Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OLD - Ever come across someone you know?

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJ's

Working night shift, bored, and just started to check out some of the swipe apps. I came across a hot girl that I've known for years, she works at some of my local bars. Get along with her well. There's a bit of an age difference, I'm 45, and she is 28.

For a laugh, I swiped right... unless she is a paid subscriber, she more than likely won't see it's me.

Just curious, have you ever come across a female friend on OLD, and swiped right? If she realized, and wasn't interested, was it awkward when you saw each other next?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I have. It is totally normal.

I have come across the following women I know from real life...

1. Women I hit on while participating in co-ed sports leagues. I found it wild that these women I met in co-ed sports leagues had to resort to swipe apps. Most guys in co-ed sports leagues are there to hit on women. That just shows how overly fussy these women tend to be. I swiped right on them because I wanted a second look there. One of them I got a match with despite her not being enthusiastic when I hit on her in real life years earlier. I didn't end up asking her out on a date though despite the swipe app match.
2. I saw a former co-worker on a swipe app after I had left that company. I was not attracted to her. I swiped left on her.
3. Other women I've seen and talked at random structured events over the years. These were mere acquaintances. Some right and some left swipes.

Most of these women have swipe queues so long that they'll probably miss your swipe.

I'm glad I quit swipe apps. Swipe apps aren't worth doing unless you are unquestionably a Top 10% man.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it’s not uncommon. I either ignore or don’t swipe right.
However, I usually bring it up if I see them in person.
Hey, “nice tinder profile“ and (insert) playful banter. It’s a good way to gauge there interest based on there response. I had a few ask why I didn’t swipe right after teasing a little. Easy way to setup a date on the spot.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, my buddy's ex-wife saw me and sent me a text.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Few chicks I went to college with. Surprisingly most were open to dating even though they all blew me off in college.

I even banged one girl I went to school with. She certainly saw me in a different light.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw a BPD ex on Hinge a couple years ago. She was probably a 8.5/10 in looks and body, but absolutely 1005 bat s*it crazy. At least she was taking meds and going to therapy but the crazy and outbursts got to be too much for me.

She completely embellished her profile saying she was into a healthy lifestyle (did a lot of drugs, so she later claimed), really didn't workout or do much athletically. She was in good shape mainly due to genetics and I think she starved herself. Talked about all her interests (all BS) and I'm reading it and laughing and thinking about all the suckers that will swipe right and get sucked into Crazyville. Her pics were 9/10, tho. It looked like she had them professionally done.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it’s quite common. If it is someone I haven’t seen for a while I send them a message and we usually chat for a while. I’ve never dating any of them though.

If it is someone from my current social circle I block them without messaging them. The last thing I want is them sharing my profile with other ladies in my social circle. Same thing if it is someone I work with.