Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ok, you asked for it: My Workout Regimen (98% of you won't do it)

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I applaud Dash's discipline and his results definitely show. :up:

I know genetics has a factor in it as well as lifestyle. I personally have 3 kids and a family so I do what works for me in my lifestyle and time that I have. I also like food a lot(live to eat rather than eat to live...) so having a six pack is all but a mirage to me and something I don't aspire to achieve. I also think sustainability in the long run is very important(treating it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet or regimen). I'm 48(despite what my profile says) so I have age working against me so the types and frequencies of the excercise is targeted for me to reduce any chances of injury. Lasty, I'm just a lazy @ss mofo and try to get the max for the min where I can. LOL

So my alternate guide is for people like me which I'll share here. It may or may not work for some but it doesn't hurt to try if you aren't in a position to follow Dash's. It's pretty simple to follow and isn't an exact recipe. More of a guideline...

I truly believe staying healthy(not built necessarily) requires 75% nutrition and 25% workouts expecially the older you get.

75% (2% supplements) - geared towards keeping your testosterone as high as possible through natural means.
Biggest things:
- Little to no alcohol - everyone thinks the heart is the most important and it is to survive but the liver is what determines how you live, regulating over 500 body functions.
- Little to no processed foods - the fewer and the least artificial ingredients, the better(think more like a paleo diet style)
- Natural sugars only, no High Fructose Corn syrup - Just cutting out soda's can definitely trim you down. Natural sugars can be processed more efficiently and get out of your system. Say no to Diet drinks which are even worse regardless of the marketing term "diet".
- Minimize carbs - processed carbs like chips, cakes, pastry, breads will do more damage than others. Best carbs are natural like Rice and Potatoes. You can eat pizza, pastas sparingly like once a week. Some amount of carbs are needed though as your body needs it to regulate insulin levels and that's the reason why I don't think a full strict Keto diet is natural or sustainable.
- No fast food places - I think this one is self explanatory but if you find yourself at one always get the grilled option or anything that isn't fried.
- No fried foods
- No eating late nights
- Eat on a regular schedule consistently
- Sleep consistently and try to get 7 hours
- Supplements
- I've tried to minimize the amount of supplements as it can not only be costly but a huge upkeep if you have to keep up with a lot of them and I haven't found a huge difference to justify it. A good multi-vitamin(I personally like Rainbow brand), Vitamin D on cloudy days or over winter, D-aspartic acid(I use 2-3 weeks on and 1-2 weeksk off). This last one may or may not work for everyone.

- Do eat: Egg Yolks(good cholesterol), Red meat(healthy fats), Macadamia and Brazil nuts, Olive and coconut oils, fish(omega 3 oils), vegetables(green mainly), oatmeal, fruits, beans, dark chocolate, rice, potatoes, etc. All these will help maintain testosterone levels.

- Don't eat: Any soy products, test out Vitamin D milk to see if you notice weight gains

I pretty much follow these and don't really have any kind of regiment or diet. It's a sustainable lifestyle change for me and easy.

25% Workouts
The older you get the smarter you have to workout as you're no longer built like a 20yo. This focuses on minimizing workout injury due to age and more worn out joints. This means less weight but more reps. I've been just doing at home workouts for the past 2 years on a simple inclineable weight bench and Bowflex dumbells. My goal is to just maintain what I've got. If you're goal is to get really built, then you'll need a lot heavier weights.

Since I'm lazy but also have kids, I try to be efficient where I can. My workout consists of working out every other day for only 30-45min max. I take little time in between my sets so that I treat it more as a HIIT or circuit training style to keep my heart rate up. I also do excercises that target multiple muscle groups at once(the time and lazy side) such as bench press and squats. Also technique is very important, more so than the amount of weights IMO.
My typical workout(all with 15-18 reps):
3 sets of bench press
3 sets of shoulder press
3 sets of rows
3 sets of butterflies
3 sets of bicep curls
3 sets of squats
3 sets of bicycle crunches
3 sets of leg lifts

I briskly walk 1-2 miles per day
I'll do a series of sprints 1-2 times per week.
I don't do tread mill or long distance running(it has been shown to raise cortisol levels) but simply I just don't like it.

I think Dash's workout is great for those that can. For those that can't, there are always alternatives. Most importantly, do trial and error and see what works for your body/genetics/lifestyle. :up:

Attachments

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to do longer sprints, for months I've done very short ones while running a 3 mile (I usually start the sprints about a third into the 3-mile to ensure I'm not gonna pull anything even though the 3-mile starts in the middle of a 2-hr jumprope/HIIT/ab-workout routine where I am already in a soaked-shirt condition). I'm concerned that if I sprint longer that my shoe(s) may fall off, will try today though (it's on a busy road where I start sprinting and so the cars that drive by will be seeing this 40s year old flying down the sidewalk. I am most definitely faster in my 40s than I ever was in my teens and 20s or 30s (because my legs are fully muscularized, mainly due to the jumprope and my work of 15 years).
At the last fourth of the 3-mile run I'll stop and hop on the monkey bars at the park nearby my house, for pullups/chinups. It's not idea cause the bars are too fat - can't get my hands completely around them so it's almost as if I'm lifting with my fingers at the end of the reps. Really need better bars to reach my full potential - would like to get up to 20 reps one day.
Anyway, starting my 3 hr in a couple of minutes now (this takes up a huge chunk of my day, oh well)...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to do longer sprints, for months I've done very short ones while running a 3 mile (I usually start the sprints about a third into the 3-mile to ensure I'm not gonna pull anything even though the 3-mile starts in the middle of a 2-hr jumprope/HIIT/ab-workout routine where I am already in a soaked-shirt condition). I'm concerned that if I sprint longer that my shoe(s) may fall off, will try today though (it's on a busy road where I start sprinting and so the cars that drive by will be seeing this 40s year old flying down the sidewalk. I am most definitely faster in my 40s than I ever was in my teens and 20s or 30s (because my legs are fully muscularized, mainly due to the jumprope and my work of 15 years).
At the last fourth of the 3-mile run I'll stop and hop on the monkey bars at the park nearby my house, for pullups/chinups. It's not idea cause the bars are too fat - can't get my hands completely around them so it's almost as if I'm lifting with my fingers at the end of the reps. Really need better bars to reach my full potential - would like to get up to 20 reps one day.
Anyway, starting my 3 hr in a couple of minutes now (this takes up a huge chunk of my day, oh well)...
Linsford Christie ran 9.91 at 41. Justin Gatlin ran 9.86 at 38. So as long as you "stay into it" you can keep most of your speed. And if you never developed your max speed it can be grown..

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

TyTe`EyEz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That plan will not work for natural athletes. It's too much isolation work and the training frequency of twice a day, seven days per week is just ludicrous. I'm also skeptical of any plan that promises to get recreational athletes ripped that doesn't include squats and deadlifts.
You're talking about the ugly friends of muscles lol. Squats and deadlifts won't get you laid, but they will make you a pound for pound beast. They're also good for overall flexibility and health.

I used to hate squats and deadlifts, and I still do somewhat, but they make feel great after. There's nothing like setting a PB in one of those

ShePays

Banned
Reaction score
You're talking about the ugly friends of muscles lol. Squats and deadlifts won't get you laid, but they will make you a pound for pound beast. They're also good for overall flexibility and health.

I used to hate squats and deadlifts, and I still do somewhat, but they make feel great after. There's nothing like setting a PB in one of those
Squats, done properly, are possibly the best single resistance exercise for men's health.

Add farmer carries, wind sprints, overhead press, and pullups, and that's probably the minimalist's dream 5 exercises for optimal masculine fitness and health.

Throw in dead lifts, if you don't get carried away, because the benefits aren't worth the high injury rate. Rowing machine is probably a safer substitute.

Most everything else can be accomplished in aesthetic isolations.

TyTe`EyEz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats, done properly, are possibly the best single resistance exercise for men's health.

Add farmer carries, wind sprints, overhead press, and pullups, and that's probably the minimalist's dream 5 exercises for optimal masculine fitness and health.

Throw in dead lifts, if you don't get carried away, because the benefits aren't worth the high injury rate. Rowing machine is probably a safer substitute.

I'm a minimalist in life. Maybe not a coincidence that I lift the same way. Squats, deads, bench, chins, military press, pendlay row.

All in the garage, because I hate working out around people

TyTe`EyEz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, curls are probably the exercise I hate the most. Followed by calves. I'd rather hit a quick, heavy set of squats than either of those sh1ts.

Pretty sure i recently got tennis elbow from doing barbell curls

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I attached a picture of my "brunch" meal today.
I remember you posting a picture of a meal before, a good while back. What is on that avocado, hummus? I love avocados (I just eat them plain), but I absolutely hate hummus, and chickpeas in general. I remember your last picture of a meal because it had an avocado on it also, and I kept wondering what was on the avocado. Was it butter or olive oil? I'm guessing olive oil.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PEDs. Justin Gatlin has been faster in his 30s than when he was caught doping in his 20s
They can't use "that much" roids in track. So when they caught him he was under the T:E ratio allowable, but it was something else. Most of them are doing what they can to slide under that 4:1...

TheFinalLine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I just got home from squats. I do deadlifts as well. Once a week. Form becomes so important.

As I do mostly German volume training, 10x10 with 30 seconds rests, its important to maintain form when you start to fatigue. If you feel it slipping, you stop. The next week you can shoot to get all ten sets in and then go up in weight the following week.

Right now I’m sitting here feeling incredible. I’m delaying eating so I can continue the “man juice” feeling. When I start to feel my body “draw in”, I will eat. I interval fasted since last night and it’s around 6:15 pm now. So I will slam some eggs and a protein mix shake. Life is good.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember you posting a picture of a meal before, a good while back. What is on that avocado, hummus? I love avocados (I just eat them plain), but I absolutely hate hummus, and chickpeas in general. I remember your last picture of a meal because it had an avocado on it also, and I kept wondering what was on the avocado. Was it butter or olive oil? I'm guessing olive oil.
It's hummus on the avocado. Hummus is a really nutrient-dense food that's also an excellent cancer fighter.

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to share my personal workout/diet principles. They are rather simple. I don't say it is superior to what Dash posted in his original post, but it's maybe simpler. I fully agree with him that motivation and self discipline are the key factors that decide about your success.

I'm 42 years old. Had my ups and downs in terms of shape and fitness. Never been extremely overweight, but became more and more lazy during the last years and had a lot of excuses. I didn't eat junk all day, but the little things added up: Office job, several bottles of beer 1-2 times a week, sweets here, ice cream there, like 2 times a week in the gym but without a real plan or purpose. That was sufficient to not become extremely overweight, but over the years it added up to 30 extra lbs.

Since March I:
- eat as "clean" as possible. Whatever I can make by myself, I do. Try to avoid industry food. No junk food. Limit things like sugar, wheat, sausages, etc. Prepare your meals in advance.
- no alcohol, no sweets.
- drink only water or coffee.
- get up early. You will probably have to go to bed earlier as well, but what important things do you do after 10 pm anyway?
- have at least 1 sports activity each day. Don't do the same everyday but pick several kinds of activities that you like and rotate. If you can, include lifting weights a few times a week. My current rotation: lifting (3 split, almost every day for an hour), running (2-3 times a week, right now it's only 8km, in Spring/Summer it was 20-40+ km but I recommend long runs only if you actually want to lose weight not while building muscles), martial arts (2 times a week), cycling (2-3 times a week). Right now, I do 2 activities of roughly an hour each day. I don't think that I'll keep this intensity permanently, but 1 hour per day should be the rule.

That's all. Eat clean, avoid alcohol, sweets and junk. Get up early and do at least 1 hour of sports every day. It takes discipline, but after a while it becomes a lifestyle. Build your life around things that in the end make you better. Not on instant gratifications like alcohol. Be patient and be proud of yourself.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here goes Justin Gatlin running 9.89 at 38 yrs old.

Darrell Greene clocked 4.41 sec 40 yd for his 50th birthday. Hardly trained. He was a 4.1-4.2 guy in the league.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes! Not everything was bad during that time. One of the reasons I started during Corona was that I thought: If I still have excuses now, I'll always have excuses.

Lynx nkaf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry that was Tom Platz at 65. Look at the skin on his thighs.

Gatlin vs Coleman
a man is strong when he's got thighs like Platz' thighs. Fascinating to see the muscles move under his skin