I'm actually in the same damn situation. This is how I intend to play it:
Since I know this girl has been in a relationship with the guy for 2 years, I'll just let her do her thang, BUT I will keep showing interest, and befriend her. But not so to the point where I'm essentially her emotional tampon, but just enough for her to think of me as a possible candidate. When finally she breaks up with her current BF, I move in.
Since I know this girl has been in a relationship with the guy for 2 years, I'll just let her do her thang, BUT I will keep showing interest, and befriend her. But not so to the point where I'm essentially her emotional tampon, but just enough for her to think of me as a possible candidate. When finally she breaks up with her current BF, I move in.