Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OLD Despair

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the market in the country you are in and give it a number, subtract 2 and you get local OLD.

Atom has a point, you cant snipe on online dating unless you are a top chad, leaving a bait is the best bet and an even a better one is a bait calibrated for what you are trying to catch.

I personally cant stand divas or high maintenance girls, thats why I dont put fancy pictures of me in clubs or expensive places.
No approval seeking lines or pictures in my profile either.

Anyway dont be sad, online dating works as crap for 80% of the men and even the 20% scoring out of it doesnt usually get anything his level.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway dont be sad, online dating works as crap for 80% of the men and even the 20% scoring out of it doesnt usually get anything his level.
Interesting too that there is a second uneven distribution in the 20%, as someone who likes statistics.

1591885464470.png

- 80% of men are less attractive than medium
- 13% are medium
- 7% are more attractive than medium, of which 5% are somewhat more attractive and 2% are much more attractive but still don't score top points
-- The % of men who score top points for attractiveness is too tiny to be statistically significant

So on OLD maybe 80% of guys are incels or nearcels who live in a polyandry-like state fighting over the bottom tier of women, 13% can work to pick up the castoffs and scraps from the 7% (as you imply with your comment about usually not getting your level), and 7% are living in polygynous harems like Ottoman sultans with most of the female population except the bottom tier.

Meanwhile with men...

1591885690123.png

Perfect bell curve.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting too that there is a second uneven distribution in the 20%, as someone who likes statistics.

View attachment 4266

- 80% of men are less attractive than medium
- 13% are medium
- 7% are more attractive than medium, of which 5% are somewhat more attractive and 2% are much more attractive but still don't score top points
-- The % of men who score top points for attractiveness is too tiny to be statistically significant

So on OLD maybe 80% of guys are incels or nearcels who live in a polyandry-like state fighting over the bottom tier of women, 13% can work to pick up the castoffs and scraps from the 7% (as you imply with your comment about usually not getting your level), and 7% are living in polygynous harems like Ottoman sultans with most of the female population except the bottom tier.

Meanwhile with men...

View attachment 4267

Perfect bell curve.
Okay dork. You've run the numbers. Time to close the laptop and get out there. :rofl:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
better off using a service that interviews. There used to be one that resulted in dates.
On here I read members Dash Riprock and BeExcellent talk highly of 'Its Just Lunch' matchmaking service but that was older posts and it was in the States.
It's Just Lunch and a few other matchmaker services are notorious for advertising in the in-flight magazine of the major airlines. They were still doing it as of flights I took in 2018-2019.

It's Just Lunch has a horrid reputation.

Personalized matchmakers as a whole don't have a great reputation. Most are pretty expensive. If a guy becomes a client of a matchmaking firm, he's looking at an outlay of somewhere like $7,000 - $20,000. It is a better use of $7,000 - $20,000 to hire a top tier personal trainer and get into spectacular shape. Maybe use part of that sum for tennis lessons too, which can increase your fitness and maybe put you in contact with tennis playing females if you're so interested. Dance classes could be a possibility too.

I don't understand this thing where guys complain about OLD and social media yet they keep going back to it.

I think that the biggest problem most men have is that they refuse to use common sense.
Here's why men who have bad experiences with swipe apps (for older men, maybe the legacy website era things like Match and OurTime) keep going back.

They have no other options.

They likely have weak social networks. Cold apporaching is difficult. It takes a lot of effort to cold approach enough women to get a date. So, you'll see a guy not devote enough time to cold approaching, and he has a few approach sessions go bad. Maybe he goes to social bvll**** social events like a charity mixer or a block party in a park and these don't amount to squat. Suddenly, 3 months have elapsed since he got off the swipe app and he's had no dates.

He'll come crawling back to the apps with his tail between his legs.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
aww.
Maybe sell and move to higher population. More rejected cold approaches but also higher success opportunities.
20, 000? Forget it if its over 200 or 300 for these matchmakers....I didn't know.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matching on tinder doesnt look any different than cold approaching nowadays, its all about how much rapport you can build before the first interaction is over.

Most of the times no further interaction happens after the first one, a slightly higher chance if phone numbers are given.

At this point cold approach seems less of a hassle and you can see what you are getting.

Btw is it me or nose rings are getting epidemic online?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I see a flaw in most men's tactics when it comes to OLD. Most of you know that I met my gorgeous, young-looking and well-balanced fiance on OLD. There is a myth that no quality women are on OLD, but the fact is that there is a tiny percentage of quality women on there. What motivates them to try OLD? Their friends. These women go out with losers who are in fact beneath them, men whom they can't possibly look up to, and hence they spend a lot of time alone. Eventually their friends talk them into trying OLD.

So how to you catch one of these fleeting shooting stars? First of all, are you a man that a woman can look up to and admire? If not, I have no advice for you except to suggest that you take the hammer and chisel to yourself and do the painful work required to make yourself into such a man. You do not have to be perfect. Such a man is reasonably fit, has leadership tendencies, conveys conviction, conveys self-respect in his clothing, and provides fun and humor to those with whom he comes in contact. Make it so that people feel safe and relaxed in the midst of your strength.

Now for those of you who have that covered, here's the golden secret of OLD:

Make a profile that will attract ONE woman. Your ideal woman. DO NOT go for quantity. Go for quality. Write a profile that will turn away women you don't want, but that will attract that ONE woman who you would be proud to be with. Post that profile, and STOP browsing profiles. Instead, let her come to you. You are putting this bait out there that was designed to catch that one hungry fish, that one "keeper". If you are a man who can make himself reasonably attractive in at least one picture, and can write a profile that conveys class, humor, manliness, and convictions, you will get nibbles from higher class women who have allowed their friends to talk them into trying OLD. These are not ugly washed-up hags, but rather pretty, well-put together and submissive women. They come and go like shooting stars and you have to catch them during their brief appearance on OLD.

To nutshell it for the skimmers out there, the secret to success is to write a profile that will scare away the riff-raff (the 98%) and will attract that ONE woman who you want. DO NOT write to generally attract lots of women. Write to attract the one you want. EXCLUDE and REJECT the others. Don't browse profiles. Set your bait and wait. She will arrive in time.

Write for ONE, not for many.
I'm pretty much through with online dating at this point, but the few successes I had were all the result of women contacting me first. In my experience the woman has to invest in you first. Average Joe's like me can't snipe online. I have some unique hobbies and interests that real in a babe once in a blue moon. The last lay I got from online dating was because a woman saw a quote from an obscure movie from the 1950's in my profile. Turns out she was really into black and white era films and we hit it off. This was on OK Cupid before they went to the swipe format and you could still message anyone. The big problems I see today are having to swipe on a womans profile giving her validation and an ego boost before any connection can be made. Tinder, Bumble, and Facebook dating were completely useless for me.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can we copy and paste your profile seeing you are not using OLD any more?

I have heard your line of thought. By showing contrasts you are avoiding pidgeon holing and the same issue is that a Chad with no profile has allot of women while your well thought profile might attract someone (who you may or may not like) but you are still operating in scarcity and are more.on edge if it does not work out.

Yours did.work out and you found a quality womeb. But unless you are married for over a year and a major conflict has come that you both worked through then you still dont know if she is really comitted. After all she can just put up another online profile and she will get lots of attention. Puts more pressure on us to keep the girl happy and never get in conflicts, never even snap at her otherwise you could lose her.
I don’t think profile is important on OLD. Sometimes, as a joke, I put nonsense in my bio & still got matches. Just put up good selfies. Most girls don’t read bios.