recovery, mind, body, spirit)
SET GOALS (to get the natural high that comes from obtaining milestones)
MEDITATION! (fkn hippies right!?)
Well being sober put me back in the way of trying to figure everything out. Something has been bothering me about this whole thing and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It all seems so good... I didn't get a lot of help early on and as a result am more a product of my dysfunctional upbringing than of my environment, which I have been suspicious (to the point of excessive self destruction) about since I could start reading books.

My brother then cracks this joke about the matrix.
Then he asks me seriously if I want the red pill or the blue pill.
after some questioning he says it's too much information to keep talking about and that I need to read a book. "The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassi.
He fly's home that is far away and I buy this book and read it.

Erghm!

In a week.

It was a very upsetting week.

I can usually read things that interest me that much a lot faster, however, some of the concepts presented took time to process requiring me to re-read paragraphs many times before I could really understand and spend time defining new vocabulary terms. (Most notably Hypergamy)
It is a challenging book. It is the reason I'm making this post right now! A lot of the research done for these concepts was developed right here.
I promised myself I wouldn't join this community until I finished with a decent understanding of just the implications of this information.
True understanding began bringing forth strong resentment. It also helped me finally forgive my mother. It spoke to me in a way I have rarely been spoken to and it was the way a man speaks to another man with passion and love.
All the warnings in the world can not prepare you for how you eventually have to cope with it. I'm just going to say that to start.

Among other things I am excited to introduce myself! I am still a little bit sick you see... from the experience. Still sorting through a lot of the information, making the connections for myself. Experimentation has produced immediate results for me. I've never been the average Joe and embracing that has provoked female attention throughout my entire life. I never expected to need game or even considered it all that much. As I am I've even had the need to figure out ways to reject women. It always troubled me that these types of girls would persist. Lot's of things about what's up used to bother me because I couldn't understand. Some things still do even though I understand.
It's MEN that have what I have been seeking for in women all along. This is how twisted my mind was up in it. Society has been whipping me like a runaway and I didn't even know it. Pardon the grotesque analogy, but it really defines the state of offence I am dealing with.
As I walk about life it's women who are the first to ask of my furrowed brow: "Tell me your feelings." and now I finally know they can never understand!
As I suspected only other Men can validate my passion. You know what it's like to be a man like me.
The book accuses me of being enviable! 35, no kids, single. I'll agree and add it also bestows upon me the need to clearly define the responsibility that comes with discovering this power.
It's a weird time to discover and understand something like this in my position!
I'm still reeling internally but I thought it prudent to speak up that we may celebrate another brother. For better or for worse I have found my purpose.
Thank you for your insight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you think things like Positive Thinking, Managing your time, setting goals and meditation are lame then I feel bad for you. 3 of those 4 are pretty much pillars that successful people use to become successful and maintain success and the other(meditation) helps tremendously with calming, focus and mindfulness.

Nothing lame about any of those. I suggest you adjust your thinking.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds like you're on the right track. Anytime we are unsatisfied with a situation we have two choices. We can either continue the familiar and remain stuck in some unhealthy loop... or we can try on different hats and see how they fit.

You'll discover a few naysayers among this forum, but the bottom line is discovering what works for you. As long as it's a new healthy pattern and helps you to achieve positive results, I say that this is great.

wanderwithwe

Reaction score
That was my thinking going into the program. I've since been using the suggestions producing amazing results!
It's humiliating to realize that I've been acting like a little boy expecting a man's helping at the table.
Good catch, I did forget to mention my application of these techniques. It's been a rather dramatic 3 months shift in my mentality.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was my thinking going into the program. I've since been using the suggestions producing amazing results!
It's humiliating to realize that I've been acting like a little boy expecting a man's helping at the table.
Good catch, I did forget to mention my application of these techniques. It's been a rather dramatic 3 months shift in my mentality.
Throughout life, we're all going to experience mistakes. The key is learning and growing from these mistakes. The more knowledge and self-growth that we can experience, the fewer mistakes will occur.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Well look on the bright side........at least you've come to the realization that you needed your mind to be opened/changed.

Some men are older than you,and have yet to come to this realization yet.

It's been a rather dramatic 3 months shift in my mentality.
It took me a year and a half. I didn't have the advantages you do. You have this forum,your brother,etc,etc.

I didn't even know this forum existed back then. And even if I had known,it wouldn't have mattered....I didn't have internet,or a computer.

I went through this back in the late 90s/early 2000s. No internet back then. I had to get in my car and drive to a book/video store called "Hastings". I'd go there,go to the dating/psychology section and read a little of the books there. I ended up getting several books,but the one that broke everything wide open for me was one called "How to Succeed with Women". That one book....more than any book before (OR SINCE) blew my world apart. Everything after that was just icing on the cake. The second most helpful book to me was "Mystery Method".

I actually had to STOP dating (or trying to date) while I went through the process. I couldn't deal with all the drama and BS associated with women and dating, AND renew my thinking at the same time. I tried to,it just didn't work. I liken it to basic training for the military.....

You need to do basic training FIRST.........BEFORE getting sent off into battle. Trying to learn basics while in the middle of an actual battle,with bombs going off all around you,bullets whizzing by your head is ridiculous. But you seem to be in good hands,with your brother,the books he recommended,and this forum.

Good luck on your journey.