"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Ooops, I did it again...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
From my own dating experiences, I'm here to say that a PhD doesn't mean squat about intelligence.
I agree. I've dated many with various degrees and job titles and those don't affect me. My example just happened to be tied to my recent dates I've had. But I've caught myself in deep conversations with various gals from unemployed to CEO's.
I've found that women generally only possess some but not all these:
1. Book Smart
2. Street Smart
3. Relationship Smart
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Igetit!

Moderator
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
2,881
Reaction score
929
Location
The United State of Texas
It's interesting that you see deep conversations as a pvssy drier man! You were probably fine! I guess it depends what topic and how deep you go... but I LIVE for those conversations, hell, even on the first date if the woman is willing to share. Treating it like an interview, I'll just start asking her questions about her life (listening 90% of the time) and branch off from there. If she takes it to that point, I'll dig a little deeper. I think if you gradually do it and she seems fully comfortable disclosing things, it could work in your favor.

Ex.)

ME: "So, tell me about your parents?"

HER: "Well, my mom live in blah blah blah and does xyz and my dad lives in blah blah blah and does abc."

ME: "Oh, I see! So you're parents are divorced huh? Mine too. I feel ya. How old were you when they split up?"

HER: "I was blah blah blah..."

ME: "Wow, that sounds really tough. And do they ever have interact much now, or they never really see one another since you and your siblings are all older?"

HER: (Insert long conversation here).


Haha. you get the point.

Ok,uhh......but what's the end result of you doing this? Cause when I take a girl out,while I'm out on the date,it's my life's MISSION......the ONLY REASON I EXIST ON EARTH........in THAT MOMENT...is to NOT have conversations like that. The same way everybody's wearing masks,social distancing,washing their hands 300 times a day trying to avoid covid....that's how I am with trying to avoid discussion like that.

It's ok to do SOME of it AFTER attraction has been established,but if you lead off with that,(at least with my experiences),it's Friendzone City.


This girl I just went out with recently couldn't STOP talking about her life and was voluntarily telling me all types of wild **** (dad was a drug dealer and is dead now, mom had her own issues, something with her sibling, etc.). This girl couldn't wait to sit down and talk my ear off and share her life because women love to talk. If you listen, they'll fill in the gap no matter how deep the topic - I truly believe this!
My issue with this is,it seems more like a therapy session than a date. Seems like she spent more time unburdening herself than feeling any type of attraction or chemistry......WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT of the date.

My personal experience has been....if you let the girl lead the date,lead in conversation,she's likely to lead the date right into the ditch.......then turn around and blame YOU for the date not working out cause she didn't "feel anything". I generally will hold the frame when it comes to what topics to discuss. Even if I let her talk,I'll take tidbits of what she said and steer it back to the sexual realm.

No....I've been friendzoned waaay too many times to allow the girl to lead.

But hey......if this type of method works for you,maybe you can give us a few pointers. I'm curiuos to know how it worked out with the girl.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
It's ok to do SOME of it AFTER attraction has been established,but if you lead off with that,(at least with my experiences),it's Friendzone City.

My issue with this is,it seems more like a therapy session than a date. Seems like she spent more time unburdening herself than feeling any type of attraction or chemistry......WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT of the date.
This has been my experience and I agree too.
 
Top