Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Offered WhatsApp instead of cell

RickTheToad

Reaction score
What's the deal with WhatsApp? I do not use that app, and some of the ladies do not want to swap cells. I have FB Messenger, but I uninstalled it months ago. I do not like the privacy issues with either. In addition, the City of Bridgeport frowns upon social media apps for their employees.

How do I navigate out of this when the question pops up?

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know about ladies in the US but I only use whatapp when I swap phone number foreign ladys. I think some carriers charge more for a text for abroad.
Someone correct me if I am not mistaken but whatapp uses cell numbers as contact identification right? So if someone told you to add them on whatsapp they basically would also need to give you their cell too. Why not just say your number did not come up on whatsapp so I sent you a txt?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I dont know about ladies in the US but I only use whatapp when I swap phone number foreign ladys. I think some carriers charge more for a text for abroad.
Someone correct me if I am not mistaken but whatapp uses cell numbers as contact identification right? So if someone told you to add them on whatsapp they basically would also need to give you their cell too. Why not just say your number did not come up on whatsapp so I sent you a txt?
They're from the US. I use a secondary app on my phone for a second number, so I cannot use Whatsapp. One wanted to just keep chatting via Bumble as she didn't feel like giving me her cell. I sent number mine to her, but I doubt I'll hear from her. I've not heard back from the other one yet. It's a pain as each day I'd have to uninstall the app prior to going to work or shut the phone off and leave it in my car prior to entering my work.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With all of the apps that act as a second number and allow you to do anything you would on a normal phone there is no reason for anyone to be afraid to give out a number these days...they could always just give their app number

RickTheToad

Reaction score
With all of the apps that act as a second number and allow you to do anything you would on a normal phone there is no reason for anyone to be afraid to give out a number these days...they could always just give their app number
WhatsApp would show my real number, so I cannot use that. I settled on FB messenger, but then, because of privacy issues, I guess the city government prefers us not to use the apps. I know I sound old, but only 36, and I just do not like these social apps. I don't even use FB. I know the ladies love these apps, so I agreed to use the FB messenger with the last lady.

What happened to just exchanging cells and calling it a day.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I would take it as low interest. Do you think they would offer Brad Pitt there whatsapp instead of there phone number? I wouldnt install that app. Just move onto other women.
She's still sending me messages on Bumble asking more questions. Crazy sh!t.

I think Brad Pitt is broke now after his second divorce. Not too sure how popular he is with the ladies right now.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatsapp allows to send messages and short audio messages, its great.

I wish girls were fine using it rather than calling me, calls require me to drop what Im doing and give them full attention in that moment.

When it comes of whatsapp I can listen and reply to their stuff whenever Im comfortable and turn it off right after.

stevieLA

Banned
Reaction score
What's the deal with WhatsApp? I do not use that app, and some of the ladies do not want to swap cells. I have FB Messenger, but I uninstalled it months ago. I do not like the privacy issues with either. In addition, the City of Bridgeport frowns upon social media apps for their employees.

How do I navigate out of this when the question pops up?
You can't. If they don't want to give their number, you'll just get a fake number or they'll never respond.

You are expecting perfect results. It's not possible.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
WhatsApp is the cell number. Install WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype. Use whatsapp instead of sms, free, plus you can send voice messages and do video calls. You do not navigate out of this, you ask them for their number - give me your number we'll chat over whatsapp.

Sht man, you can send date location over whatsapp, just like AMS.

There is another thing, don't be afraid to jump on latest technology. Getting stuck in the past, with flip phones and sht, is horrible. It underlines your old age, lul.

Last edited:

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're from the US. I use a secondary app on my phone for a second number, so I cannot use Whatsapp. One wanted to just keep chatting via Bumble as she didn't feel like giving me her cell. I sent number mine to her, but I doubt I'll hear from her. I've not heard back from the other one yet. It's a pain as each day I'd have to uninstall the app prior to going to work or shut the phone off and leave it in my car prior to entering my work.

Its like a screening thing or something, just keep talking to her and see what happens... one time a chick on POF wouldn't give me her number, so I kept talking to her on the app until I was outside her house knocking on the door

I ended up having sex with her and spending the night. She gave me her number in the morning before I left

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Its like a screening thing or something, just keep talking to her and see what happens... one time a chick on POF wouldn't give me her number, so I kept talking to her on the app until I was outside her house knocking on the door

I ended up having sex with her and spending the night. She gave me her number in the morning before I left
She's still chatting. I told her I'm going to sleep. She wished me a good night and said we'll chat tomorrow. She wants to meet for drinks, still no number though.

WhatsApp is the cell number. Install WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype. Use whatsapp instead of sms, free, plus you can send voice messages and do video calls. You do not navigate out of this, you ask them for their number - give me your number we'll chat over whatsapp.

Sht man, you can send date location over whatsapp, just like AMS.

There is another thing, don't be afraid to jump on latest technology. Getting stuck in the past, with flip phones and sht, is horrible. It underlines your old age, lul.
I do not want to give out my real number. I did try once with my VOIP number, but whatsapp didn't allow it.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhatsApp would show my real number, so I cannot use that. I settled on FB messenger, but then, because of privacy issues, I guess the city government prefers us not to use the apps. I know I sound old, but only 36, and I just do not like these social apps. I don't even use FB. I know the ladies love these apps, so I agreed to use the FB messenger with the last lady.

Just get Textnow and give them your number from that.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
In a situation where she wants your number that's a time waster. Sure, she'll continue chatting, because that's what she wants, none sexual attention. You don't give out your number period, but you do get their number. Also, hiding your number and sht, is so fcking weird.

Why fck around, I get their number in my second message, and I chat to them on whatsapp.

P.S. things that nobody use like Textnow and other sht, are pointless. Don't use sht that nobody use. Everybody uses phone, cms, whatsapp and viber, stick to those.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Just get Textnow and give them your number from that.
I'll check it out.

In a situation where she wants your number that's a time waster. Sure, she'll continue chatting, because that's what she wants, none sexual attention. You don't give out your number period, but you do get their number. Also, hiding your number and sht, is so fcking weird.

Why fck around, I get their number in my second message, and I chat to them on whatsapp.

P.S. things that nobody use like Textnow and other sht, are pointless. Don't use sht that nobody use. Everybody uses phone, cms, whatsapp and viber, stick to those.
I think he meant get a throwaway number from textnow and register whatsapp with that number.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats weird.

I do not want to give out my real number. I did try once with my VOIP number, but whatsapp didn't allow it.
Why not get google voice, then use that number as your whatsapp number. Thats what I do.

If a lady is not ready to give out her number, I dont see her as being interested. Or having low interested, or only wants attention or a free drink.
Its very easy to block someone on whatsapp, so when someone says they feel uncomfortable about giving out there number all they are really doing is throwing dust in your eyes.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Thats weird.

Why not get google voice, then use that number as your whatsapp number. Thats what I do.

If a lady is not ready to give out her number, I dont see her as being interested. Or having low interested, or only wants attention or a free drink.
Its very easy to block someone on whatsapp, so when someone says they feel uncomfortable about giving out there number all they are really doing is throwing dust in your eyes.
Yes, textnow isn't support by this whatsapp, but google voice is. I opened a google voice number so I have this app now. I thought the same too. I would had expected her to close me out by now, but she's sent other messages and then said we'll speak tomorrow. Who knows. These ladies are crazy. I am waiting for someone now to say oh, it was a sh!t test to see if you'd back down like other men do.

The other date on Saturday night went well too with another lady who didn't kiss on the first date. We made up for it on the second. I've learned to give these ladies a grain of salt until I get to know them. As George Bruno says, the cellphones are now just a box of d!cks for the ladies. There's always a new d!ck waiting in the cellphone.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Do what you wanna do man. Don't download apps if you don't want the apps. If she doesn't wanna give you her number and she knows that's the only way you can keep chatting then if she's interested she'll give you her number, right?

A lot of girls my age will say here's my Instagram or here's my Snapchat. B!tch I don't have time for that sh!t gimme your number or next.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Do what you wanna do man. Don't download apps if you don't want the apps. If she doesn't wanna give you her number and she knows that's the only way you can keep chatting then if she's interested she'll give you her number, right?

A lot of girls my age will say here's my Instagram or here's my Snapchat. B!tch I don't have time for that sh!t gimme your number or next.
Agreed, but I may need it in the future. I will not give it to her, as it's pointless and it's also a different number. Which, to be honest, I do not understand the big deal since the number is your cell number, so what am I missing here? If it's the same number as your cell, and you'd give me your whatsapp number, isn't that your cell number?

People seem to make life more complicated then it needs to be.

Pretense of control, just play along
Not understanding this comment. Please elaborate.

stevieLA

Banned
Reaction score
She's still sending me messages on Bumble asking more questions. Crazy sh!t.

I think Brad Pitt is broke now after his second divorce. Not too sure how popular he is with the ladies right now.
Theres's nothing confusing about it. Different people prefer different forms of communication. Bumble is more anonymous: she's clearly not comfortable enough to date yet.

Brad Pitt is just a meme. The particulars of his life don't really matter.

You're making this situation unnecessarily complicated. As long as she is in contact in some form, there's an opportunity to invite her along at some point. She'll probably suggest it herself if she ever feels comfortable. If she doesn't, she'll ghost.