Online dating has gotten worse since I last did it. You've been warned

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
Repeating for emphasis because I think I'm right on this, to me, there is no real distinction between women OLD and women "out there," it's just that the harsh realities are more up close and personal..
I disagree, with most women online there is usually something wrong whether they have bastard kid, overweight, baggage from being on the c**ck carousel, crazy etc. IME women are women YES but to compare the quality of women OLD to a bar or social circle it doesn't hold a candle (unless your social circle is trailer trash boys status)

Contrary to popular believe on here, I know plenty of women who don't need online dating, and why would they? they meet tons of men in real life have options and aren't losers i.e. single mothers, crazy chicks etc (like most women online)

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I simply dropped any online dating option, not just sites made for that but even facebook is kept just as a instant messaging to catch my friends or check out general content like gym memes and such.

Its either Im not hot enough /bad in marketing myself or it simply doesnt work untill you master in those two fields, dont forget social proof as well, if your profile picture its crap but you get 100 comments and compliments you may still be game on.

Anyway I simply accepted to stop playing games that are rigged, where its not about your effort but about someone random emotions about what you do.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
I don't know where you live that a trip to an arts gallery, drinks for two and "duck appetizer" cost $10. Must be nice. I do agree though that coffee dates are a bad choice if you're trying to project the "whale" image.
1. Galleries are free. Very often there are free drinks and food there as well. Buy -one- small, cheap thing every blue moon (even a $30 coffee table book) and that's enough to not be perceived as a freeloader. There is massive whale appeal to having a gallery owner know your name and knowing other people who tend to go to those things. 2. Appetizers are usually no more than $8-10 even in expensive restaurants. 3. I didn't say $10 total, but $10 more than the coffee date. I also said no more than $50.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't think I will be returning to the site. My harem is full of plates and orbiters; I need to do some firing as is. Also, my life is too busy. But, it's good to know that if necessary I could build a new harem in a couple hours while brushing my teeth. Time is a precious commodity. :up:

Also I can't say I saw many 9s onsite. A ton of 7s and 8s. But I wasn't on long enough to make that a concrete statement.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
For the fxck of it, I joined Match today. I put up three pics: One in a suit, one casual, and one shirtless (195 lbs, 11-12% bf).

I used Espi's direct opener of inviting for a drink on the first e-mail. I sent out 30 requests only to members online. In a matter of 1.5 hours, in addition to the 15 likes and 12 winks from outside parties, I had six phone numbers freely given to me in response to my invite. Funny thing is I won't be calling any of them as I have no open slots in the harem.

Listen up Gents: As per Espi's advice, especially as of late; the man's posts are gold :up:
Nice man, good for you. Yes there are techniques you can employ to increase your success online, but if you don't have the look then the level of success you described is not possible. You have to stand out from the masses of other guys. I'm guessing you have the look, at 195lbs and 11-12% bf. You're cream of the crop. If you had no idea what you were doing you'd probably still do a lot better than most guys on there.

To attract women, you need to stand out from the crowd. They need to think you're the best or one of the best options they can get. The reason why OLD is so much different than real life is... in real life, the crowd is usually very small. Often times it's just you (no other guys around). Also, interaction is a lot more dynamic and based on lots of factors. On the otherhand, online the crowd is... thousands of guys. And the main form of communication is pictures. If you're not towards the top in the looks department, you're at a huge disadvantage that you can't come back from.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if its Chicago, but the women on POF are pretty bad....i'm about to delete my account, I stopped going on to see if any fresh meat would be available....but its bad. Okcupid is even worse for chicago I nearly puked

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
I don't know if its Chicago, but the women on POF are pretty bad....i'm about to delete my account, I stopped going on to see if any fresh meat would be available....but its bad. Okcupid is even worse for chicago I nearly puked
I can imagine it's probably similar to St. Louis. Numerous 6'1" & 200+ pound "women", loads of chicks with more tattoos than dudes in biker gangs, and 28 year old chicks with 4+ kids.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
old married dude said:
I can imagine it's probably similar to St. Louis. Numerous 6'1" & 200+ pound "women", loads of chicks with more tattoos than dudes in biker gangs, and 28 year old chicks with 4+ kids.
Sounds similar to LA, when you guys are talking about messaging 100s of women I dont get how its possible since theres maybe 20 girls tops worth messaging whenever I check

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yewki said:
Nice man, good for you. Yes there are techniques you can employ to increase your success online, but if you don't have the look then the level of success you described is not possible. You have to stand out from the masses of other guys. I'm guessing you have the look, at 195lbs and 11-12% bf. You're cream of the crop. If you had no idea what you were doing you'd probably still do a lot better than most guys on there.

To attract women, you need to stand out from the crowd. They need to think you're the best or one of the best options they can get. The reason why OLD is so much different than real life is... in real life, the crowd is usually very small. Often times it's just you (no other guys around). Also, interaction is a lot more dynamic and based on lots of factors. On the otherhand, online the crowd is... thousands of guys. And the main form of communication is pictures. If you're not towards the top in the looks department, you're at a huge disadvantage that you can't come back from.
Couple points:

Yes, it is true. You do have to be above average in the looks department to do well in online dating. The good news is as follows:

Anybody member here with an average build can easily add 2pts+ to his SMV just by focusing on the physique.

Here I am last year. This year, I’m in even in better shape with rounder delts, but holding 5 extra lbs of body fat. This physique took me a lifetime to build. This physique contributes greatly to why I would consider myself a 9 overall on the looks scale.

The half dozen numbers that were thrown at me last night on Match mean little, as the girls were 7s and 8s on the looks scale. I have no genuine interest in 7s and 8s. I’ve been doing online dating for over 10 years--before and after my marriage--just never on Match. And I can say that securing a 9 online is rare, at least for me.

So although getting a half dozen numbers in 1.5 hours may seem successful, it’s in fact not, as these are not women I would normally date unless I was in scarcity.

Which leads to my next point:

Here is a pic of one of my plates. She is a Ukrainian model. I consider her a 9. Some of you guys may not as we all have different taste. But for me, she is a 9. I have never hooked up with a girl that looks like this from online. Are girls like this online? Yes, but not in my sphere or awareness.

I met her through a friend. As my social status is high and as I am also in the higher echelon in the looks department, meeting a girl like this offline is not that difficult.

My point?

I think men can do better offline than online through networking and approaches. Online has its advantages as it’s easy to hook up. But always remember that if you use online solely, you could be missing a sphere of better-looking contenders offline.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Here is a pic of one of my plates. She is a Ukrainian model. I consider her a 9. Some of you guys may not as we all have different taste. But for me, she is a 9. .
Yep. Legit 9.

You look amazing mate. What is your arm size? I'd say 18-19".

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Crossbow

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
Respectfully disagree. How can "99%" of women on dating sites be garbage when "99%" of the women you're meeting in the real world are already subscribed to an online dating site?

The rest of your post--about the superficiality of women--applies EVERYWHERE. In the real world, they use makeup, pushup bras, panty hose...In the real world, you're judged by your looks, your money, your car, etc. etc.

Online versus Real World...there's no such comparision, in my opinion. Women are the same wherever or however you meet them.
Nah. There's no way 99% of women are subscribed or have subscribed to online dating. I know far too many and the only few I know who were and are using OLD are even though pretty hot are all garbage. Major Major issues.

True the same ones using OLD are in the real world but ones who use OLD IMO always have something seriously wrong with them. I've seen it too many times. Know several personally but nowhere near all the women I know and have heard from other dudes who use OLD that every one they met even when hot were human trash. Nut cases, chronic liars, complete h0es straight up to come over and fck etc. It's the concentration of low quality no matter what the looks heads to OLD as they're too known in their area through social circles etc. as disasters.

Though I'm not gonna lie. Been checking out some hot milfs on OLD and wasn't even spamming at all but got perma banned. (Possibly someone reported me or something. No idea) Got several numbers, looks, first messages etc. Checked out the other athletic dudes my age just to see and wasn't surprised I was killing it as most all of them looked horribly aged.

So it's definitely your looks.

Still these women should be able to meet people in real life but there's ALWAYS something major going on with them no matter what age.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:-) said:
What is your arm size? I'd say 18-19".
17.5"

Espi said:
My fetish is women who are 40 to 50 years old
I do only 26-33. I want kids. My sweet spot (best success) is between 27 and 29.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Ukrainian 9 isn't inspirational, its damn inspirational. Nicely done. From an outside perspective , its good to see others who put in the effort have success from it. keep it up.

I made a post earlier regarding tinder/online dating. I think the message was slightly lost; online dating/ tinder isn't easy. I am not blessed being super tall, and am not super ripped so I have to work at it like anyone else. Its like dating hot women without the dating sites...the time has to be put into all areas of life. The same is with online dating, and the quality is always questionable around here.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just started tinder and must say the girls are considerably better looking than okc. It seems like tinder has less of a social stigma associated with it for some reason, its closer to a facebook/instagram kind of platform and almost isnt viewed as "online dating" per se.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, guru's plate is definitely a 9 in my book. Also guru, what's your current weight?

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
old married dude said:
Us older guys that stay in shape can do pretty well I'd say.

Here I am, not near as impressive, but I don't get any complaints...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/lauderdalej/DFECD644-2F63-438B-9433-C304712D943E.jpg
Cool. I'm 2 years older than you and currently bulking up at the moment. I'm at 210 lbs right now but will be cutting up pretty soon. Mirror needs a clean i know.

http://s577.photobucket.com/user/Smileyface1000/media/134_zpsopzljohr.jpg.html?o=0

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
Trust me mate Chicago is actually pretty Good for online dating. Well Compared to Minneapolis. I go to Chicago(6 hour drive but I prefer the 1 hour flight) all the time and the fact that the population is so huge gives you a plethora of more choices. Take OKC for instance the average chick in Chicago is +2 points in SMV compared to the average chick in Minneapolis. Yeah you have a lot of ducks but it's simply cause you have huge demographic. Don't believe me just go on OKC and you will be thankful that you are in Chicago

Crossbow said:
Nah. There's no way 99% of women are subscribed or have subscribed to online dating. I know far too many and the only few I know who were and are using OLD are even though pretty hot are all garbage. Major Major issues.

True the same ones using OLD are in the real world but ones who use OLD IMO always have something seriously wrong with them. I've seen it too many times. Know several personally but nowhere near all the women I know and have heard from other dudes who use OLD that every one they met even when hot were human trash. Nut cases, chronic liars, complete h0es straight up to come over and fck etc. It's the concentration of low quality no matter what the looks heads to OLD as they're too known in their area through social circles etc. as disasters.

Though I'm not gonna lie. Been checking out some hot milfs on OLD and wasn't even spamming at all but got perma banned. (Possibly someone reported me or something. No idea) Got several numbers, looks, first messages etc. Checked out the other athletic dudes my age just to see and wasn't surprised I was killing it as most all of them looked horribly aged.

So it's definitely your looks.

Still these women should be able to meet people in real life but there's ALWAYS something major going on with them no matter what age.
I agree and this is how you can tell from someone who just online dates and someone who actually meets women through the field and other ways. I know some guys who think that women online represent women IRL and
that could be further from the truth and toxic. Yes there a lot of women who use OLD and real world dating but believe it or not there tons of women who don't and that's because these women have fun/busy social lives, no problem meeting men in real life, and aren't unloyal wh0res sucking every guy of etc. These women do exist but there not on plentyofffish.com or Tinder

dk1990S111 said:
Sounds similar to LA, when you guys are talking about messaging 100s of women I dont get how its possible since theres maybe 20 girls tops worth messaging whenever I check
Once again it's Demographics. When I went to L.A. I actually met up with a chick from online before pipe-lining her. Tons of ghetto trash on POF but okcupid was a goldmine of hot chicks.

You guys in big cities don't realize how good you Actually have it, compare L.A./Chicago to a Minneapolis/Idaho/Iowa etc. And you guys will change your tune real quick. Yes you have more ugly whales but you also have hotter chicks than average where a city that's smaller you will have more uglier chicks and the hot chick is an average chick at best.

The cheer population alone and with hard work a guy should be able to have a harem where in a smaller city you gotta bust your a$$ just to get a 7 through OLD unless you look like The Rock

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful about Match.com - for two years after I quit the paid service, to the point that my profile was deleted for nonuse, I was billed every six months. It took me four levels of customer service, until it reached corporate, dropping terms like "credit card fraud" and "federal consumer class action" (I'm an attorney) to get a refund.

Watch your bill like a hawk.