Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online Dating

Minty25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently i joined msn messenger & a spanish girl responded to my profile we have been flirting online quite a bit is there any tips or advice that anyone could forward on

Many thanks

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that it doesn't work? i mean that's all i know of

Minty25

Don Juan
Reaction score
more than likely your right but a bit of flirting is good practice. Any tips

MANY THANKS

MINTY

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's no such thing as online flirting. Anyone can do it. THere's no skill / practice involved. Sit at the computer, think of something clever, then type it.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easier online?

Hmmm... I find it easier to flirt in person; bu then, my strengths are mainly non-verbal (eye contact, space, kino, etc.).

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SoSuave.com
bump
OMG, he posted outside of the Mod Section!! :D

urbanwhite

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't waste my time with on-line dating. Most women are there just to play email tag and have their egos inflated. They're not interested in meeting anybody. You'll be better off meeting women in person. Hope this helps.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eternal
OMG, he posted outside of the Mod Section!! :D
Hahahaha

cannibustacap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by urbanwhite
I personally wouldn't waste my time with on-line dating. Most women are there just to play email tag and have their egos inflated. They're not interested in meeting anybody. You'll be better off meeting women in person. Hope this helps.
Don't women pay for the dating service as well?

Why the fux would someone pay for a dating service to play email tag?

I haven't tried online dating... but I may experiment with it.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some places i heard let women post their profile for free. However, men who want to contact any of the women have to pay for the contact info.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cannibustacap
Don't women pay for the dating service as well?

Why the fux would someone pay for a dating service to play email tag?

I haven't tried online dating... but I may experiment with it.
That's a good point, why would they just play tag if they are paying for the service? Most guys get frustrated because the furthest that they've ever gotten was email tag. Women on-line tend to get bored easily or just determine that email tag is the best for a particular guy.

I usually trade two emails and then meet the woman. After the second email we've both determined that we're interested in meeting one another. Notice that I completely skipped getting her phone number, I think that step is a waste of time.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
Some places i heard let women post their profile for free. However, men who want to contact any of the women have to pay for the contact info.
Sites that were just starting did that to get new members. Since Match.com, Yahoo and eHarmony bought up most of the start up sites, none of them give away free memberships anymore. Everyone is on-line and is willing to pay for the service. Why give away revenue?

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is related.

I have a couple questions, which isn't on the exact topic, but it's closely related.

Recently I did E-mail someone on an online date site and no, I haven't got a response yet.

Anyone think it's a good idea to send a follow-up E-mail?

I would only send one follow-up if I do, since more than that makes you seem like an AFC.

I think it's possible that I might have fun if I did hang out with her, but at the same time I figure it's a crapshoot so I'm not going to "bet the farm" on it or anything. I won't be crushed if she won't talk to me.

Another question:

Some of these sites allow people to post what they want in a partner. Is it a bad idea to try to contact someone if you don't exactly match what they say?

Sometimes I see some profiles which are TOO specific in that regard, so I figure that they can't really expect a man to fit everything that they say they want.

Talk to you soon,

Ben

B.J. Van Beusekom

Reaction score
Hey if you post a follow up email try the "Playing hard to get already, nice talk to me!" It might work it might not, at least it does not make you like a pathetic AFC.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: This is related.

Originally posted by Abbott
I have a couple questions, which isn't on the exact topic, but it's closely related.

Recently I did E-mail someone on an online date site and no, I haven't got a response yet.

Anyone think it's a good idea to send a follow-up E-mail?

I would only send one follow-up if I do, since more than that makes you seem like an AFC.

I think it's possible that I might have fun if I did hang out with her, but at the same time I figure it's a crapshoot so I'm not going to "bet the farm" on it or anything. I won't be crushed if she won't talk to me.

Another question:

Some of these sites allow people to post what they want in a partner. Is it a bad idea to try to contact someone if you don't exactly match what they say?

Sometimes I see some profiles which are TOO specific in that regard, so I figure that they can't really expect a man to fit everything that they say they want.

Talk to you soon,

Ben
Understand that women usually get 10-20 times more unsolicited email than men from on-line dating sites. I've been contacted by women 2 weeks to a month after writing them. Many times I had long forgotten that I hat written to them and they would have to refresh my memory.

Writing too soon will come off as AFC and will put you on the bottom of the pile if she doesn't decide to toss the email altogether. Waiting at least a couple of weeks makes it a little better but I would personally wait a month if she's really someone I'd like to meet. It gives her time to finish exploring any previous opportunities and allows me to explore more opportunities myself. ;)

As for contacting someone when you don't completely meet their criteria, I say go for it. How many of them fit yours exactly anyway? I'd make sure that I'd meet the most of the interests at least and also most of the physical traits.

I say most of the physical traits because for myself, being non-Nordic and living in Minnesota makes things a bit interesting when their criteria is 'white/Caucasian.' I balance things off by keeping myself in better shape than 'most' of my competition and I also make sure that I can keep them entertained when we meet. That makes up for things at least 75% of the time.

Keep at it, it's a trial and error way to experience things but it can be a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.