Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ok, you asked for it: My Workout Regimen (98% of you won't do it)

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it dash. A lot of work. I dated a gymnastics coach some years ago. She was actually in some fitness mags. Very cut and very lean.
She let me in on a little secret as she was a dietician too.
She said the industry sells big dollars but in reality genetics plays more then 50% genetics on your look and muscle tone.
Not saying don't go to the gym but to get as lean as you at your age is not something most can do so your 98% in your title is a bit misleading.
Its a big dollar industry selling ppl a lot of bs in Some areas.

My dad is 74 and when he was 50 he was fairly lean like yourself. I have those genes but ill continue to just do my workouts. What your doing is over the top. Lol ill stick to music for now
So true... there is NOTHING you can do about genetics and age. I will NEVER have a perfect "V" shaped upper torso... never. My torso is barrel shaped... I do not have a big belly, but my core muscles are larger than average, my father and both my brothers are all barrel chested. None of us would ever make good candidates as body builders. Having a strong core is really important, great for balance especially martial arts or sports where balance is important, but it's not the 'perfect' body shape. I would have killed myself in a gym trying to be something that would have been impossible.

On age... I will never again look the way I did in my 30s... again, I would just kill myself if I tried now.

You really just have to live and own the fact that you should be the best you can be, and be okay with it.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
See avatar. I’ve thought about posting a pic where you can see my body better...but as much as I might like to (because I look good) I don’t think it’s especially wise, being a chick on a men’s forum and such.

The sprints are the secret. Sometimes I’ll go hard enough to get nauseous but that’s counter productive so I back it off to 80%. I played soccer for years and also was a middle distance track athlete in school (400m, 800m, 1600m etc) and for years I was a pretty serious road racer at 5Ks and 10Ks.

My legs, particularly my calves are still very cut and the dancing helps too. Sprints are a breeze compared to hard core distance training & racing. The workouts are intense yes, require mental toughness, yes, but the burn is short lived and the workouts very brief comparatively speaking. Makes me focus and push. At my age I’m grateful my body is still performing at this level.

My timed mile used to be right at 5:00 flat going hard out...I know I’m not that fast anymore but I still push and the exercise feels great.

But like Dash said...diet is paramount.
See avatar. I’ve thought about posting a pic where you can see my body better...but as much as I might like to (because I look good) I don’t think it’s especially wise, being a chick on a men’s forum and such.

The sprints are the secret. Sometimes I’ll go hard enough to get nauseous but that’s counter productive so I back it off to 80%. I played soccer for years and also was a middle distance track athlete in school (400m, 800m, 1600m etc) and for years I was a pretty serious road racer at 5Ks and 10Ks.

My legs, particularly my calves are still very cut and the dancing helps too. Sprints are a breeze compared to hard core distance training & racing. The workouts are intense yes, require mental toughness, yes, but the burn is short lived and the workouts very brief comparatively speaking. Makes me focus and push. At my age I’m grateful my body is still performing at this level.

My timed mile used to be right at 5:00 flat going hard out...I know I’m not that fast anymore but I still push and the exercise feels great.

But like Dash said...diet is paramount.

oh true , it did cross my mind . that avatar pic looks professionally taken.

isnt the 400 m sprint like a minute long?? it just seems crazy to sprint that long , or do you pace yourself?

yeah diet is important , without that your look wont change even if you build up some fitness .
i like to have champagne but 1 bottle turns to 2 so i have to be careful with that.

Last edited:

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
Lol dude im lean and mean and dont need to workout like a baffoon. Remember the extremes are not were to go and yes Genetics is huge.
Ive said over and over work with what you were born with.

Some have to do more but this overly hyped chistle head shyt to get women is also its own fallacy.

Do keep in mind that the modern push for body builder type bodies is not that old.
Men used to be naturally lean because they were active.
Genetics with the topic of muscle is huge.
Why do you think that a small percent of athletes actually make it to the NFL?
Genetics +hardwork+ talent.

The industry likes to put pics of dash type bods on bottles and tells the fat kid he can look like this when in fact he can only reach a percent of it. Guys that think other wise are being duped.
the genetics only make it easier you can out-train and out-diet not so good genetics .

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh true , it did cross my mind . that avatar pic looks professionally taken.

isnt the 400 m sprint like a minute long?? it just seems crazy to sprint that long , or do you pace yourself?

yeah diet is important , without that your look wont change even if you build up some fitness .
i like to have champagne but 1 bottle turns to 2 so i have to be careful with that.
Yes. It’s a professionally taken photo...but it is the unretouched proof so that is the actual image the camera took with good lighting & a white backdrop. So the image is unaltered.

Those are my own personal clothes & heels. And that’s my real hair, which is to my waist. I’m stunned how often I get asked about if I have extensions. I used to be like WTF? Now I’m used to being asked. It’s just kinda funny.

The 400m is generally considered the longest of the sprints in track & field...You have to race it such that you pace yourself on the front end to have acceleration & kick on the back end...& keep that oxygen flowing with proper breathing. Its a grueling race. I always had a love/hate relationship with it, lol. I keep to 100y and 200y for my sprints now days. No need to unduly punish myself, lol for trying to keep fit.

A fast man will run 400m in under a minute. Usually in the 50-60 seconds range unless he’s a very elite athlete. Women can run it in a little over a minute...again with the very elite athletes running faster. I used to be able to run about 1:05 to 1:10 on the 400, which is respectable but no way I could run that now...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you can Know your genetics from grade school competition, say at recess and soccer, basketball etc. You Know who the kids who are naturally good, you know the pecking order, the ranking. It isn't a "social" thing but a shear observation based on performance. I was 3rd or 4th among the 12 or so boys in my class. The 1st was a do-it-all straight-A, sports, music, Everything this Scottish kid excelled in. He was the coolest and the more adept. His father was Airforce and already starting his lucrative healthcare business and today I'm sure they have millions (from working SMARTER not necessarily harder). Both he and his dad (who he works for) though are not married. His dad employs hottest of hot healthcare women/salespersons. From birth to death, these are the elite.

I my best friend was 2nd-best in sports - talking aggression, coordination, toughness (could take the hits in football..in the air knocked all around wind knocked out running the ball - I never ran the ball and was good as linebacker and tight-end). Both #1 an #2 in my class were shorter than me though, just superior in speed and coordination, but not by far in coordination. I was born with a twisted bowel and did not find this out until I became 38 years of age and had to undergo emergency surgery (or I'd have died like my great grandfather had died at 45 years old when out on a farm he couldn't get immediate care or even correct care if he were closeby - he was an alpha-dog though then fathering 10 children from the same woman, and a philanderizer, like a rabbit, on the side). I had a condition that I didn't know about all through my sports dabbling growing up. I knew something was slowing me down, but what? cause I sure-as-sh!t had the MIND to make the shots, carry/throw the ball. I had my dad's mentality (Marine aggression and accuracy), just a limiting factor none us knew about that would not show up on X-rays cause I never needed an X-ray, doctor visits few and far between in my youth.

Anyway, this topic um about to start my workout in 3, 2, 1...3 hr workout, then yard work to lose even more weight, not up for it, but I must, and if I fvck a gal tonight I'll be ever more the tireder doing it - when I was younger it wouldn't matter

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im curious however about your life conditions cause it clearly would come harder to most men, I believe you dont live in a big city that oppresses you with tight space and traffic, also are you married or single? I believe most women would turn ape to have their men to dedicate so much time and focus on himself.
When I was 18-22, I was 5'7 and maybe 135# dripping wet. I really didn't have muscular or body building genetics, so I did it all the (very) hard way. I lifted a little in college and then once I graduated really got into the gym on a regular basis. That mindset stayed with me until I moved to Colorado in 1998 where I kicked it up a notch; more gym and more cardio. Plus, where I live running, hiking, biking is the norm. I live in a Colorado city of about 100,000 that is home to many Olympic athletes and pro bikers and triathletes. So the fitness mentality permeates my living situation which helps.

To answer @Who Dares Win post, I choose my women based on two major criteria: 1) Attractiveness - I need to be physically attracted to my partner. Some is genetics but more is how they treat their body. BTW, attitude is part of attractiveness to me. 2) Lifestyle - health and fitness is far and away #1 here along with their thoughts on money, kids, goals, career.

So the women I choose to date and would consider for a LTR have to have the same fitness mindset I do. I wouldn't even get involved with a woman that didn't share fitness as a priority so asking me about time involvement and if my woman goes "ape" over my dedication, it's a moot issue because I wouldn't be with someone like that in the first place.

You do have a choice of who you commit to.

Case in point: My last LTR a few years ago (lasted 9 years) is someone I met at my gym. On dates, we hiked, biked, cooked together, and worked out. Eventually, we lived together and "us" time was based largely around hiking, biking, running, and working out together. So we supported each other in our fitness goals. And she looked really good too, her body was 9/10. We just couldn't make it work long, long term and eventually broke up. But 9 years is a long time for any relationship. No regrets.

So to this day, the woman I decide to date full time needs to have a strong component of fitness in her life--period--or it won't work between us.

Hope that helps.

Also, I attached a picture of my "brunch" meal today. I hiked about 2.5 miles with the dog at 9:30 AM, got home and argued politics with some friends over text lol, made my meal, and finished eating about an hour later. I'll wait another two hours and then run my 2 miles and then hit the garage gym for a 90 minute workout. Then, I'll have a power shake and a big dinner; around 2200 calories, good protein, and less than 100 grams of carbs for the day.

Attachments

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 400m is generally considered the longest of the sprints in track & field...You have to race it such that you pace yourself on the front end to have acceleration & kick on the back end...& keep that oxygen flowing with proper breathing. Its a grueling race. I always had a love/hate relationship with it, lol. I keep to 100y and 200y for my sprints now days. No need to unduly punish myself, lol for trying to keep fit.

A fast man will run 400m in under a minute. Usually in the 50-60 seconds range unless he’s a very elite athlete. Women can run it in a little over a minute...again with the very elite athletes running faster. I used to be able to run about 1:05 to 1:10 on the 400, which is respectable but no way I could run that now...
Yeah I ran track and still do the outdoor spring workouts at my local track. 400 meter is definitely a sprint.

I train on 200 meters sprints. Interestingly, The 400 meter was found to be about 60/40 anaerobic / aerobic for men (Women were about 5-10% more aerobic) and the 200 was 70/30. Nothing shreds the body like those longer sprints.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I ran track and still do the outdoor spring workouts at my local track. 400 meter is definitely a sprint.

I train on 200 meters sprints. Interestingly, The 400 meter was found to be about 60/40 anaerobic / aerobic for men (Women were about 5-10% more aerobic) and the 200 was 70/30. Nothing shreds the body like those longer sprints.
It really makes your muscles "pop" and seperation like nothing else?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I applaud Dash's discipline and his results definitely show. :up:

I know genetics has a factor in it as well as lifestyle. I personally have 3 kids and a family so I do what works for me in my lifestyle and time that I have. I also like food a lot(live to eat rather than eat to live...) so having a six pack is all but a mirage to me and something I don't aspire to achieve. I also think sustainability in the long run is very important(treating it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet or regimen). I'm 48(despite what my profile says) so I have age working against me so the types and frequencies of the excercise is targeted for me to reduce any chances of injury. Lasty, I'm just a lazy @ss mofo and try to get the max for the min where I can. LOL

So my alternate guide is for people like me which I'll share here. It may or may not work for some but it doesn't hurt to try if you aren't in a position to follow Dash's. It's pretty simple to follow and isn't an exact recipe. More of a guideline...

I truly believe staying healthy(not built necessarily) requires 75% nutrition and 25% workouts expecially the older you get.

75% (2% supplements) - geared towards keeping your testosterone as high as possible through natural means.
Biggest things:
- Little to no alcohol - everyone thinks the heart is the most important and it is to survive but the liver is what determines how you live, regulating over 500 body functions.
- Little to no processed foods - the fewer and the least artificial ingredients, the better(think more like a paleo diet style)
- Natural sugars only, no High Fructose Corn syrup - Just cutting out soda's can definitely trim you down. Natural sugars can be processed more efficiently and get out of your system. Say no to Diet drinks which are even worse regardless of the marketing term "diet".
- Minimize carbs - processed carbs like chips, cakes, pastry, breads will do more damage than others. Best carbs are natural like Rice and Potatoes. You can eat pizza, pastas sparingly like once a week. Some amount of carbs are needed though as your body needs it to regulate insulin levels and that's the reason why I don't think a full strict Keto diet is natural or sustainable.
- No fast food places - I think this one is self explanatory but if you find yourself at one always get the grilled option or anything that isn't fried.
- No fried foods
- No eating late nights
- Eat on a regular schedule consistently
- Sleep consistently and try to get 7 hours
- Supplements
- I've tried to minimize the amount of supplements as it can not only be costly but a huge upkeep if you have to keep up with a lot of them and I haven't found a huge difference to justify it. A good multi-vitamin(I personally like Rainbow brand), Vitamin D on cloudy days or over winter, D-aspartic acid(I use 2-3 weeks on and 1-2 weeksk off). This last one may or may not work for everyone.

- Do eat: Egg Yolks(good cholesterol), Red meat(healthy fats), Macadamia and Brazil nuts, Olive and coconut oils, fish(omega 3 oils), vegetables(green mainly), oatmeal, fruits, beans, dark chocolate, rice, potatoes, etc. All these will help maintain testosterone levels.

- Don't eat: Any soy products, test out Vitamin D milk to see if you notice weight gains

I pretty much follow these and don't really have any kind of regiment or diet. It's a sustainable lifestyle change for me and easy.

25% Workouts
The older you get the smarter you have to workout as you're no longer built like a 20yo. This focuses on minimizing workout injury due to age and more worn out joints. This means less weight but more reps. I've been just doing at home workouts for the past 2 years on a simple inclineable weight bench and Bowflex dumbells. My goal is to just maintain what I've got. If you're goal is to get really built, then you'll need a lot heavier weights.

Since I'm lazy but also have kids, I try to be efficient where I can. My workout consists of working out every other day for only 30-45min max. I take little time in between my sets so that I treat it more as a HIIT or circuit training style to keep my heart rate up. I also do excercises that target multiple muscle groups at once(the time and lazy side) such as bench press and squats. Also technique is very important, more so than the amount of weights IMO.
My typical workout(all with 15-18 reps):
3 sets of bench press
3 sets of shoulder press
3 sets of rows
3 sets of butterflies
3 sets of bicep curls
3 sets of squats
3 sets of bicycle crunches
3 sets of leg lifts

I briskly walk 1-2 miles per day
I'll do a series of sprints 1-2 times per week.
I don't do tread mill or long distance running(it has been shown to raise cortisol levels) but simply I just don't like it.

I think Dash's workout is great for those that can. For those that can't, there are always alternatives. Most importantly, do trial and error and see what works for your body/genetics/lifestyle. :up:

Attachments

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to do longer sprints, for months I've done very short ones while running a 3 mile (I usually start the sprints about a third into the 3-mile to ensure I'm not gonna pull anything even though the 3-mile starts in the middle of a 2-hr jumprope/HIIT/ab-workout routine where I am already in a soaked-shirt condition). I'm concerned that if I sprint longer that my shoe(s) may fall off, will try today though (it's on a busy road where I start sprinting and so the cars that drive by will be seeing this 40s year old flying down the sidewalk. I am most definitely faster in my 40s than I ever was in my teens and 20s or 30s (because my legs are fully muscularized, mainly due to the jumprope and my work of 15 years).
At the last fourth of the 3-mile run I'll stop and hop on the monkey bars at the park nearby my house, for pullups/chinups. It's not idea cause the bars are too fat - can't get my hands completely around them so it's almost as if I'm lifting with my fingers at the end of the reps. Really need better bars to reach my full potential - would like to get up to 20 reps one day.
Anyway, starting my 3 hr in a couple of minutes now (this takes up a huge chunk of my day, oh well)...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I need to do longer sprints, for months I've done very short ones while running a 3 mile (I usually start the sprints about a third into the 3-mile to ensure I'm not gonna pull anything even though the 3-mile starts in the middle of a 2-hr jumprope/HIIT/ab-workout routine where I am already in a soaked-shirt condition). I'm concerned that if I sprint longer that my shoe(s) may fall off, will try today though (it's on a busy road where I start sprinting and so the cars that drive by will be seeing this 40s year old flying down the sidewalk. I am most definitely faster in my 40s than I ever was in my teens and 20s or 30s (because my legs are fully muscularized, mainly due to the jumprope and my work of 15 years).
At the last fourth of the 3-mile run I'll stop and hop on the monkey bars at the park nearby my house, for pullups/chinups. It's not idea cause the bars are too fat - can't get my hands completely around them so it's almost as if I'm lifting with my fingers at the end of the reps. Really need better bars to reach my full potential - would like to get up to 20 reps one day.
Anyway, starting my 3 hr in a couple of minutes now (this takes up a huge chunk of my day, oh well)...
Linsford Christie ran 9.91 at 41. Justin Gatlin ran 9.86 at 38. So as long as you "stay into it" you can keep most of your speed. And if you never developed your max speed it can be grown..

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Linsford Christie ran 9.91 at 41. Justin Gatlin ran 9.86 at 38. So as long as you "stay into it" you can keep most of your speed. And if you never developed your max speed it can be grown..
PEDs. Justin Gatlin has been faster in his 30s than when he was caught doping in his 20s

Last edited:
U

user43770

That plan will not work for natural athletes. It's too much isolation work and the training frequency of twice a day, seven days per week is just ludicrous. I'm also skeptical of any plan that promises to get recreational athletes ripped that doesn't include squats and deadlifts.
You're talking about the ugly friends of muscles lol. Squats and deadlifts won't get you laid, but they will make you a pound for pound beast. They're also good for overall flexibility and health.

I used to hate squats and deadlifts, and I still do somewhat, but they make feel great after. There's nothing like setting a PB in one of those

U

user43770

Squats, done properly, are possibly the best single resistance exercise for men's health.

Add farmer carries, wind sprints, overhead press, and pullups, and that's probably the minimalist's dream 5 exercises for optimal masculine fitness and health.

Throw in dead lifts, if you don't get carried away, because the benefits aren't worth the high injury rate. Rowing machine is probably a safer substitute.

Most everything else can be accomplished in aesthetic isolations.
I'm a minimalist in life. Maybe not a coincidence that I lift the same way. Squats, deads, bench, chins, military press, pendlay row.

All in the garage, because I hate working out around people

U

user43770

Honestly, curls are probably the exercise I hate the most. Followed by calves. I'd rather hit a quick, heavy set of squats than either of those sh1ts.

Pretty sure i recently got tennis elbow from doing barbell curls

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I attached a picture of my "brunch" meal today.
I remember you posting a picture of a meal before, a good while back. What is on that avocado, hummus? I love avocados (I just eat them plain), but I absolutely hate hummus, and chickpeas in general. I remember your last picture of a meal because it had an avocado on it also, and I kept wondering what was on the avocado. Was it butter or olive oil? I'm guessing olive oil.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PEDs. Justin Gatlin has been faster in his 30s than when he was caught doping in his 20s
They can't use "that much" roids in track. So when they caught him he was under the T:E ratio allowable, but it was something else. Most of them are doing what they can to slide under that 4:1...

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember you posting a picture of a meal before, a good while back. What is on that avocado, hummus? I love avocados (I just eat them plain), but I absolutely hate hummus, and chickpeas in general. I remember your last picture of a meal because it had an avocado on it also, and I kept wondering what was on the avocado. Was it butter or olive oil? I'm guessing olive oil.
It's hummus on the avocado. Hummus is a really nutrient-dense food that's also an excellent cancer fighter.