Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Odd question, but where do you guys make good friends?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try the bumble app, there's a friends section. Honestly been a godsend for me.
I did once meet two women who made friends like that. I didn't think that was a method for men. If so, I wouldn't use it. There are better ways to make male friends. I even think there are better ways for women to make friends with each other than the friends section of Bumble.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone said, shared interests.

A lot of the friends I made outside of school / university and the couple through my job, were through martial arts. I made friends in the different gyms I attended. Also through other hobbies I took up. This is the best way - you have to put yourself out there and do stuff. A lot of times you also have to make the first move, so don't be afraid -- many men wonder the same thing.

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did once meet two women who made friends like that. I didn't think that was a method for men. If so, I wouldn't use it. There are better ways to make male friends. I even think there are better ways for women to make friends with each other than the friends section of Bumble.
More ideal ways sure but it's never easy in fact it's as challenging as dating. I'm sure you know most people over the age of 25 are already comfortable in a firm enough social circle of people they've known for years, they aren't necessarily looking to add some random person to their circle unless there's a real incentive.
In these circumstances where you are of a certain age and realise you have little to no friends you probably will have to do something less than preferable, at least with bumble you know the people are in a similar situation as you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure you know most people over the age of 25 are already comfortable in a firm enough social circle of people they've known for years, they aren't necessarily looking to add some random person to their circle unless there's a real incentive.
I moved to my current city at age 28. I made friends mainly with other transplanted adults who had recently moved to the area around the same time I arrived. That wasn't a real social circle compared to local area natives. While it is better to have friends than no friends, it wasn't a social circle capable of producing dates for me, though 1 friend and 1 acquaintance got LTRs/marriages from the circle.

at least with bumble you know the people are in a similar situation as you.
It's not that much different than Meetup for making friends then because that's Meetup's model. Meetup groups are usually shiit for finding dates and that's what most men use Meetup to accomplish. Bumble is overtly a feminist app.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what these "friend" things are.

But they sound like a waste.

mrskinnypantz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Making male friends isn't that difficult.

Making male friends that can help you with forming a social circle capable of arranging dates for you is difficult.

I have some male friends. I could probably spend more time on the male friends part of my life, but because dating/sex stuff takes up so much time, I don't spend a lot of time on forming new male friendships. My current male friends are all married men who aren't concerned with spending a lot of time with me. They are busy with their houses, dogs, and some are starting to have children. It's not personal, that's just how married men tend to be. Married men are notorious for starving male friendships with unmarried men, although they are probably ok at maintaining friendships with other married men.

An apartment complex is a good place to become friends with other men. If your apartment complex is 100+ units, I think there's a good chance that you can find a male friend.

You might be able to find a male friend in a co-ed sports league. However, a lot of men in co-ed sports leagues are trying to get their penises wet, so that might not be the ideal place to focus on making a male friend.

If you want to make male friends, focus on environments where women aren't too present. Once women are present, men and the male thirst are focused on trying to get with the women.
Yeah, good point my dad made best friends with his neighbor. My dad went to the military so he is big on communication and opening himself to meeting friends especially if its your next door neighbor , they smoke together drink together and cook / grill together.
His neighbor knew other neighbors and they would drink smoke and cook , it was a cool vibe to be around

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a waste.
Well you don't have to be friends with me, specifically. I just don't want you to sour on the concept of friendship.

What is the fvcking point of this next coming day? That's the question I ask myself all the time, idk the answer but you remind me of myself. Best wishes, my friend.

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tried it a few times.
That's unlucky, ngl i've had a small number of gay dudes match me but it's been the minority. My gay radar is in in fairly good shape lol they defo have a look, swipe left accordingly.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've had a small number of gay dudes match me but it's been the minority. My gay radar is in in fairly good shape lol they defo have a look, swipe left accordingly.
The upside of gay male friends is that gay male friends often have straight female friends. You could get a social circle introduction that way.