Ok to eat once a day?

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question....

I am trying to lose weight and I have started to eat once a day. I usually eat a big mean at Dinner time and during the day I usually eat just a snack like yogurt or apeice of fruit, I do eat at lunch maybe a sandwich but other then that I eat at night. Is this good to do or am I doing something bad?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
conventional wisdom says its bad. eating six meals a day keeps your metabolism chugging along. eating one meal slows it down.

kabatura

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you feel? As far as fitness are you lacking? I have been known to have some kind of out there ideas about nutrition. Conventional wisdom says six meals a day, which I do that sort of thing. But a few decades ago medical studies showed that smoking was very healthy. I saw an old ad recently by the soft drink coalition or something saying it is good to start babies on a healthy regimine of soft drinks as early as possible.

Jesus said...at least once, probably more, usually when he healed someone, "according to your faith be it unto you". I used to write down everything I ate in highschool when I first started working out, senior year second half. I ate so much crap, sausage biscuits, pop tarts, cookies. I ate cereal all the time, Crap cereal, like fruit loops. People would say, all that sugar is bad for you, I said, it's good carbs to give my muscles energy to rebuild. I had freaking great abs and was gaining incredibly then. And yeah I actually did believe that the fruit loops were giving me valuable carbs.

Anyway, I think if its working for you keep it up.

Just to note, I think knowledge about nutrition is good. But I think our common sense, or maybe just instinct is very wonderful.

PurpleHaze

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I have a question....

I am trying to lose weight and I have started to eat once a day. I usually eat a big mean at Dinner time and during the day I usually eat just a snack like yogurt or apeice of fruit, I do eat at lunch maybe a sandwich but other then that I eat at night. Is this good to do or am I doing something bad?
That is horrible.

Try to eat more earlier in the day, and less at night.

You need to have breakfast so your metabolism gets started! Try to eat small portions and more frequently.

If you only eat once a day, your body is in "starvation" mode and it will just store the food as FAT.

If you eat more frequently, you train your body to burn the calories because it KNOWS you will get more in 3 hours.

Eat well balanced meals and don't try to starve yourself.

Good Luck :rock:

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohh ok..the reason is because I am not on a diet and just try to eat "Healthy." I am switching to wheat bread now and I eat lots of fruit and vegtables but during dinner time I usually eat whatever they make so that's why I am asking the question. I do work out and run so I am athletic and still young so I dont know if my behavior is bad or not, my bmi is 26.7 so it's pretty high for my size and that's why I am trying to lose weight is there anything I can eat so it will go down because I seen some diets and it's usally just eggs and shake which sounds kinda boring.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I have a question....

You poor soul.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
err ur eating nowhere near enough durign the day and too much during the night... eat breakfast, and make sure to eat lunch and dinner too (if ur only goal is weight loss u don't need to eat as many proteins or as often even though it's still recommended)

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
6 a day.

MM