Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online Profile Review

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is my profile: too long, too serious, not ****y enough?
What I can improve? Are the pics there .. too good?

Please review my online profile on match.com
Username: sjust_me

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
Why don't you just copy and paste it here?
Sure, please review my profile:

"My Bits and Pieces"

I'll give you not very positive bits first, if you get through them you'll remember the good bits! I can "sing" in a bathroom (no, I don't do karaoke while taking a shower) I am not a good cook especially without a book, I am not a big fan of tv+sports+beer combination. That's as much as I'm giving away right now. The good bits: well I am honest, I could be witty, I think differently. I've got hazel green eyes and an inquisitive mind. I love art, I can draw anything but you would be laughing too hard at it. I have tried mountain climbing and I love the feeling of touching the earth. I grew up in Europe and have an accent, but I do not sound like James Bond or Terminator. I like dogs more than cats, cats more than mice. I favor wine over beer and dislike pop. I love thinking and having a good conversation. I have a psychology related hobby: figuring out what makes people tick, how about you?

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77

"My Bits and Pieces"

I'll give you not very positive bits first, if you get through them you'll remember the good bits! I can "sing" in a bathroom (no, I don't do karaoke while taking a shower) I am not a good cook especially without a book, I am not a big fan of tv+sports+beer combination. That's as much as I'm giving away right now. The good bits: well I am honest, I could be witty, I think differently. I've got hazel green eyes and an inquisitive mind. I love art, I can draw anything but you would be laughing too hard at it. I have tried mountain climbing and I love the feeling of touching the earth. I grew up in Europe and have an accent, but I do not sound like James Bond or Terminator. I like dogs more than cats, cats more than mice. I favor wine over beer and dislike pop. I love thinking and having a good conversation. I have a psychology related hobby: figuring out what makes people tick, how about you?
I would chuck your whole profile and start again. No woman is looking for bits and pieces in any man. They want the whole package and you'll need to represent yourself as such if you want any success.

You'll need to be bolder, more confident, and funnier. I would stay away from discussing anything you dislike. Instead, bring out your passions and be original. If I were you, I'd play up your european background and talk about where you've been (women love a well traveled man). Convey a looser approach. Expand upon your "touching the earth" reference. Then target women that have similar interests.

Good Luck.

negativefcf

Banned
Reaction score
Weak. Sorry.

"My Bits and Pieces"

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by negativefcf
Weak. Sorry.
ha, ha... sometimes honesty when short and sweet is hilarious.

al77,
you are going to improve immensely here. your profile is pure AFC and can only change for the better. keep working.

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mister Big
You'll need to be bolder, more confident, and funnier. I would stay away from discussing anything you dislike. Instead, bring out your passions and be original.
All sound good. Can anyone provide more specifics on how to implement in an ad these great qualities?

We all know that: be funny, be fonfident, be original.. but it would be really helpful to provide some tips on how to convey that in the profile.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when rewriting, ask yourself this:

what is it about you and your personal that would compel a woman to hit that reply button?

all without lying or misleading.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
when rewriting, ask yourself this:
what is it about you and your personal that would compel a woman to hit that reply button?
How can anyone answer that? We look at profiles from our male perspective...Sure thing for women: a great pic, $$ or hint on $$ and c&f. I dont have $$ so it all boils down to c&f.
Do you agree?

The problem with this approach is that I personally don't care how c&f my profile is...if I were a woman I would not I respond to c&f?? I have no answer, it doesn't make sense to me: want funny, look at Jay Leno's show.. want ****y: talk to some arrogant dudes... so I cannot understand how women think withotu some additional reading. But even after I have read lots of stuff, all I know is women want c&f, confident guys.
But that knowledge does help to answer your question: I cannot judge if the profile is compelling...I could say if it is c&f though it would not make it compelling from my point of view.

Conclusion: should I just go for c&f profile and forget about eveything else?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can anyone answer that? We look at profiles from our male perspective...Sure thing for women: a great pic, $$ or hint on $$ and c&f. I dont have $$ so it all boils down to c&f.
Do you agree?

The problem with this approach is that I personally don't care how c&f my profile is...if I were a woman I would not I respond to c&f?? I have no answer, it doesn't make sense to me: want funny, look at Jay Leno's show.. want ****y: talk to some arrogant dudes... so I cannot understand how women think withotu some additional reading. But even after I have read lots of stuff, all I know is women want c&f, confident guys.
But that knowledge does help to answer your question: I cannot judge if the profile is compelling...I could say if it is c&f though it would not make it compelling from my point of view.

Conclusion: should I just go for c&f profile and forget about eveything else?
from this and your other posts, you are too fixated on $$$--that is, that you need to project a lot of it to bag a chick. chicks like successful guys, no doubt. but it's not the $$$ per se, but the man who got himself into that position. aside from modest dinners, i don't spend jack on chicks. so, i'm on equal par with a guy who makes 30k a year, aren't i?

you shouldn't go for C&F if it isn't your style. you'll be figured out PDQ, and won't get a second date.

what is compelling to a woman? interesting, secure, confident, humorous, good looking, going somewhere in life, and doesn't NEED women, but WANTS them. that pretty much sums it up. all within the context of how YOU feel about these things. play your strengths...so again,

What Is Compelling About YOU? good.

vs.

What Do I Think She Will Think, Is Compelling About You? bad.

this is an advertisement. sell yourself, sell your world, invite her into it, with your own style. if a particular chick or group of chicks doesn't care for what you have to sell, you don't want to waste your time with her anyway.

for example, some don't care for the "rebel" or the ****y or even the "exciting" and would prefer a home-body. if you try to sell yourself as the ****y type, well...you are merely substituting one group of chicks who like that, for another group who doesn't. worse still, it's the wrong group you are targeting if you are not in fact the ****y type.

bottom line: it isn't about HER, it's about YOU. you'll be getting into dangerous territory if you write a personal, based upon what YOU think women want. that is the main problem that guys have.

here is your original personal ad, and a quick re-write if i may...

original:

----

----

too negative. it's like Ford saying, "Fords are so great, but they're cr@ppy too...but you should buy one anyway!"

your first sentance, screams, "go away".

too AFC. in that you are saying, "that's all i'm giving away right now", but then you go on and give away a bunch of stuff.

too UNFUNNY. it's obvious that you are trying to project some humor, which is good, but to me it's not coming off that way.

too BORING. you are BORING! (projecting it).

re-write...just off the top of my head, literally two minute re-write, and projecting positivity. i don't know you from Adam, but i'll take what you said as true, and just pluck some things and put the "right" spin on it.

----

I prefer museum-hopping, good food, excellent grape juice, new experiences, and witty dialog over the TV + sports + beer, vibe. Although...I know what the goal posts are, and I do have a few Newcastles in the fridge.

I grew up in Europe [insert specifcs] and am fluent in [language(s)]. I have smoldering hazel green eyes and an accent that can melt steel. Well, maybe butter.

I love to travel. My favorite place is [insert exotic destination, and why].

Care to join me?

----

i'm not claiming that my version will get you chicks. but my re-write is definitely more "attractive", and perhaps even more accurate?

it's a better vibe isn't it? more compelling?

"Care to join me?"...Marketing 101---A Call To Action. put whatever you feel is best.

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are too fixated on $$$--aside from modest dinners, i don't spend jack on chicks. so, i'm on equal par with a guy who makes 30k a year, aren't i?

you shouldn't go for C&F if it isn't your style. you'll be figured out PDQ, and won't get a second date.
----

----

too negative. it's like Ford saying, "Fords are so great, but they're cr@ppy too...but you should buy one anyway!"

too AFC. in that you are saying, "that's all i'm giving away right now", but then you go on and give away a bunch of stuff.

too BORING. you are BORING! (projecting it).

re-write...just off the top of my head, literally two minute re-write, and projecting positivity. i don't know you from Adam, but i'll take what you said as true, and just pluck some things and put the "right" spin on it.

----

I prefer museum-hopping, good food, excellent grape juice, new experiences, and witty dialog over the TV + sports + beer, vibe. Although...I know what the goal posts are, and I do have a few Newcastles in the fridge.
I grew up in Europe [insert specifcs] and am fluent in [language(s)]. I have smoldering hazel green eyes and an accent that can melt steel. Well, maybe butter.
I love to travel. My favorite place is [insert exotic destination, and why]. Care to join me?

----
i'm not claiming that my version will get you chicks. but my re-write is definitely more "attractive", and perhaps even more accurate?
Thanks for the new ad. Let me try to figure out what messages it conveys:
1. a simple guy, who do not like to think or write much. (May it is attractive to women? I dont know)
2. a guy who LOVES beer (I dont like it at all, in fact I dont like drinking)
3. while it seems short and "energetic" it conveys "hey I am average american guy who loves beer, travelling and good food. wanna join?"
Iis it that great to convey "hey I am as all other guys ..."?
4. The celar advantages are: it is very short, and easy to read, has some humor.

I cannot get this frame of mind:
" What Is Compelling About YOU? good.
vs.
What Do I Think She Will Think, Is Compelling About You? bad."

What is compelleing about me.. for whom? for me? or you? for her? there is nothing compelling about me without a point of reference.

About inital ad:
I wonder where did you see any negativitie in my initial ad? Just cursious.

"that's all i'm giving away right now" I refered to not positive bits.
Well.. yeah, it could be better

Boring? I talk about myself, my personality... nto about some action interests (which I dont have anyway: I dont bike, travel or drink beer ... so I thought I might as well talk about my personality which is quite different from that of "average Joe")
There is no doubt, there are 1000s woman who want that average Joe. with his beer\travelling sports hobbies..but thats just not me. Is it really that boring to talk about personility instead of superficial interests which she doesn't care about anyway?

I agree 100% on $$$ - you dont have to have it or spend it. You just have to mention "generous ...good stable job" idea.

Anyway, here is the dilemma: I am not c&f, so if I dont write a c&f profile I dont get reposnses... hmmm??? I tried to convey my personality, it appear boring, ok, should I start tarvelling more and drink beer or just re-wriet it in c&f?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the new ad. Let me try to figure out what messages it conveys:
1. a simple guy, who do not like to think or write much. (May it is attractive to women? I dont know)
2. a guy who LOVES beer (I dont like it at all, in fact I dont like drinking)
3. while it seems short and "energetic" it conveys "hey I am average american guy who loves beer, travelling and good food. wanna join?"
Iis it that great to convey "hey I am as all other guys ..."?
4. The celar advantages are: it is very short, and easy to read, has some humor.

I cannot get this frame of mind:
" What Is Compelling About YOU? good.
vs.
What Do I Think She Will Think, Is Compelling About You? bad."

What is compelleing about me.. for whom? for me? or you? for her? there is nothing compelling about me without a point of reference.

About inital ad:
I wonder where did you see any negativitie in my initial ad? Just cursious.

"that's all i'm giving away right now" I refered to not positive bits.
Well.. yeah, it could be better

Boring? I talk about myself, my personality... nto about some action interests (which I dont have anyway: I dont bike, travel or drink beer ... so I thought I might as well talk about my personality which is quite different from that of "average Joe")
There is no doubt, there are 1000s woman who want that average Joe. with his beer\travelling sports hobbies..but thats just not me. Is it really that boring to talk about personility instead of superficial interests which she doesn't care about anyway?

I agree 100% on $$$ - you dont have to have it or spend it. You just have to mention "generous ...good stable job" idea.

Anyway, here is the dilemma: I am not c&f, so if I dont write a c&f profile I dont get reposnses... hmmm??? I tried to convey my personality, it appear boring, ok, should I start tarvelling more and drink beer or just re-wriet it in c&f?
okay, you're not getting it at all.

It's: What Do You Think Is Compelling About You!

then SELL IT! forget about what you think a particular chick thinks or wants. you'll spin your wheels forever.

your points 1-3: my re-write suggests nothing of the kind. never did i suggest you LOVE beer, or that you're the Average Joe, or that you are a neadertal.

where in your original ad did i see negativity? uh...everywhere!

again, i don't know who you are. i just took some things that you mentioned and put a postitive spin on it. if you are in fact boring, you can rewrite your ad and put a positive, more compelling spin on it....

"i love to stay home and lay on my comfy sofa, watch some funny TV shows, and munch on a big bag of those delicious Cheetos, whilst snuggling up with a sweetie pie. hey, if you don't like Cheeto-Breath, it's just not going to work out"

if you are not c&f, don't try to project it. if you want to convey your personality, do it. just convey it with positivity.

"i love to do this...it's so fun doing that...it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when i'm on top of that mountain i've just conquered...i love to draw things, so watch out Picasso"

you are too focused on what you think women want, rather than focusing on who you are, and how you should be conveying who you are in a positive light.

the whole point is that your original ad says, "GO AWAY"!

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
where in there did i say you LOVE beer.
no where did i suggest that you are an average guy who doesn't "think". in fact the opposite--you enjoy museums (from your art reference), good wine, good food (again from your hints in the original).

where in your original ad did i see negativity? uh...everywhere!

again, your original ad says, "GO AWAY"!
"I do have a few Newcastles in the fridge" - doesnt it convey "I love beer"? What else it can convey?

A guy who just love "travelling, good food, and possible beer" without expressin some thoughts in a short profile may qualify for being an average. At least in some sense.
There are so many guys who says I love: travelling, dinning out, museums..." thats a very popular line.. too popular to be at least original conceptually speaking. I thought I should stay way from it.

Do you mind showing that negativity in the ad? I cannot not see it at all... "I dislike pop", this is the only piece I see... and is it really negative?
I mean can you just quickly point out where my initial ad was negative - words\phrases? I just want to undersatdn the concept by this example...you know it is hard to figure it out if you say "everywhere".

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I do have a few Newcastles in the fridge" - doesnt it convey "I love beer"? What else it can convey?

A guy who just love "travelling, good food, and possible beer" without expressin some thoughts in a short profile may qualify for being an average. At least in some sense.
There are so many guys who says I love: travelling, dinning out, museums..." thats a very popular line.. too popular to be at least original conceptually speaking. I thought I should stay way from it.

Do you mind showing that negativity in the ad? I cannot not see it at all... "I dislike pop", this is the only piece I see... and is it really negative?
I mean can you just quickly point out where my initial ad was negative - words\phrases? I just want to undersatdn the concept by this example...you know it is hard to figure it out if you say "everywhere".
your first line,

"I'll give you not very positive bits first, if you get through them you'll remember the good bits!"

sets the tone for the entire ad.

"not very positive bits" = very negative.

"if you get through them" = golly...i have all of these negative points, but please read on and like me anyway...PLEEEEAZE!

"you'll remember the good bits" = nope, she'll remember the negative vibe, trust me.

the rest of your ad reinforces the first line. very clear to me.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your first line,

"I'll give you not very positive bits first, if you get through them you'll remember the good bits!"

sets the tone for the entire ad.

"not very positive bits" = very negative.

"if you get through them" = golly...i have all of these negative points, but please read on and like me anyway...PLEEEEAZE!

"you'll remember the good bits" = nope, she'll remember the negative vibe, trust me.

the rest of your ad reinforces the first line. very clear to me.
thanks for the specifics. I'll revamp it.
It turns out.. any sign of doubts, anything even very remotely negative will turn into very negative. Hm.

ok, I said "not positive bits" and provided somehting which is not negative... it doesn't count, still it will be perceived as negative only cuz I said "It is not positive"?

Confident man nevers talks about "not positive things"? never admit he has somehting which is not positive?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

thanks for the specifics. I'll revamp it.
It turns out.. any sign of doubts, anything even very remotely negative will turn into very negative. Hm.

forget about the negative stuff, or not positive stuff. it's none of her business at this point. besides chicks know that there are negative aspects to a person once you get to know them.

ok, I said "not positive bits" and provided somehting which is not negative... it doesn't count, still it will be perceived as negative only cuz I said "It is not positive"?

you are obsessed with this, lol. make a list of the positive things about yourself, the things you like (LOVE). instead of saying "i dislike pop" say instead, "i love 2pac". SELL IT.

Confident man nevers talks about "not positive things"? never admit he has somehting which is not positive?

you are obsessed! on the contrary however, a confident man knows his weaknesses, and/or his dislikes. however, let her figure that out once you meet her.

the whole point of a personal is to get a meeting. that' s it. only after that meeting will you/she know if you wish to pursue it. the whole point of an advertisement is to get you to make that phone call.

and all without lying or misrepresenting.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how about this...i took everything you said in the original ad, and just changed some wording...

original

re-write while retaining everything you said:

I don't do karaoke, but i'm a damn good singer--in the shower! I can cook, provided I have a cookbook handy. Not a big fan of tv+sports+beer combo, but rather, inquisitive dialog while sipping a good glass of [Cabernet]. I love art, and occasionally doodle naked women on a napkin. [Classical] is better than Pop. Dogs are better than cats. Cats are better than mice.

I am an honest and witty chap who grew up in Europe--smoldering hazel green eyes and an accent that can melt room-temperature butter.

Been doing some mountain climbing recently and love the feeling of being on top of the earth. Come along and see for yourself!

Happy thoughts, excellent conversation, great times. This is me.

Who are you?

first guy: negative, unconfident, unfunny, and boring

second guy: positive, confident, light humor, and not-so-boring

which one is more compelling? attractive? this IS you isn't it?

all without being arrogant, ****y, or Jay Leno, or Average Joe. or showing $$$ signs.

Last edited:

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do karaoke, but i'm a damn good singer--in the shower! I can cook, provided I have a cookbook handy. Not a big fan of tv+sports+beer combo, but rather, inquisitive dialog while sipping a good glass of Cabernet. I love art, and occasionally doodle naked women on a napkin. Classical is better than Pop. Dogs are better than cats. Cats are better than mice.

I am an honest and witty chap who grew up in Europe--smoldering hazel green eyes and an accent that can melt butter. Been doing some mountain climbing recently and love the feeling of being on top of the earth.
Happy thoughts, excellent conversation, great times. This is me.
Who are you?

which one is more compelling? attractive? [/B]
Yeah, that it! "naked women" is sort of a very bold image for me to put in an ad, though, besides it I'd plagiarize and post it.
By the way have you read anythign about online ad...
does that profile writing skill just came naturally to you?

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that it! "naked women" is sort of a very bold image for me to put in an ad, though, besides it I'd plagiarize and post it.
By the way have you read anythign about online ad... it that skill just came naturally to you?
i'm a salesman! big-time corp finance stuff. but picking up chicks and picking up clients is the same dynamic. you have to project what you're selling in the proper light--THEN you have to deliver the goods. there are no lies on this last re-write, just making it look more attractive.

but that last re-write was just a rewording of what YOU said in your original. you can make it a lot better.

nevertheless, i'll bet you will get double the replies. plagerize away.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm a salesman! big-time corp finance stuff. but picking up chicks and picking up clients is the same dynamic. you have to project what you're selling in the proper light--THEN you have to deliver the goods. there are no lies on this last re-write, just making it look more attractive.

but that last re-write was just a rewording of what YOU said in your original. you can make it a lot better.

nevertheless, i'll bet you will get double the replies. plagerize away.
I will. I thought you were a mixture of a Stunt Man and Novelist :)
The absrart concept is relatively clear, but there are always two things to think about and work on: how to add more "meat" on this conceptual bones? No one argues what we should project... though the way to do it are often rather uncanny.
And when I write an ad, at some point of time I stop being critical....i.e. I cannot even see what I write, the ad became too much familiar to be able to improve it.
Sure if you write some sales stuff on a daily basis (besides novels) that gives you a huge advatange.