Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on NYC's scene.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first moved to Manhattan, I made around 60k or so which is abnormally low for NYC. I managed to live with 3 roommates in Murray Hill, we all paid around $1100 or so for a room the size of a closet. The apartment was old and rusty but it was livable. For mailing, they left mail in the f-cking basket downstairs, I am not kidding about this.

While that may have been the case, I had the most fun of my life as a 24 year old. I slept with so many different women and had 3 solid friends to hit up the local bars with. They had friends that would come over to pre-game and we hit the town hard.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
When I first moved to Manhattan, I made around 60k or so which is abnormally low for NYC. I managed to live with 3 roommates in Murray Hill, we all paid around $1100 or so for a room the size of a closet. The apartment was old and rusty but it was livable. For mailing, they left mail in the f-cking basket downstairs, I am not kidding about this.

While that may have been the case, I had the most fun of my life as a 24 year old. I slept with so many different women and had 3 solid friends to hit up the local bars with. They had friends that would come over to pre-game and we hit the town hard.
That room is probably 2k now.

Reaction score
Dallas and DC are uppity but they are uppity in a "you will conform to our way uppity". Pretty sure @SW15 can chime in here but unlike Californians that move to Austin, the ones that move to Dallas conform because they have to.
so assimilation? Yeah it’s pretty easy to assimilate to Texas culture, just look at George Bush lol. I know what you mean lol. Nashville had a lot of people from the Midwest and California and they would never assimilate and retain their identity but suck off Nashville so hard to cope lol. I found it extremely hard to relate to these people.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A room the size of a closet? That was your own bedroom size? New York City is notorious for small apartments.

24 years old and getting regular one night stands/casual sex would be a situation most men would enjoy.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@biggoal Naw the room is still around the same price lol. @SW15 Yes sir, small but no issues pulling. Lots of girls were in their 20s and in a similar situation but being in Manhattan alone gave me a big boost. Those were definitely the years, I want to go back for one more go at it lol.

@Jake_Gyllenhaal69 I know man, it sucks. I hope these people don't turn TN blue. I'll never understand liberals that flood into these red states they loathe so much.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
@biggoal Naw the room is still around the same price lol. @SW15 Yes sir, small but no issues pulling. Lots of girls were in their 20s and in a similar situation but being in Manhattan alone gave me a big boost. Those were definitely the years, I want to go back for one more go at it lol.

@Jake_Gyllenhaal69 I know man, it sucks. I hope these people don't turn TN blue. I'll never understand liberals that flood into these red states they loathe so much.
No way tn will go democrat. Last election trump won by even bigger margin.

Tn, Missouri, ms, ar will never go democrat again.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
He won Florida by a bigger margin in 2020 too.
Still pretty slim. Just silly to think TN will go Democrat. TN is similar to Missouri. YOu have Nashville and Memphis voting Democrat but the rest of the state is now heavily Republican. There is no way they will ever outnumber the rest of the state.

yes, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas were all Democrat at one time but that was due to the civil war certain areas of those states voted democrat. The flip is now complete in those states. MO happened in 2000-02 range. Arkansas at the state level around 2010. Kentucky still tends to vote Democrat on the state level but Republican on the federal.

I wouldn't worry about moving to TN and liberals taking over the state.

Reaction score
Tn will never go Democrat.

1). East Tn is the most populated region in the state and extremely red.

2). Nashville is only blue within the city county, but the suburbs are strongly Republican. I’m addition, Nashville gets a lot of republican California losers like Shapiro that have a whole grudge.

3). The south isn’t like the Midwest or West where there’s basically nothing in between the major cities. It has a lot of small towns that add up.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Tn will never go Democrat.

1). East Tn is the most populated region in the state and extremely red.

2). Nashville is only blue within the city county, but the suburbs are strongly Republican. I’m addition, Nashville gets a lot of republican California losers like Shapiro that have a whole grudge.

3). The south isn’t like the Midwest or West where there’s basically nothing in between the major cities. It has a lot of small towns that add up.
Eastern tn voting is like the Missouri ozarks. Most counties at least 80 percent trump and more last election. Nowhere in fl has this heavy republican voting. Not even then fl panhandle and Republicans in a state like mo are much more to the right than the fl rinos.

Reaction score
Eastern tn voting is like the Missouri ozarks. Most counties at least 80 percent trump and more last election. Nowhere in fl has this heavy republican voting. Not even then fl panhandle and Republicans in a state like mo are much more to the right than the fl rinos.
yeah but a lot of old people move to Florida and they are more than likely to vote Republican

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend was just in NYC and he said it has gotten more dangerous since Covid and the liberal defund the police agenda took place. Is this true?
Yes it is true, but the murder rate previously was like 400 people a year out of 8,000,000 (1 in 20,000)

So even if the murder rate spiked 2x your odds are still 1 in 10,000 (per year)

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
yeah but a lot of old people move to Florida and they are more than likely to vote Republican
About split but they're rino republicans from new england which suck. I live in swfl and it feels much more moderate than mo. Like gays for example. Much more tolerant down here. Also people are not into guns here like in missouri. St. Louis and jefferson counties have gun shops and ranges literally every corner now.

The upper south is the place to be. However some states have dry counties whcih suck. Missouri has none for years now but those rural southern mo areas controlled by baptist so not many bars in the small towns to meet at. Mizzou, mostate (Springfield) and univ Arkansas, or a big college sports town might be a good choice. They're not dry counties and lots of hangouts.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going back to it, I do miss one thing about NYC though and it is the easy competition. I mean in Miami, the competition is way tougher and the men are far more alpha. NYC obviously had a lot of obvious soyboy types but even the stereotypical alphas of NYC (some stereotypical trust fund baby or working class type from Long Island) were all bark no bite type of dudes who were awful with women and soft as nails. Like I have gone out in Miami and seen so many football player built dudes and dudes with cauliflower ears left and right while in NYC, dudes were much shorter on average and hardly competition. Even Hoboken had a lot of losers and beta males compared to my time in other cities.

If you are a guy in NYC, take advantage of what is some of the weakest competition out of any major city. I mean sure, the city has dudes like @In2theGame who is one of the best posters on the forum and a total legend but by and far, the competition in the city is so soft. It is so easy to AMOG dudes unless you are going to some Black or Latin area in say the Bronx or something.

Maybe all the alpha NYers moved here elsewhere but these days, the city is soyboy capital. Being in Miami where the average guy is way better looking, way more alpha, and way more suave makes me miss how easy things were in NYC. Even bars you went to which were sausage fests had a ton of clueless dudes.

One thing I have noticed in comparing NYC to Miami is that in Miami, the dudes are far more bite and far less bark. I think of Jorge Masvidal smacking up some MMA fighter (think Leon Edwards) backstage, these dudes are not to be messed with. Meanwhile, in NYC the dudes talked tough but when push came to shove, crumbled fast (unless we are talking someone straight out the hood). If it was not for the black and Hispanic population, NYC guys would be some of the biggest beta males in the country.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going back to it, I do miss one thing about NYC though and it is the easy competition. I mean in Miami, the competition is way tougher and the men are far more alpha. NYC obviously had a lot of obvious soyboy types but even the stereotypical alphas of NYC (some stereotypical trust fund baby or working class type from Long Island) were all bark no bite type of dudes who were awful with women and soft as nails. Like I have gone out in Miami and seen so many football player built dudes and dudes with cauliflower ears left and right while in NYC, dudes were much shorter on average and hardly competition. Even Hoboken had a lot of losers and beta males compared to my time in other cities.

If you are a guy in NYC, take advantage of what is some of the weakest competition out of any major city. I mean sure, the city has dudes like @In2theGame who is one of the best posters on the forum and a total legend but by and far, the competition in the city is so soft. It is so easy to AMOG dudes unless you are going to some Black or Latin area in say the Bronx or something.

Maybe all the alpha NYers moved here elsewhere but these days, the city is soyboy capital. Being in Miami where the average guy is way better looking, way more alpha, and way more suave makes me miss how easy things were in NYC. Even bars you went to which were sausage fests had a ton of clueless dudes.

One thing I have noticed in comparing NYC to Miami is that in Miami, the dudes are far more bite and far less bark. I think of Jorge Masvidal smacking up some MMA fighter (think Leon Edwards) backstage, these dudes are not to be messed with. Meanwhile, in NYC the dudes talked tough but when push came to shove, crumbled fast (unless we are talking someone straight out the hood). If it was not for the black and Hispanic population, NYC guys would be some of the biggest beta males in the country.
Since the 2000s, Manhattan has attracted a more soy-ish type guy. White tech workers are often soy-ish. A lot of White race, white collar workers are beta males. White males who are blue collar are more likely to have better game than White males who are white collar workers. The blue collar white male has nearly disappeared from Manhattan. Some blue collar white males are in Queens, Long Island, and Staten Island. Hoboken went from being a dangerous, mainly minority place in the 1980s and early 1990s to a hipster, soy-ish white guy place.

As of the 2020 Census, Miami-Dade County is 69% Hispanic, 13% White, and 14% African-American (Non-Hispanic Black). Hispanic/Latin men have stronger game than white collar working White male. The island of Manhattan is 47% White, 24% Hispanic, 14% African-American and 13% Asian. @Jesse Pinkman -- You have mentioned that Miami White males have stronger game than New York City (mainly Manhattan) White males. I would explain White males with better game in Miami based on 2 things.

• Miami has fewer corporate headquarters than New York City. Therefore, the culture has less of an emphasis on white collar work, which means that there are less beta males around the area.
  • Due to the large Hispanic population, Miami White males have been forced to step up their game as a matter of necessity for competition. Generally speaking, Hispanic/Latin men and African-American males have better cold approaching skills than White men. In a lot of cities, White men have been the ones who have resorted to the bloodbath of swipe apps.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the 2000s, Manhattan has attracted a more soy-ish type guy. White tech workers are often soy-ish. A lot of White race, white collar workers are beta males. White males who are blue collar are more likely to have better game than White males who are white collar workers. The blue collar white male has nearly disappeared from Manhattan. Some blue collar white males are in Queens, Long Island, and Staten Island. Hoboken went from being a dangerous, mainly minority place in the 1980s and early 1990s to a hipster, soy-ish white guy place.

As of the 2020 Census, Miami-Dade County is 69% Hispanic, 13% White, and 14% African-American (Non-Hispanic Black). Hispanic/Latin men have stronger game than white collar working White male. The island of Manhattan is 47% White, 24% Hispanic, 14% African-American and 13% Asian. @Jesse Pinkman -- You have mentioned that Miami White males have stronger game than New York City (mainly Manhattan) White males. I would explain White males with better game in Miami based on 2 things.

• Miami has fewer corporate headquarters than New York City. Therefore, the culture has less of an emphasis on white collar work, which means that there are less beta males around the area.
  • Due to the large Hispanic population, Miami White males have been forced to step up their game as a matter of necessity for competition. Generally speaking, Hispanic/Latin men and African-American males have better cold approaching skills than White men. In a lot of cities, White men have been the ones who have resorted to the bloodbath of swipe apps.
As much as I have ragged on Manhattan and NYC, the truth is that the cream of the crop in NYC is there. All of the legit alpha males who get laid with quality women are all in Manhattan.

A common occurrence that happens a ton is women from Long Island, Staten Island, and suburban Jersey coming to Manhattan with the hope that a Manhattan boy will take them home that night. The guys from those areas are fuming mad as a result and that plays into the typical Long Island guy being naturally enraged over the slightest thing, the hottest girls from his high school days are getting piped up by some guy living in Manhattan.

When I lived in East Village, I had a roommate who was this blond haired Swedish guy that stood at about 6'3. One summer, he got laid every other day and it was usually with bored Long Island women looking for anything other than the annoying guido trash that floods their home. On a couple of instances, he had slept with married women who had happy social media pics with their husband.

Long Island and Staten Island women that are in NYC are very easy pickings as soon as they separate from their pack. It is a massive bonus if you are anything other than an Italian looking or guido looking guy.

Blond haired WASPy looking white guy? Very ideal.

However, minority of any kind? Forbidden fruit syndrome kicks into overdrive and these women get desperate. Roommate had a black friend originally from the Bronx that found a niche with Italian American women from racist families (which if she is an Italian chick from Long Island, 95% chance her family is racist). Italian dudes on Long Island have a huge inferiority complex towards black guys since guido culture prizes athletic achievement in football and basketball and look who dominates those sports.