"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

[OfficialDJB] Changes to be made to the Bible

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
When diablo gets back to me with some details I will be editing the DJB slightly to include a suggestions section. Old members will remember this used to exist and even though it was used it became unmaintainable. I have developed my skills further in PHP and will make a better version.

Articles can be suggested with a name, author and description (like much of the existing collection of articles in the DJB) and placed in a "suggested articles" section. Ones that turn out to be totally crap or not up to standard will be removed quickly.

The code already exists on my hard drive. I just have to put it up.

While I am at it, if you (a member of the board) have any suggestions for the DJB reply here while the keyboard is hot.

Nick
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Changes made.
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
This Dj Bible is "incomplete".

Why don´t you put some posts (quite polemical) like:

1. Girls to avoid (borderlines, narcissists, pshycos, etc);

2. Girls who hangs out with a lot of guy "friends";

3. Girls that dump you and yet keep calling back, sending emails, etc;

4. Girls that break up and go back a lot of time, hot and cold behavior, etc.

All in all, a kind of guide of types of women to avoid/beware. Knowing what kind of girls we´re dealing with can be crucial in achieving success.
 
Last edited:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
If you can't figure out for yourself what type of girls you should be avoiding, then you're in for a heap of trouble. If you learn from the DJB, you should be at the point where you're attracting several different types of women - obviously you're going to go through certain periods of trial and error with each of them, experience which will serve you well in your interactions with future ladies. There are some girls who seem perfectly normal end up psycho at the end (I've had it happen multiple times). Short of requiring each girl you date to bring you a certified copy of their psychiatric history, I don't see a "list of what girls to avoid" DJB addendum being of any true value.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
This Dj Bible is "incomplete".

Why don´t you put some posts (quite polemical) like:

1. Girls to avoid (borderlines, narcissists, pshycos, etc);

2. Girls who hangs out with a lot of guy "friends";

3. Girls that dump you and yet keep calling back, sending emails, etc.

All in all, a kind of guide of types of women to avoid/beware. Knowing what kind of girls we´re dealing with can be crucial in achieving success.
A LOT of htat stuff is intermingled with the Bible articles. If you can find a good article that sums it all up, then submit it to be evaluated. :p
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Originally posted by diablo
If you can't figure out for yourself what type of girls you should be avoiding, then you're in for a heap of trouble. If you learn from the DJB, you should be at the point where you're attracting several different types of women - obviously you're going to go through certain periods of trial and error with each of them, experience which will serve you well in your interactions with future ladies. There are some girls who seem perfectly normal end up psycho at the end (I've had it happen multiple times). Short of requiring each girl you date to bring you a certified copy of their psychiatric history, I don't see a "list of what girls to avoid" DJB addendum being of any true value.
No value? Maybe for you.

If something of what I said will be put in the bible or not I don´t know.

At least for me, knowing the types of women to avoid/trouble ones was determinant to eliminate my frustrations. I started to get why I was having such a hard time with them.

Originally posted by squirrels
If you can find a good article that sums it all up, then submit it to be evaluated. :p
I´ve already done that! :eek:
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
I´ve already done that! :eek:
Link to it, I'd be curious to see it as well... I do remember a thread someone made stating what the different types of girls are; is that the one you're talking about?

I've searched for a few different things, here are the most relevant results:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39168
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26861
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55034
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49013
 

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Sorry for the initial mess-up, i've fixed the bug but had to remove the entry. Should be working now!

Nick
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Submitted one.
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Just remember, if you have suggestions for bible material, then use the applicable form on the DJB website to register them!

Nick
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Originally posted by Nicholas Hill
Just remember, if you have suggestions for bible material, then use the applicable form on the DJB website to register them!

Nick
What do you mean? :confused:
 
Top