Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo the less people moving here, the better.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
83 degrees b1tches. Phuck yeah :p

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
83 degrees b1tches. Phuck yeah :p
The high temperature today is still going to be over 100 degrees.

When I lived in Phoenix, I didn't think Phoenix got pleasant until high temperatures were below 90. In general, this happens around mid-October.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The weather seems like it is starting to cool down in Phoenix. The summers at this point are too unbearable. The 31 consecutive days of 110+ this past summer doesn't seem viable for having a good time.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The weather seems like it is starting to cool down in Phoenix. The summers at this point are too unbearable. The 31 consecutive days of 110+ this past summer doesn't seem viable for having a good time.
Not for cold approach, but it's good for the apps. Nothing to do but phuck. That being said, if you're courting a three-date-Kate you can save money this time of year with an outdoor date if she is structured and has a "process". But usually the "process" is a little more flexible under extreme weather conditions. The super hard cases will tend to stick to their guns and want an event date or dinner date, etc before sex if it's not feasible to do anything outdoors.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not for cold approach, but it's good for the apps. Nothing to do but phuck.
There is some indoor approaching that can be done during the warmer months.

The grocery stores are all air conditioned. If you're looking for a more upscale, likely fit woman, AJ's or Whole Foods are options. Fry's and Safeway would have broader appeal.

The malls are all air conditioned. Scottsdale Fashion Square is a good option for mall approaching.

That being said, if you're courting a three-date-Kate you can save money this time of year with an outdoor date if she is structured and has a "process". But usually the "process" is a little more flexible under extreme weather conditions. The super hard cases will tend to stick to their guns and want an event date or dinner date, etc before sex if it's not feasible to do anything outdoors.
Three Date Kate's are quite common in most major USA metros.

When I was in Phoenix, I found that Piestewa and Camelback were better for dates than for random approaches. At that point in time, I was less well versed on non-bar approaching. Do you think I have an accurate impression?

No dinner dates in restaurants prior to sex. That's a vital Manosphere rule.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One place where men live beyond their means to try to impress women is in Scottsdale, Arizona (suburb of Phoenix). Scottsdale men of multiple ages (typically ranging from 20s-50s) use this tactic with the commonly found shallow, materialistic women who spend time in Scottsdale (typically at night in the Old Town Scottsdale bars). In general, the Phoenix area doesn't have a lot of good corporate jobs so a lot of white collar men go into debt to look the part to impress women. When something happens, like a recession hits, these men are exposed as phonies quickly. Repo trucks were everywhere in Scottsdale in 2007-2009 when the Great Recession hit.
The quote above comes from the Rolex thread.

Scottsdale is extremely image oriented. Scottsdale has always tried to position itself as an affluent suburb. At one time, that was more true. That time was more of the 1970s-1990s. Even in the 1970s-1990s, Scottsdale wasn't the most affluent part of Metro Phoenix. Back then, Paradise Valley was the #1 spot for affluence and it still is today. Since the late 1990s, Scottsdale has been invaded by debt ridden phonies trying to project an image of affluence.

The more affluent people in Metro Phoenix live in Paradise Valley and in the Biltmore and Arcadia neighborhoods in Phoenix.

Scottsdale attracts younger singles (typically 22-35) in the southern parts of the city, closest to the Old Town Scottsdale district. The northern parts of Scottsdale (often considered north of Shea) are more suburban and more of debt ridden couples trying to look affluent. There are definitely divorcees up in North Scottsdale, and these are 35+ women.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The NFL playoffs start today.

The last NFL playoff game was in February 2023. It was Super Bowl LVII (57) between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles and the game was played in Glendale, AZ (suburb of Phoenix).

The Phoenix area has hosted the Super Bowl 4 times: 1996, 2008, 2015, and 2023. The 2008, 2015, and 2023 games were at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, which opened in 2006. The 1996 was at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, closer to one of the more active nightlife areas in Metro Phoenix. Sun Devil Stadium is on the campus of Arizona State University. The NFL's Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Devils NCAA program shared a stadium from 1988-2005.

For those in Phoenix now, how would you describe the energy around Super Bowl week in Phoenix? Do you think the bar scene changes that week? Easier tourist pussie? I wonder if there was still a pandemic hangover in the air around Phoenix's scene last year as compared to the 2008 and 2015 Super Bowls.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol these NPC's can't think of anything better to do than get embarrassingly drunk at a PGA event when it's 45 degrees and raining.

Lol gotta be seen at the Waste Management Open in godawful (for AZ) miserable weather. Status!!!!

Maybe this is God's way of trying to flush the toilet.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol these NPC's can't think of anything better to do than get embarrassingly drunk at a PGA event when it's 45 degrees and raining.

Lol gotta be seen at the Waste Management Open in godawful (for AZ) miserable weather. Status!!!!
The Phoenix/Waste Management Open is a big deal in Metro Phoenix. It's held the same weekend as the Super Bowl every year.

The 16th hole is known for being the party spot. How would someone get laid from going to the 16th hole area? I also have a difficult time imagining that a lot of first dates result from a meeting at the golf tournament. Seems like more of a waste of time with friends or an established couples type thing.

I agree that these attendees are NPC's, especially this year. There are far better things to do than watch golf outdoors and get drunk in 45-50 degree weather with intermittent rain.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. Its not even TPC itself. Its the night scene after. Friends of mine were headed out and invited us. Hubby didn't want to go & busy gaming. He was fine with me going. Great time tonight. Places packed. Got to introduce a gal pal to a guy friend & they seemed to hit it off. Lots of out of town idiots too, lol.

Par for the course (pun intended).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not even TPC itself. Its the night scene after.....Places packed..... Lots of out of town idiots too, lol.
Golf tournament attendees would likely go to night scene spots in Old Town and North Scottsdale. I imagine some Phoenix proper venues would be affected. The few night spots up at Desert Ridge would probably be more crowded.

Throughout the entirety of the winter months, plenty of out of town idiots go to nightlife venues. The Phoenix Open is probably peak idiot weekend, with the exception of the years when Phoenix hosts a Super Bowl.

I doubt many single women travel to Phoenix/Scottsdale to watch a golf tournament. That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that a group of 2-4 single women would do for a Girls Trip. I can imagine some out of town girlfriends/wives might accompany out of town boyfriends/husbands for it.

Plenty of venues across Phoenix wouldn't be affected by the Open. I can't imagine most of the venues west of Interstate 17 in West Phoenix, Glendale, or Peoria would have felt any impact. Those areas don't have much of a singles scene. Hipster and dive bars in Phoenix proper likely weren't affected either.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From this thread...

Dallas and Phoenix seem like heavy commuter cities with nothing to do aside from concerts, sports, and drink at Hard Rock Cafe. Most of your women are going to be tied to social circles or crazy dog women. I am sorry, but I just don’t picture a single woman moving to Dallas or Phoenix on her own unless it is for employment or marriage purposes.
In Phoenix, there are people who fall into the pattern of being commuters who go to national chain bars/restaurants, spectator sports, and concerts.

A lot of those people I described don't live near Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, or in the southern parts of Scottsdale. Those are the areas that tend to have the singles dense neighborhoods. There are NPC's like that in the aforementioned singles dense neighborhoods though.

Phoenix doesn't have as good of corporate employment opportunities as Dallas, so far fewer people would move to Phoenix for employment purposes. Phoenix has a strong medical industry because of all of the old people who retire to the area, so a lot of women with medical-related jobs would move to Phoenix. General business corporate employment is weaker. It's more common to move to Phoenix for lifestyle reasons due to the nicer winter weather. Phoenix winters tend to be a bit overrated though. While the daytime highs are nice, it will often be in the 30s Fahrenheit in the early morning hours. It's not fun to be getting out of a nightlife venue at 2 AM with temperatures around 35-40 F.

Social circles in Phoenix are also weaker due to the area being very transplant heavy. Some social circles of mainly transplants do form in Phoenix but they are weaker than social circles of mainly local area natives. There aren't that many local area natives because Metro Phoenix has more than doubled in population since 1990. Transplant heavy cities tend be very much app dating cities because few people have a good enough social circle for introductions. There are plenty of dog owners on the apps in Phoenix.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daylight Saving Time started this week for the majority of the United States. Arizona and Hawaii do not observe it. Year round standard time is one of the best things about Arizona.

There's no need in Arizona to extend daylight hours. The most populated parts of Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson) are at lower altitudes with hotter temperatures. Higher elevation, more temperate Northern Arizona doesn't have a large population.

Because Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, sunset times in the early March - early November time frame are earlier. Around June 21, the sun sets in Arizona around 7:45 PM, whereas in a lot of places in the USA, the sun sets closer to 9 PM or so. Sunrises are also earlier. The sun can rise in the summer slightly after 5 AM, but it is often light enough at 5 AM to be outdoors. It would be possible to do daygame approaches outdoors at places like Camelback, Piestewa, South Mountain, or Papago at 5 AM in the summer month. While it is possible, it might not be advisable because many of the women outdoors early in the morning might not be in a mood for a 5-10 minute introductory chat prior to them starting their work day.

In early October, sunset is around 6 PM which feels early.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An Arizona related discussion broke out on a thread about a UC Berkeley professor. This is probably a better place to discuss an Arizona scene related topic. @MatureDJ even had a short stint living in Phoenix in the early 2000s.

Tucson might be one of the worst dating scenes in the USA for a metro area of its size (1 million people). The biggest problem with Tucson is that while it is a sizable metro area, it is completely overshadowed by Phoenix just 115 miles away. Metro Phoenix has 4.5+ million people so it is considered the leading city in Arizona.

A metro area the size of Tucson in a state without a bigger population center nearby would be a more thriving area.
I beg to disagree. Tuscon has the U of Arizona, which is considered a higher-rank place than Arizona State U, and with Arizona getting lots of coeds from California, and the U of A being just a little smaller than ASU, it has more of a college town demographic. The key is to go a place where the college overwhelms the community.
Yes, Tucson has the University of Arizona. I wouldn't say that the University of Arizona overwhelms Tucson. There's about 50,000 undergrad and grad level students at U of Arizona, which isn't that much compared to Tucson's slightly over 1 million population.

If you're a Tucsonan who isn't a University of Arizona student, the mating scene is much more difficult. Tucson is strongest as a mating environment for the 50,000 U of Arizona students and for the retiree/near retiree population there. Regular working age people have a bit of a thin mating market in Tucson.

There's a case that Arizona State University overwhelms Tempe itself but not Metro Phoenix in its entirety.

Both Arizona State and Arizona get a good amount of students from California.

Most people from out-of-state who are in Arizona as working age individuals choose Phoenix over Tucson. It's a more active mating environment, though also a challenging mating environment.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daylight Saving Time started this week for the majority of the United States. Arizona and Hawaii do not observe it. Year round standard time is one of the best things about Arizona.

There's no need in Arizona to extend daylight hours. The most populated parts of Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson) are at lower altitudes with hotter temperatures. Higher elevation, more temperate Northern Arizona doesn't have a large population.

Because Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, sunset times in the early March - early November time frame are earlier. Around June 21, the sun sets in Arizona around 7:45 PM, whereas in a lot of places in the USA, the sun sets closer to 9 PM or so. Sunrises are also earlier. The sun can rise in the summer slightly after 5 AM, but it is often light enough at 5 AM to be outdoors. It would be possible to do daygame approaches outdoors at places like Camelback, Piestewa, South Mountain, or Papago at 5 AM in the summer month. While it is possible, it might not be advisable because many of the women outdoors early in the morning might not be in a mood for a 5-10 minute introductory chat prior to them starting their work day.

In early October, sunset is around 6 PM which feels early.
In mid-October, it's still triple digits there. By that time of the year, you get tired of the heat, and can't wait until the first cold front comes in.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In mid-October, it's still triple digits there. By that time of the year, you get tired of the heat, and can't wait until the first cold front comes in.
In mid-October in Phoenix, it is more typically 85-90 degrees as the daytime high. Triple digit heat is not out of the question then but mid-October usually represents when it finally cools down somewhat in Phoenix.

Tucson is around 80-85 at the same time.

Most Phoenix residents look forward to the October 10-20 time period as that's when it is noticeably cooler than the summer.