Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Offered WhatsApp instead of cell

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, but I may need it in the future. I will not give it to her, as it's pointless and it's also a different number. Which, to be honest, I do not understand the big deal since the number is your cell number, so what am I missing here? If it's the same number as your cell, and you'd give me your whatsapp number, isn't that your cell number?

People seem to make life more complicated then it needs to be.

Not understanding this comment. Please elaborate.
I dunno man. I think what LA is saying is that they feel they control the situation if you 'give in' to the form of contact she proposes.

Girls act like their phone number is so sacred sometimes. It all goes to your phone what's the problem. I don't play along, because it's a stupid game they're trying to play. I don't want more distracting apps to deal with. So like I said. If they wanna chat.. beam me the digits.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Generally speaking, dudes, I don't see why you be chatting to women on Bumble/Tinder and other OLD. Realize you are in her frame on OLD, she is there to chat with people, not to meet. She filters you out based on your behavior and what you say to her. On OLD you are at a disadvantage from the get go, for her you being there is already a big minus. If she doesn't want to give you her number that means she doesn't find you hot enough / valuable enough / datable enough. Chatting with her online on OLD in hopes of getting her number by making her feel comfortable, that's betaaaaaa! She knows that, she won't give you number -- all she needs from you in such situation is your none sexual attention.

Your ideal online approach happens in two lines

1. Introduce yourself ask question about what she's looking for on OLD
2. Get her number

If she don't give you number, you don't talk to her, period. Talking at this point will not get you a number and you are wasting your valuable time. Sht dudes, it's easy, play numbers game, copy paste, get numbers, talk to them on whatsapp, setup date, go out.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love whats app. Can do short voice clips, foreign girls are free text / calls and video chat. My favorite but Asian girls use a different one

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love whats app. Can do short voice clips, foreign girls are free text / calls and video chat. My favorite but Asian girls use a different one
Asian girls use Line or wechat or QQ right?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's still chatting. I told her I'm going to sleep. She wished me a good night and said we'll chat tomorrow. She wants to meet for drinks, still no number though.

I do not want to give out my real number. I did try once with my VOIP number, but whatsapp didn't allow it.
I'm confused about two things. 1) If you're already able to message her, why do you need her number, and 2) You want her number but won't give out yours? She would have to have it at some point. Also to use WhatsApp, you need each other's numbers so I don't get it.

Anyway, I use WhatsApp, it's very popular and a pretty good app, better than regular SMS apps. I think dudes overreact to this kind of thing and the old "would she do this to Brad Pitt/George Clooney" rule is pointless. Just roll with it - or, if it's a dealbreaker (like your employer forbids these apps as you said), don't install it. She's still messaging you so who cares.

I was just discussing something similar with someone about how some women will counter with a number ask with "you can give me yours." Some Sosuavers get irate over that and insist it's low interest. My take, who cares? Her having your number is better than nothing at all, and I've gotten laid that way. But I digress.

One reason she may want you on a separate app is she's cheating on someone.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's still sending me messages on Bumble asking more questions. Crazy sh!t.

I think Brad Pitt is broke now after his second divorce. Not too sure how popular he is with the ladies right now.
Just tell her you don't use Whatsap... I don't either, this happened to me one time, just tell her you don't uses social media to communicate then tell her if she won't give her cell phone ask her how you are supposed to communicate. Make a joke about it... tell her you guys should get 'pagers' and hope you can find pay phones.... suggest 'smoke signals' She gave me her number, and then couldn't get her on a date... no problem.. I just moved on. The point is don't get all serious. joke about it, if she doesn't respond to humorous masculine behavior she's not interested. You can't make her give you her phone number, then even if she does, doesn't mean she will meet up with you. If she won't she has low interest or she's not a normal woman... either way; walk away.

Not to be accused of name dropping, but I know Brad Pitt, we meet during the "Make It Right" foundation about 10 years ago. He's not a friend per say, but I have spent time with him. The last time I spoke with him, he was asking questions about how NCOs might behave (since he knew I served in the Army) in a tank crew in preparation for a role where he portrayed a tank commander in WWII a few years back, I told him some stoies my grandfather told me, since Paw Paw served in WWII as a Sherman tank crewman during the war, and if you haven't seen the movie "Fury", I think he nailed it. You will never hear me say anything bad about him. He really is a decent guy, married to a complete lunatic, so in many ways he has a lot in common with many of us. This divorce cost him, like it costs all of us but he's fine. But he did sell his house in New Orleans so I haven't seen or heard from him in years.

I think there are a lot of lessons we can learn from mistakes he's made, his marriage to crazy town, his involvement with "Make it Right" which also turned into a sh!t show, not because of anything he did, but because that foundation hired an incompetent CEO. Wisdom comes from mistakes we make, embrace failure because failure makes us better people "That which does not kill you makes you stronger."

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm confused about two things. 1) If you're already able to message her, why do you need her number, and 2) You want her number but won't give out yours? She would have to have it at some point. Also to use WhatsApp, you need each other's numbers so I don't get it.

Anyway, I use WhatsApp, it's very popular and a pretty good app, better than regular SMS apps. I think dudes overreact to this kind of thing and the old "would she do this to Brad Pitt/George Clooney" rule is pointless. Just roll with it - or, if it's a dealbreaker (like your employer forbids these apps as you said), don't install it. She's still messaging you so who cares.

I was just discussing something similar with someone about how some women will counter with a number ask with "you can give me yours." Some Sosuavers get irate over that and insist it's low interest. My take, who cares? Her having your number is better than nothing at all, and I've gotten laid that way. But I digress.

One reason she may want you on a separate app is she's cheating on someone.
I have a main number and a separate number I use for OLD. She has my number, she's not reached out, so I've put her on the back burner.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just tell her you don't use Whatsap... I don't either, this happened to me one time, just tell her you don't uses social media to communicate then tell her if she won't give her cell phone ask her how you are supposed to communicate. Make a joke about it... tell her you guys should get 'pagers' and hope you can find pay phones.... suggest 'smoke signals' She gave me her number, and then couldn't get her on a date... no problem.. I just moved on. The point is don't get all serious. joke about it, if she doesn't respond to humorous masculine behavior she's not interested. You can't make her give you her phone number, then even if she does, doesn't mean she will meet up with you. If she won't she has low interest or she's not a normal woman... either way; walk away.

Not to be accused of name dropping, but I know Brad Pitt, we meet during the "Make It Right" foundation about 10 years ago. He's not a friend per say, but I have spent time with him. The last time I spoke with him, he was asking questions about how NCOs might behave (since he knew I served in the Army) in a tank crew in preparation for a role where he portrayed a tank commander in WWII a few years back, I told him some stoies my grandfather told me, since Paw Paw served in WWII as a Sherman tank crewman during the war, and if you haven't seen the movie "Fury", I think he nailed it. You will never hear me say anything bad about him. He really is a decent guy, married to a complete lunatic, so in many ways he has a lot in common with many of us. This divorce cost him, like it costs all of us but he's fine. But he did sell his house in New Orleans so I haven't seen or heard from him in years.

I think there are a lot of lessons we can learn from mistakes he's made, his marriage to crazy town, his involvement with "Make it Right" which also turned into a sh!t show, not because of anything he did, but because that foundation hired an incompetent CEO. Wisdom comes from mistakes we make, embrace failure because failure makes us better people "That which does not kill you makes you stronger."
I've tried the joking thing before, when a lady doesn't want to give her number, then I just give her mine and move on. Not worth the fight in my opinion. As for Brad Pitt, wasn't attacking him, we all make mistakes in life. Mistakes are our best teachers; as long as we learn from them.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you give out your real cell it's easy to find information about you on the internet (unless you mine and delete your data faithfully) and you never know who you are really dealing with until you allow some time to get to know them. @FMCSMT was just posting in another thread how some rando tracked down his FB and started threatening to kill him. THAT is the fear.

Look at it this way - if you give out your real cell and someone tracks it to your FB and you have your FB info public, some sick rando could call your job and talk smack about you and cause issues.

WhatsApp uses your cell (from what I recall) so it is essentially the same as just giving out your cell.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a main number and a separate number I use for OLD. She has my number, she's not reached out, so I've put her on the back burner.
im finding that the google voice app sucks for notifications. I just pissed someone off recently b/c they sent me a text on 2/16 and I didn't get a notification, so I didnt notice the text till 2/22. I replied explaining but they took it personally. Just a heads up

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If you give out your real cell it's easy to find information about you on the internet (unless you mine and delete your data faithfully) and you never know who you are really dealing with until you allow some time to get to know them. @FMCSMT was just posting in another thread how some rando tracked down his FB and started threatening to kill him. THAT is the fear.

Look at it this way - if you give out your real cell and someone tracks it to your FB and you have your FB info public, some sick rando could call your job and talk smack about you and cause issues.

WhatsApp uses your cell (from what I recall) so it is essentially the same as just giving out your cell.
I am more concerned with it interfering with my career. I only have a FB profile as I need it for Bumble. I have only one pic and no info or "friends" linked.

im finding that the google voice app sucks for notifications. I just pissed someone off recently b/c they sent me a text on 2/16 and I didn't get a notification, so I didnt notice the text till 2/22. I replied explaining but they took it personally. Just a heads up
I only used Google Voice to get this WhatsApp to test it out. I do not get what's so groundbreaking about it. It's the same as Skype or Google Voice. Agree on the not receiving all notifications. Got to love technology.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried the joking thing before, when a lady doesn't want to give her number, then I just give her mine and move on. Not worth the fight in my opinion. As for Brad Pitt, wasn't attacking him, we all make mistakes in life. Mistakes are our best teachers; as long as we learn from them.
You did the right thing... if a chick isn't responding just move on. Too many women in the world to waste time with the one's that really don't like you or are going to make things hard.

As far as Brad Pitt, I really didn't think you were knocking him. But I think it is interesting to let guys know that even people like Brad Pitt, who is often mentioned as an example of what chicks want, has problems navigating the 'wonderful world' of women. Being a guy chicks are attracted to does not guarantee success.... your job as a man is to keep your behavior in check and be willing to walk away before real problems develop. For Brad Pitt, and HUGE red flag was his ex-wife's behavior in her last relationship, where she was carrying vials of blood of Billy Bob Thornton around her neck... that's the crazy train... and you let the crazy train go by and get on the next one. The other was when she wanted to collect a rainbow of children of different races.... Look I don't have a problem with adoption, or adoption of children of different races, that's great that you want to bring people in your life and raise them as your own. But to actively seek out children so that you have an Asian... African... Latino... etc just smells like someone with a narcissistic personality disorder.... As soon as his ex started wanted to do this, he should have put his foot down and said NO! If she insisted, he should have divorced her @ss right then and there. Sure there was going to be pain, but bad news does not get better with time and only postpones the inevitable. He didn't he went along with it, like many men do in a futile attempt to make her happy.

Brad Pitt really is one of us... dripping with status, handsome and rich for sure, but he is a dude trying to figure out chick sh!t.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has this actually happened to you? Unless you are a public figure giving your number out in a private message should not cause paranoia. No one is going to track you down and cause issues unless you are well known or are a trouble maker. You and I are not that important. I would not make your FB profile public tho.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Has this actually happened to you? Unless you are a public figure giving your number out in a private message should not cause paranoia. No one is going to track you down and cause issues unless you are well known or are a trouble maker. You and I are not that important. I would not make your FB profile public tho.
I know a few men who've had issues with ladies going to their jobs and trying to ruin them if sh!t goes sour fast. It one of the reasons why I do how and why I do. It's another reason why I'm PC on the texts and messages. You never know when or if it can or will be used against you. Just go read the New York Post or Daily News. It's a different world out there now. Anything you say or text will be used against you. Best way to prevent this from happening is not to interact in a way that can bring trouble to you or your life.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything you say or text will be used against you. Best way to prevent this from happening is not to interact in a way that can bring trouble to you or your life.
In general I feel like this is a rule for life, not just dealing with women. Always assume someone else will read or hear what you say and it's still no reason to be paranoid.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
In general I feel like this is a rule for life, not just dealing with women. Always assume someone else will read or hear what you say and it's still no reason to be paranoid.
Agreed, but when others here to sexting and stuff on the phone in a message or text, send naked pics, etc. that can be used against you in many ways. I've seen it myself. So, I am very bland on the message and text. I let the ladies go there if they need, not for me in this day and age. Though, 10 - 15 years ago, yes, I was down with that sh!t.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell me you are joking, you need her cell number to use whatsapp last I know....

the good thing about the app is like sms, but free, and woman like that so she can entretain more people without a problem, you should get it, just don't waste too much time on it

RickTheToad

Reaction score
tell me you are joking, you need her cell number to use whatsapp last I know....

the good thing about the app is like sms, but free, and woman like that so she can entretain more people without a problem, you should get it, just don't waste too much time on it
I'll be honest, I'm not a texter phone chatter or a social media guru. Couldn't care less about Twitter, Instaho, or Fvckbook. I never saw what was so great with any of these platforms. Phones are for setting dates, not to chat with the ladies. If the lady wants to chat with me, meet me at my place, I'll meet at her place, or we go out. If that makes me weird or out of touch, okay. I have this whatsapp thing, I do not know why it's so revolutionary in the US. Yes, internationally, where SMS is expensive, I can see it holds value. In the US and Canada, everyone has free unlimited calls and texts. How it was worth 19 billion dollars makes little sense. However Instaho is worth 100 billion dollars just shows how thirsty the regular man is to interact with ladies of their dreams, as well as how much attention ladies need from strangers. It's childish and juvenile.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm not a texter phone chatter or a social media guru. Couldn't care less about Twitter, Instaho, or Fvckbook. I never saw what was so great with any of these platforms. Phones are for setting dates, not to chat with the ladies. If the lady wants to chat with me, meet me at my place, I'll meet at her place, or we go out. If that makes me weird or out of touch, okay. I have this whatsapp thing, I do not know why it's so revolutionary in the US. Yes, internationally, where SMS is expensive, I can see it holds value. In the US and Canada, everyone has free unlimited calls and texts. How it was worth 19 billion dollars makes little sense. However Instaho is worth 100 billion dollars just shows how thirsty the regular man is to interact with ladies of their dreams, as well as how much attention ladies need from strangers. It's childish and juvenile.
You have to be careful with this. Until you are actively fvcking a chick, she LIKES to talk and she LIKES to text. If she is the one initiating it then youre fine to respond. Just do so when you have time and not be glued to your phone.

Women are social creatures (most of them). Especially attractive women. Texting and occasional phone calls are part of it. Dont let the red pill take you to the other end of the spectrum that you're not social and seem cold and distant. That is the opposite of fun and outgoing, which IS attractive.

Just follow basic texting guidelines: Keep it short and simple, stay mysterious, let her talk and tell you who she is, keep the convo going by asking her a question to her statement, etc.

Sure it would be great if it was as simple as using the phone to set up a date, not hearing from her until the date, having a great date and then repeating the process. You have to understand that communication from a woman who does have high interest in you is certainly going to take place in between. It just is.

Responding is fine. Initiating to a degree is fine. After you start pounding her and she is part of your rotation, then you can back off a bit and occasionally disappear for a few days to make her mind swirl.

But be realistic when it comes to communication in today's society. You will paralyze your dating life if you are so anti communication between dates.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You have to be careful with this. Until you are actively fvcking a chick, she LIKES to talk and she LIKES to text. If she is the one initiating it then youre fine to respond. Just do so when you have time and not be glued to your phone.

Women are social creatures (most of them). Especially attractive women. Texting and occasional phone calls are part of it. Dont let the red pill take you to the other end of the spectrum that you're not social and seem cold and distant. That is the opposite of fun and outgoing, which IS attractive.

Just follow basic texting guidelines: Keep it short and simple, stay mysterious, let her talk and tell you who she is, keep the convo going by asking her a question to her statement, etc.

Sure it would be great if it was as simple as using the phone to set up a date, not hearing from her until the date, having a great date and then repeating the process. You have to understand that communication from a woman who does have high interest in you is certainly going to take place in between. It just is.

Responding is fine. Initiating to a degree is fine. After you start pounding her and she is part of your rotation, then you can back off a bit and occasionally disappear for a few days to make her mind swirl.

But be realistic when it comes to communication in today's society. You will paralyze your dating life if you are so anti communication between dates.
I do converse when they contact me, I just don't run after them. Like the couple of ladies who said they had a nice time and looking to see me again. Cool, let me know when you're available. Silence until I hear back.