"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

One on one

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
If she was seeing other people or had definitive interest elsewhere we wouldn’t be booking more accommodations or have plans tomorrow and all weekend. She would be bailing and flaking. Not calling me just to say hey in Monday.

She WANTS to respect and admire me. But that’s up to me if I can pull that off. Because like @Spaz said: there’s emotional attachment. And if the emotions are still there.. a lot more can come. If the emotions weren’t, I’d be a dead fish floating down stream.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
Brooks, no matter how it turns out....please let us know.

No one has the answer "for sure" but we can all learn by how it goes for you.

Keep us posted.
For sure I will.

I can redeem myself in my eyes and hers if I take the correct actions. Nothing is lost until one or both people walk away. Or cheat. Or BLATANT disrespect. The coffee with a friendzoned guy was a test like @RangerMIke and @flowtheory said. And that’s a grey area.

All I can do is control what I can and let go of the rest. If she cheated or did something lame a$$ like that, the. That’s on her. Not on me. It doesn’t make me a cuck or beta for trying to steer this ship out of the mud. That’s me owning my sh!t trough strength and awareness.
And I’ll PM Glassguy while she’s giving me a blowy south of the equator.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Brooks, no matter how it turns out....please let us know.

No one has the answer "for sure" but we can all learn by how it goes for you.

Keep us posted.
He will keep bumping his head and learn there are certain interpersonal dynamics. It may not work how he thinks it should but he will see it exists. He needs to do the opposite of good or leave her alone.
 

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
He will keep bumping his head and learn there are certain interpersonal dynamics. It may not work how he thinks it should but he will see it exists. He needs to do the opposite of good or leave her alone.
No. That’s game playing.

What are these interpersonal dynamics you speak of? Sometimes I feel like you just say things..
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Okay.

What are you trying to say on a macro level here?

I’m confused by you, goodstuff
Most people have agendas and "play games". I tried to give a way that she could desire to play your game.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
Most people have agendas and "play games". I tried to give a way that she could desire to play your game.
By casting spells and using black magic.

The only way to take their games away is to be able to walk away and assert my own value via boundaries.

I’m not in this relationship for games. So I can’t fight her games with games. That’s falling in to her frame.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
By casting spells and using black magic.

The only way to take their games away is to be able to walk away and assert my own value via boundaries.

I’m not in this relationship for games. So I can’t fight her games with games. That’s falling in to her frame.
You redefine your frame as willing participants who value you enough not to make you unhappy. She can reenter it later if you choose to let her. Trying to be stoic and stiff aint gonna help. Put your boundary in of dont do this or you'll leave, your gonna be leaving anyways.
 

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
You redefine your frame as willing participants who value you enough not to make you unhappy.
I’ve made myself unhappy. I have her all the leeway and in turn she started to take advantage of it. Such is the feminine way. She saw weakness and exploited it. My fault.
I’m redefining my frame so this does not continue.

Visual approach would be if she’s backed me against a corner ready to squash me, I’m pushing back against the areas she’s move s in on me with. Within parts of my own self. It’s just about reclaiming what I lost. Which she actually wants me to do.

It’s a sad thing for her to watch someone who she’s emotional attached to lose himself for her. Women don’t want this.


Trying to be stoic and stiff aint gonna help.
This works in some areas. Being unreactive is some areas. Not as a whole. There will be confrontations if need be. But in calm
Manners.

Put your boundary in of dont do this or you'll leave, your gonna be leaving anyways.
Boundaries are placed so the other person doesn’t disrespect you. Without boundaries, the other person will run wherever they feel and this has a cost on the inner self.
Boundaries are about teaching.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I’ve made myself unhappy. I have her all the leeway and in turn she started to take advantage of it. Such is the feminine way. She saw weakness and exploited it. My fault.
I’m redefining my frame so this does not continue.

Visual approach would be if she’s backed me against a corner ready to squash me, I’m pushing back against the areas she’s move s in on me with. Within parts of my own self. It’s just about reclaiming what I lost. Which she actually wants me to do.

It’s a sad thing for her to watch someone who she’s emotional attached to lose himself for her. Women don’t want this.



This works in some areas. Being unreactive is some areas. Not as a whole. There will be confrontations if need be. But in calm
Manners.


Boundaries are placed so the other person doesn’t disrespect you. Without boundaries, the other person will run wherever they feel and this has a cost on the inner self.
Boundaries are about teaching.
How can you STOP her from doing what she wants to do? What will be the consequence? Youll get mad or complain?
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You'll be making a new thread, it's titled "I did everything but she still broke my heart and cheated" or "I'm the perfect guy but I saw my Ex in bed with another man, why?".

Then it's followed up by "I'm so perfect, my ex must be BPD".
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
You'll be making a new thread, it's titled "I did everything but she still broke my heart and cheated" or "I'm the perfect guy but I saw my Ex in bed with another man, why?".

Then it's followed up by "I'm so perfect, my ex must be BPD".
He saw her In bed with a guy because she wanted him to see that.
 

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
How can you STOP her from doing what she wants to do? What will be the consequence? Youll get mad or complain?
I’m not saying I can stop anything. I’m saying I can do whatever I am able to do. Full responsibility.
 

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
You'll be making a new thread, it's titled "I did everything but she still broke my heart and cheated" or "I'm the perfect guy but I saw my Ex in bed with another man, why?".

Then it's followed up by "I'm so perfect, my ex must be BPD".
No spaz.

I will make a thread called ‘I tried to dig myself out of a hole I created, and learned much in the process: my story about renewal and self redemption even though I lost a girl I loved.’
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
No spaz.

I will make a thread called ‘I tried to dig myself out of a hole I created, and learned much in the process: my story about renewal and self redemption even though I lost a girl I loved.’
Impressive.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top