On dating your boss.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Specifically, your boss/manager/supervisor/whatever.

How many of you guys or girls (there are a few, right?) here have been in this type of situation before? Is there any sort of guide to this? Advice, do's and don'ts, "no, don't do it. leave it be."'s?

Basically, I just got a job at my old school as a dorm manager and the woman who hired is a complete knock-out. Definitely bangin' on all cylinders. Beautiful blonde, great body, that sexy schoolteacher appeal, and young. Maybe early 30's at most. And, I'm 23 and couldn't care less how old she is haha. She'd met me once or twice when I was a student, but I was basically treated like a staff member, and we were in a couple of commitees together (one was actually an EEO), but I digress. There's been a subtle flirt between us as far as I can recognize since I was a student, and most definitely during the job interview. Signs of attraction, a lot of smiling and laughing, fumbling over words every now and then (and she's a bright lady, too. not like her).

Anyway, IF there is a genuine attraction, what would be the best way to go about this? Not for a quick lay or anything, but... like, to date the girl.

Thoughts? or should I just go ahead and an-hero now?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
The more time you spend with the girl also means the more chances of ****ing up. I suggest going for a quick lay.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
SeymourCake said:
I suggest going for a quick lay.

Eh. If that's what it comes down to. But, I'm thinking that could be an egregious boo boo when it comes down to the fact that she's my boss. At first glance, neither the situation nor the girl seem ripe for just a quick fvck. Detrimental, I guess is the word, to the employment factor.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Don't think differently about her, don't treat her different, and don't give her special special privileges just because she's your boss. View her as any other person. For the sake of keeping your job, I wouldn't risk it.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smarten up. My pal just lost his job for sleeping with supervisor. It was fine until sh1t went sideways between them. Then she brought the drama to work and got him written up and fired. Of course its partially his fault as he let her push his buttons at work and got him to act out and thus fired. Its too rough of a job market to put employment at risk right now.

tinctrar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont do it!

Yes - I am that guy that lost his job. I fit the cliche. When I was 18 I tried it. I dont even remember the woman's name but I do remember the impact it had on my life as an 18 year old on his own going through college. After losing my job the next three months were downtrodden hell.

In this crap economy it is difficult to find gainful employment. No pvssy is worth losing your job over.

To echo Warrior74 things just went weird. She was talking about having kids (WTF) and it scared the hell out of me (being 18 at the time). I broke it off and she broke me off!

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay away. Screwing your peers is ill-advised but not terrible, but your boss is a big no-no. Things go south, and you're fired.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the sound advice, fellas.

I think I'm just gonna leave it be. She's certainly not the only woman around.