Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

OFFICIAL: Online Dating (OLD) Thread

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do we ever have threads to compile all info on one topic instead of creating new ones? Maybe merge threads?

Use this thread to talk about everything with online dating... tips, questions, etc.

This is what I have noticed with 3 weeks of use...

I stopped using tinder because I know so many women that use it just for validation, like with no intent of anything. It is known as the hookup app, so women know they can get attention there. I will try it again when I am ripped... hopefully 6 months or less

My OLD stories thus far using predominantly OKC and POF...
-probably get 1 in 10 responses, 3 numbers so far. 1 date Sunday... feels flakey, but I got an evening date lined up so no biggie
-can't go for number too early or line will go dead
-If they are really cute, they are flooded with dudes. weird dudes! you have to set yourself apart from the dodo birds.
-Do not chase, your just feeding their ego
-Compliments from women mean nothing on there
-login at good times of day.. bay area seems about 9-11pm...

I have actually had the most luck with coffee meets bagel. Made 3 connections, 2 numbers, and 1 date. Second just connected yesterday. I do this mostly at night for about 20-30 mins before bed. MY text game needs serious work, so it's great practice for me.

Do not use OLD as your only means of finding women. Cold approach is stil the way to go for confidence and skills.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a search there are multiple threads on this subject.

Direct approach works for me.

Me: Hey x what's up ? Your profile caught my eye and I would like to meet you. What's your schedule look like this week?

Send to five girls wait a couple days and send 5 more...repeat....

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a search there are multiple threads on this subject.

Direct approach works for me.

Me: Hey x what's up ? Your profile caught my eye and I would like to meet you. What's your schedule look like this week?

Send to five girls wait a couple days and send 5 more...repeat....
interesting. What's your success rate on that approach?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting. What's your success rate on that approach?
I get more dates than I can handle. When I was really going at it I had 3-5 dates a week.

Right now I'm at the tail end of a relationship. She is showing less investment, flaked on a few dates and what not. She wants to get married and I dont. Anyway I have gone NC with her and will see what happens. I will probably start dating again after the first of the year.

I have a new house I just bought that needs loads of fixing before I can move in. Might be 6 months or so. I might even wait until it's fixed and move in. I'm doing all the work and that eats up a lot of time.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it! Definitely going to try that this week... Got huge work projects, so won't have a lot of free time..

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okie. Tried for tomorrow. "Wish I could but I am actually in the city all weekend." "Can we do another day?"

I'm booked till Wednesday, sooo.... My impulsive side says shoot a response with Wednesday night at blah blah... Or sure what's your schedule like next week?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okie. Tried for tomorrow. "Wish I could but I am actually in the city all weekend." "Can we do another day?"

I'm booked till Wednesday, sooo.... My impulsive side says shoot a response with Wednesday night at blah blah... Or sure what's your schedule like next week?
say monday or tuesday

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okie...

Me: Hey waht's up? Your profile caught my eye and I'd like to meet you. Whats your schedule like?
Her: Crazy
Me: That many dates? (Friday)
Her: LOL Nahh. Whats your schedule like? (Sat morning)
Me: Let's do THursday at blah blah at 640. Whats your number? (Sunday)
Her: 12 (today)

I waited because I didn't want to schedule anything yet... So... dead in the water?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably. I usually qualify women and say stuff like "What are you looking for?" And if she says something casual like friends, seeing what's out there, etc, I'll say "Oh cool, me too. We're on the same page". And "If we were to hang out, what kind of fun things do you like to do?"

My success rate with getting women to describe what they like to do and then relating and finding some common ground (building rapport) usually leads to better results then just "Hey I just saw your profile. Let's do friday at 8 pm."

You want to give off the impression that you are screening women and have 5 prospects so she has to pique your interest with her "fun hobbies" before you escalate to a meetup. You want her to invest. This makes you come across as high value with abundance, and less needy.

When it comes to online dating, you only escalate when SHE makes an effort to express herself to you. That is the only way you can justify being interested in her (because you have standards). Otherwise, you look desperate.

Remember that one of the tenets to solid game is being a challenge and you have to follow that principle regardless of what platform you are using to communicate with women.
Ya, I have definitely tailored back asking on a date too quickly. Noticed that usually goes one of two ways... Yes or No. Alot more no's though!

Good ideas. Will try in the future.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just re-iterating an observation from my date last night in reference to OLD...

Don't text and chat too much. Can't remember who said it, but it can create a false image in her mind. We were sharing stories, and she said "this guy was great in texting, etc., really down to earth. Then we met and he was awkward and completely different. That date didn't go well"

So establish the rapport early and get the date... or move on...

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okie...

Me: Hey waht's up? Your profile caught my eye and I'd like to meet you. Whats your schedule like?
Her: Crazy
Me: That many dates? (Friday)
Her: LOL Nahh. Whats your schedule like? (Sat morning)
Me: Let's do THursday at blah blah at 640. Whats your number? (Sunday)
Her: 12 (today)

I waited because I didn't want to schedule anything yet... So... dead in the water?
So I get a message from this one last night... "I waited for you. A**hole"

I don't believe it, so maybe she messing with me and wants me to push back? Lol women are weird

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that what you write is pretty irrelevant. Just have a short conversation and get the number and date sorted quickly. No need for too much idle chit-chat. You're a busy man dealing with multiple plates after all. You don't have time for long, meaningful conversations with women you may or may not even meet.

Let your profile do the talking. That means GREAT pictures - ideally ones that show your interesting side.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Third date tonight. I have to say, spending time with other women really makes the ex thoughts go away...

Sydney, 37, great body, probably a 7 on the face. She was receptive right off the bat. My go to date is drinks and snacks at the bar, so we can face each other in close proximity. Right off the bat she was facing me, made significant eye contact, didn't seem against kino at all, and even reciprocated... She was turned toward me the whole time as my legs were outside of hers. She had her feet on my barstool the entire time... my question. When I hugged her at her car (I am a little sick, so I didn't go for the kiss), she said "this was a good one"... but we haven't exchanged phone numbers.... so just wait and see how it goes?

Spoke too soon, just got a text "Hey, I had a great time with you tonight. Don't want to sound too forward, but I'm happy to give you my number if you care to get together again."

Maybe I am still giving off the "nice guy" vibe...? I should have kino'ed more heavily when I noticed she seemed okay with it? Maybe not enough dirty talk?

Last edited:

Champ Slice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dynamic,

I just saw your posts this morning and figured I would mimic the **** you're on. **** definitely works. Kudos brother!

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick question.... third date tomorrow with a girl. Setup very near my house, hoping to get her back. She is the only one that has not asked about kids at all. Do I mention while we are out, after she agrees to come back, or just talk to her once we get to my place?

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here have success with Badoo? Never heard of it until today. My buddy was telling me it was pretty good.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Anyone here have success with Badoo? Never heard of it until today. My buddy was telling me it was pretty good.
In my area, Badoo and Blendr (same thing basically) is the trailer trash of OLD. I was on there for a minute and couldnt take the sh!tty profiles that I was looking at so I bounced.

Match, Eharmony and other pay sites are probably the best, even for plates. If they can afford an OLD site, they are probably half mentally stable.

POF is the only free site that I check out on occasion. Plenty of plates there if you are selective.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try some of these, it seems to really make a difference depending on your location, I have very slim results between using pof,Zoosk and OkCupid and I message atleast 10 girls a day. I more so have been going for to the point, " hey how's it going I'm xstang77 text me ********" got my 2 last relationships that way, the last one worked with that line because she was submissive,otherwise both the girls I've had relationships with from old have ended in absolute trainwrecks.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try some of these, it seems to really make a difference depending on your location, I have very slim results between using pof,Zoosk and OkCupid and I message atleast 10 girls a day. I more so have been going for to the point, " hey how's it going I'm xstang77 text me ********" got my 2 last relationships that way, the last one worked with that line because she was submissive,otherwise both the girls I've had relationships with from old have ended in absolute trainwrecks.
OLD is definitely tricky, especially on POF and OKC. I actually don't have much luck at all on those with women I am actually attracted to... These girls get so many dudes messaging them, it is like a buffet for them...