Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ok, you asked for it: My Workout Regimen (98% of you won't do it)

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to share my personal workout/diet principles. They are rather simple. I don't say it is superior to what Dash posted in his original post, but it's maybe simpler. I fully agree with him that motivation and self discipline are the key factors that decide about your success.

I'm 42 years old. Had my ups and downs in terms of shape and fitness. Never been extremely overweight, but became more and more lazy during the last years and had a lot of excuses. I didn't eat junk all day, but the little things added up: Office job, several bottles of beer 1-2 times a week, sweets here, ice cream there, like 2 times a week in the gym but without a real plan or purpose. That was sufficient to not become extremely overweight, but over the years it added up to 30 extra lbs.

Since March I:
- eat as "clean" as possible. Whatever I can make by myself, I do. Try to avoid industry food. No junk food. Limit things like sugar, wheat, sausages, etc. Prepare your meals in advance.
- no alcohol, no sweets.
- drink only water or coffee.
- get up early. You will probably have to go to bed earlier as well, but what important things do you do after 10 pm anyway?
- have at least 1 sports activity each day. Don't do the same everyday but pick several kinds of activities that you like and rotate. If you can, include lifting weights a few times a week. My current rotation: lifting (3 split, almost every day for an hour), running (2-3 times a week, right now it's only 8km, in Spring/Summer it was 20-40+ km but I recommend long runs only if you actually want to lose weight not while building muscles), martial arts (2 times a week), cycling (2-3 times a week). Right now, I do 2 activities of roughly an hour each day. I don't think that I'll keep this intensity permanently, but 1 hour per day should be the rule.

That's all. Eat clean, avoid alcohol, sweets and junk. Get up early and do at least 1 hour of sports every day. It takes discipline, but after a while it becomes a lifestyle. Build your life around things that in the end make you better. Not on instant gratifications like alcohol. Be patient and be proud of yourself.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here goes Justin Gatlin running 9.89 at 38 yrs old.

Darrell Greene clocked 4.41 sec 40 yd for his 50th birthday. Hardly trained. He was a 4.1-4.2 guy in the league.

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes! Not everything was bad during that time. One of the reasons I started during Corona was that I thought: If I still have excuses now, I'll always have excuses.

U

user43770

I just got home from squats. I do deadlifts as well. Once a week. Form becomes so important.

As I do mostly German volume training, 10x10 with 30 seconds rests, its important to maintain form when you start to fatigue. If you feel it slipping, you stop. The next week you can shoot to get all ten sets in and then go up in weight the following week.

Right now I’m sitting here feeling incredible. I’m delaying eating so I can continue the “man juice” feeling. When I start to feel my body “draw in”, I will eat. I interval fasted since last night and it’s around 6:15 pm now. So I will slam some eggs and a protein mix shake. Life is good.
10x10 is very impressive, especially for your age.

I limit myself to 2 heavy sets of each exercise per week, as I've learned that 3, 4 and 5 sets don't make any difference for me.

That's one of the benefits of lifting for a long time: you learn what your body responds to.

I do incorporate some light sets of squats and bench throughout the week, more for flexibility and muscle memory than anything else.

U

user43770

@TheFinalLine

I've been intermittent fasting for the past 10 years. Makes losing weight a lot easier, but bulking up is more difficult, so i cheat a bit on the hours. 16 hours fasted and 8 eating is what i shoot for.

U

user43770

I don't eat as healthy as i used to, but one of things that has stuck with me over the years is counting calories. Because of this, I've never fluctuated in weight much, unless i wanted to.