Online dating experts, I need your help

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I did match.com, found a bunch of cute latinas and messaged them all

None of these girls have even read my messages. Are they all bots or can they not reply because they're not subscribers? It's offering a 10 dollar monthly charge so they can reply for free, should I pay for that?

and then I did Okcupid and I can't find any cuties at all. I found like 3 6-7s after scouring and scouring. I live 30 miles from Chicago. How is there not tons of 7-10s on these sites?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did match.com, found a bunch of cute latinas and messaged them all

None of these girls have even read my messages. Are they all bots or can they not reply because they're not subscribers? It's offering a 10 dollar monthly charge so they can reply for free, should I pay for that?

and then I did Okcupid and I can't find any cuties at all. I found like 3 6-7s after scouring and scouring. I live 30 miles from Chicago. How is there not tons of 7-10s on these sites?
Swipe right hit all. Its easier in person.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Use plenty of fish. Online dating is all about total volume. Okcupid just isn't good.

what about match.com? I was told it's excellent and it's garbage. Nobody on there has even read my message!

Should I pay for that feature where anybody can read my message?

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard match and eharmony were slightly better for LTR and in general than normal online dating BS since you have to pay for those, nobody is just messing around. but those are just random rumors

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I heard match and eharmony were slightly better for LTR and in general than normal online dating BS since you have to pay for those, nobody is just messing around. but those are just random rumors
what a waste of money to pay for match

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Match is one of the best of the OLD sites that minimizes or even eliminates bot/fake ads. The feature you're talking about is about the only additional feature I pay for and is worth anything, because it keeps a line of communication open to all women on the site, not just a narrow band of paid subscribers.

This is why I told you earlier to place your ad and forget it. Check in once a day and move on in real life. You're chasing ghosts and wasting time by combing through hundreds of ads and trying to initiate contact with them; older profiles/women who haven't logged in for weeks, women who signed up as a gag or on a dare, women who are just looking for orbiters, women swamped by 100s of hungry guys just like you.... fvck all that.

You have to learn how to draw them into you, rather than work off of the mercy of them "giving you a shot or a chance".

Dave, your pictures do about 80% of the work in this online medium. The content of your ad just gives them a little nudge of influence to contact you. This is why I told you earlier that if your ad doesn't seem to be working, change your pictures up before changing anything else.

Yes, yes, I know.... you say you look like crap in pictures.... you're not photogenic. Well guess what, neither am I. It is very very hard for me to find a photograph that accurately reflects what I look like in person. Very difficult. So I very much understand where you are coming from.

I VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST you make use of a site called Photofeeler.com.

I strongly suggest it for you, not only because you need an unbiased opinion on your photos/looks, but because you also very much need to know precisely how you are seen in the eyes of random women who don't know a god damn thing about you.

Photofeeler members rank your pics on 3 facets:

1) Smart/intelligent looking
2) Trustworthy looking
3) Attractiveness

This is going to tell you everything you need to know about why you are attracting or not attracting women in OLD, or even IRL, and which picture you should be using as the main pic on your profile. The site allows you to set the people providing feedback on your photo only to women within a certain age range. Make use of that.

If you want those 7+ women to interact with you, you should be scoring 80% or higher on the attractiveness scale and, optimally, 60%+ in intelligence & trustworthiness.

If you want 8's & 9's, it would be optimal using a photo that ranks 90%+ in attraction and 70%+ in the other features.

You're very likely going to have to try a lot of different photos to hit those numbers, but once you do, I can assure you Match will not be a waste of time. Those women will not only write back to you, they will begin to initiate.
thanks for the great advice

so the reply for free feature is worth all the money?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Match is one of the best of the OLD sites that minimizes or even eliminates bot/fake ads. The feature you're talking about is about the only additional feature I pay for and is worth anything, because it keeps a line of communication open to all women on the site, not just a narrow band of paid subscribers.

This is why I told you earlier to place your ad and forget it. Check in once a day and move on in real life. You're chasing ghosts and wasting time by combing through hundreds of ads and trying to initiate contact with them; older profiles/women who haven't logged in for weeks, women who signed up as a gag or on a dare, women who are just looking for orbiters, women swamped by 100s of hungry guys just like you.... fvck all that.

You have to learn how to draw them into you, rather than work off of the mercy of them "giving you a shot or a chance".

Dave, your pictures do about 80% of the work in this online medium. The content of your ad just gives them a little nudge of influence to contact you. This is why I told you earlier that if your ad doesn't seem to be working, change your pictures up before changing anything else.

Yes, yes, I know.... you say you look like crap in pictures.... you're not photogenic. Well guess what, neither am I. It is very very hard for me to find a photograph that accurately reflects what I look like in person. Very difficult. So I very much understand where you are coming from.

I VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST you make use of a site called Photofeeler.com.

I strongly suggest it for you, not only because you need an unbiased opinion on your photos/looks, but because you also very much need to know precisely how you are seen in the eyes of random women who don't know a god damn thing about you.

Photofeeler members rank your pics on 3 facets:

1) Smart/intelligent looking
2) Trustworthy looking
3) Attractiveness

This is going to tell you everything you need to know about why you are attracting or not attracting women in OLD, or even IRL, and which picture you should be using as the main pic on your profile. The site allows you to set the people providing feedback on your photo only to women within a certain age range. Make use of that.

If you want those 7+ women to interact with you, you should be scoring 80% or higher on the attractiveness scale and, optimally, 60%+ in intelligence & trustworthiness.

If you want 8's & 9's, it would be optimal using a photo that ranks 90%+ in attraction and 70%+ in the other features.

You're very likely going to have to try a lot of different photos to hit those numbers, but once you do, I can assure you Match will not be a waste of time. Those women will not only write back to you, they will begin to initiate.
Agree 100 percent. I’m actually at a coffee shop right now about to meet a match date.

But, on the photofeeler thing, how can someone “look” intelligent lol? Not sarcasm. Genuine curioisity.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what would you rate yourself?

a quality 8/10 is perfect anyways
If I had height I’d be a 10/10. It’s the only thing I don’t have.

I’m a lighter skinned black man with light eyes, athletic physique, and white collar career.

But like I said, it’s all in the pictures. Drop some dough and get em professionally done.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Have you ever looked at a really hot woman and immediately thought to yourself "bimbo"? Well, women can often look at a very attractive man and immediately think "meat head". Bimbos and meatheads can be very attractive but also look dumb as hell.

Attractive people can often be perceived as less trustworthy as well.

Usually, the more trustworthy and intelligent you look, the less attractive you're likely being perceived. The more attractive you look, the less intelligent and trustworthy you're likely to be perceived.

It's actually very difficult to look attractive, smart and trustworthy all at the same time.
Yeah I get what you mean. Thanks

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
If I had height I’d be a 10/10. It’s the only thing I don’t have.

I’m a lighter skinned black man with light eyes, athletic physique, and white collar career.

But like I said, it’s all in the pictures. Drop some dough and get em professionally done.
do you put your income on it?