When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
OMG, he posted outside of the Mod Section!!Originally posted by SoSuave.com
bump
HahahahaOriginally posted by Eternal
OMG, he posted outside of the Mod Section!!![]()
Don't women pay for the dating service as well?Originally posted by urbanwhite
I personally wouldn't waste my time with on-line dating. Most women are there just to play email tag and have their egos inflated. They're not interested in meeting anybody. You'll be better off meeting women in person. Hope this helps.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
That's a good point, why would they just play tag if they are paying for the service? Most guys get frustrated because the furthest that they've ever gotten was email tag. Women on-line tend to get bored easily or just determine that email tag is the best for a particular guy.Originally posted by cannibustacap
Don't women pay for the dating service as well?
Why the fux would someone pay for a dating service to play email tag?
I haven't tried online dating... but I may experiment with it.
Sites that were just starting did that to get new members. Since Match.com, Yahoo and eHarmony bought up most of the start up sites, none of them give away free memberships anymore. Everyone is on-line and is willing to pay for the service. Why give away revenue?Originally posted by Life-Trainee
Some places i heard let women post their profile for free. However, men who want to contact any of the women have to pay for the contact info.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Understand that women usually get 10-20 times more unsolicited email than men from on-line dating sites. I've been contacted by women 2 weeks to a month after writing them. Many times I had long forgotten that I hat written to them and they would have to refresh my memory.Originally posted by Abbott
I have a couple questions, which isn't on the exact topic, but it's closely related.
Recently I did E-mail someone on an online date site and no, I haven't got a response yet.
Anyone think it's a good idea to send a follow-up E-mail?
I would only send one follow-up if I do, since more than that makes you seem like an AFC.
I think it's possible that I might have fun if I did hang out with her, but at the same time I figure it's a crapshoot so I'm not going to "bet the farm" on it or anything. I won't be crushed if she won't talk to me.
Another question:
Some of these sites allow people to post what they want in a partner. Is it a bad idea to try to contact someone if you don't exactly match what they say?
Sometimes I see some profiles which are TOO specific in that regard, so I figure that they can't really expect a man to fit everything that they say they want.
Talk to you soon,
Ben