"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

One meal a day diet aka caveman diet

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,425
Anyone have success with this and weight loss? I tried the no carbs meats and vegetable only routine but it became impractical after a while. Too much shopping and meal prep time required.

I was dosing lyrica pregebalin daily for the past few months for back and knee pain and just found out it causes huge weight gain. Has definitely reflected in my weight recently so i ditched the lyrica about a week ago and just did a 2 day water fast to reset my body. Now looking to transition into something more practical, diet wise. And i have always been a fan of intermediate fasting.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
737
Age
67
Success yes. Through a couple years of trial & error I have settled on eating around 7:00PM, Normally I will graze on something else a phew hours later. I "tried" OMAD for months but couldn't get enough calories in one sitting without feeling like I over ate like a pig. So I have a evening window. I don't look at it like fasting, for me it's just what I do that works. So normally 20-hrs each day no food year round.

At first it was a struggle, but now I don't even think about food during the day. Weight loss is guaranteed and I don't even count calories anymore. Family or friends or a Hottie want to go out and eat breakfast lunch or supper, no problem.
Its a lifestyle with many benefits for the rest of my days. I'm at goal weight, Hope you find what works for you..

Ps.. I as a general rule shy away from processed anything. A big apple fritter is a delicacy.
 
Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Anyone have success with this and weight loss? I tried the no carbs meats and vegetable only routine but it became impractical after a while. Too much shopping and meal prep time required.

I was dosing lyrica pregebalin daily for the past few months for back and knee pain and just found out it causes huge weight gain. Has definitely reflected in my weight recently so i ditched the lyrica about a week ago and just did a 2 day water fast to reset my body. Now looking to transition into something more practical, diet wise. And i have always been a fan of intermediate fasting.
Definately evaluate it. I definately feel "stronger" when I nearly go the entire day without eating and under control eat a good meal. I don't do it every day, but occasionally i do. It "feels" more primal for whatever reason.

Keep in mind that there are legit studies that show growth hormone goes up like over 1000% after some period of time of not eating food. It's usually somewhere between 1 and 2 days ( this chart says at 19 hrs ). That growth hormone, gives energy, increased fat loss and clarity and prevents muscles from being catabolized.

fasting.jpg
 

Sir FB

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2021
Messages
102
Reaction score
131
Age
59
Success yes. Through a couple years of trial & error I have settled on eating around 7:00PM, Normally I will graze on something else a phew hours later. I "tried" OMAD for months but couldn't get enough calories in one sitting without feeling like I over ate like a pig. So I have a evening window. I don't look at it like fasting, for me it's just what I do that works. So normally 20-hrs each day no food year round.

At first it was a struggle, but now I don't even think about food during the day. Weight loss is guaranteed and I don't even count calories anymore. Family or friends or a Hottie want to go out and eat breakfast lunch or supper, no problem.
Its a lifestyle with many benefits for the rest of my days. I'm at goal weight, Hope you find what works for you..

Ps.. I as a general rule shy away from processed anything. A big apple fritter is a delicacy.
This has been my experience as well. I’m going about 17 hours per day no food, it’s been almost a year now. Don’t count calories, don’t sweat it if I eat socially outside my normal window, and I’m at my goal weight. The thing about this way of eating is it’s ridiculously simple. No calories to count, no foods to avoid. It just fits my lifestyle and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the way I used to eat.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,862
Reaction score
19,086
My preference is to do longer fasts where you don't eat for a day or two rather than one meal a day, and just eat normally on the other days.

But in general this works as all fasting does via positive hormonal changes and lower calorie consumption over long periods of time.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Anyone have success with this and weight loss? I tried the no carbs meats and vegetable only routine but it became impractical after a while. Too much shopping and meal prep time required.

I was dosing lyrica pregebalin daily for the past few months for back and knee pain and just found out it causes huge weight gain. Has definitely reflected in my weight recently so i ditched the lyrica about a week ago and just did a 2 day water fast to reset my body. Now looking to transition into something more practical, diet wise. And i have always been a fan of intermediate fasting.
Check the fitness forum. I got a intermittent fast going since before the scamdemic. I can't stress enough how well it works. 24 hour fasts too. supplement electrolytes via supplement or natural remedy. test what works. my body responds to this. coupled with cardio and calisthenics is money.
 

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2020
Messages
862
Reaction score
799
Location
South West UK
Cut beer totally


I have been doing an OMAD thing for a few weeks now. Got about 3/4 of a stone off so far.
I just eat the once, on my meal break at work @ approx 11.30pm since I'm on a night shift.
A large dressed salad, with some coleslaw, cheese and some kind of cooked meat plus a
handful of cashew nuts and a couple of bananas. . Today it was turkey breast. On my two
days off I might occasionally eat twice but still usually the once, but anything goes for those meals.
 
Last edited:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
737
Age
67
The thing about this way of eating is it’s ridiculously simple. No calories to count, no foods to avoid. It just fits my lifestyle and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the way I used to eat.
Yesterday at my daughters, "vegan" now she's on a low carb kick. There was a 1/2 a Cherry pie and she asked, (Dad do you want this pie?) I grabbed it like a dog on a piece of meat, and said thanks for dinner. Not my finest meal but I was in heaven.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
737
Age
67
OMAD works well for me. I have done long fasts too. My body is adapted and very flexible at this point. I wouldn’t say OMAD is a good fit for everyone. It really depends on the person and their individual physiological needs and goals. It’s a great tool for health and weight loss. It also helps that I am not feeling hungry all day miserably trying to wait till a specified eating time/window. That makes a huge difference. That comes with time, and the quality of food/nutrition eaten, in my experience. I sure do love the simplicity of just eating once a day. I am flexible too.
This sums it up perfectly. I knew my clock watching days were over when it would be 8:30 and I forgot to eat. Or get off the phone with my Sister and its 11:00 pm and say time for breakfast. Never did a long fast.
 
Top