Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on NYC's scene.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, if rent is 2500 plus a month, how do low level workers survive? People like baristas, fast food workers, cashiers, ect...
They live in Queens and the more outskirt neighborhoods which they hype the crap out of, secretly feeling like crap for not being able to live in Manhattan.

The more ambitious ones live with like 3 roommates in an apartment, I did for a few months.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, if rent is 2500 plus a month, how do low level workers survive? People like baristas, fast food workers, cashiers, ect...
The live in a closet with 2 other roommates

Not joking, my half sister did this paid $1500 a month to live with 2 other people in a crabby place In Brookyln

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some hotel bars you recommend in Manhattan

also any rooftops or lounges that are popping please let us know
This is all assuming pre-pandemic. Another good resource for NYC nightlife is @In2theGame who I consider to be a forum legend.

On Thursday nights, The Gem Saloon in Murray Hill is always a hit. I have known guys to pull from there multiple weeks in a row.

Mr. Purple is obviously good but can be a hit or miss too. Hotel Chantelle, once again a hit or miss but when it is good, it is really good. Just expect heavier blowouts.

LES in general is good but stay away from Pianos, it is ratchet AF. I'd recommend Hair Of The Dog, even though ratios suck, your competition are drunk frat guys and most guys I used to roll with spam approached their way to a lay on a Saturday.

Meatpacking Bars are good for tourism purposes but seem to have a lot of teases. I would pay attention to Brass Monkey and Jane Hotel though, they can provide some good experiences. Only downside is that Jane Hotel has rude workers and is full of a lot of bougee girls but I have pulled from there.

If you are stuck in the UES though, Penrose is a gold mine. I have managed to pull from there as well.

As for East Village, I'd try out Beauty Bar. It looks grungy but has a lot of doable and pullable women.

I'd also go for 1 on 1 or Grayson in LES on a Saturday night, One on One is easier to pull from while Grayson can get really wild.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
It's tough. I assume they get better tips. Even workers with college degrees in office jobs and such you see MANY of them that commute via train to NYC due to the cost of living and better living conditions outside of the city.

The problem here in Southwest FL is even worse than NYC. The rent and house prices have jumped too, not to NYC levels yet but pretty bad. Except the big issue is FL jobs don't pay nearly what Chicago or NYC do for the same job. At least NYC if you have a degree the pay is better.

The largest hospital system here can't even find young doctors because many won't move here due to the housing costs and they have those monster student loans they're paying on.

Reaction score
My friend was just in NYC and he said it has gotten more dangerous since Covid and the liberal defund the police agenda took place. Is this true?

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is all assuming pre-pandemic. Another good resource for NYC nightlife is @In2theGame who I consider to be a forum legend.

On Thursday nights, The Gem Saloon in Murray Hill is always a hit. I have known guys to pull from there multiple weeks in a row.

Mr. Purple is obviously good but can be a hit or miss too. Hotel Chantelle, once again a hit or miss but when it is good, it is really good. Just expect heavier blowouts.

LES in general is good but stay away from Pianos, it is ratchet AF. I'd recommend Hair Of The Dog, even though ratios suck, your competition are drunk frat guys and most guys I used to roll with spam approached their way to a lay on a Saturday.

Meatpacking Bars are good for tourism purposes but seem to have a lot of teases. I would pay attention to Brass Monkey and Jane Hotel though, they can provide some good experiences. Only downside is that Jane Hotel has rude workers and is full of a lot of bougee girls but I have pulled from there.

If you are stuck in the UES though, Penrose is a gold mine. I have managed to pull from there as well.

As for East Village, I'd try out Beauty Bar. It looks grungy but has a lot of doable and pullable women.

I'd also go for 1 on 1 or Grayson in LES on a Saturday night, One on One is easier to pull from while Grayson can get really wild.
Some hot young chicks are also at this new place called Bella Union on 29th and 3rd ave. Its one block from the Gem. Thursday, Friday and especially Saturdays its packed with hot ass.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
Some hot young chicks are also at this new place called Bella Union on 29th and 3rd ave. Its one block from the Gem. Thursday, Friday and especially Saturdays its packed with hot ass.
They're open til 4 on Friday and Saturday. I agree, it's a gem.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend was just in NYC and he said it has gotten more dangerous since Covid and the liberal defund the police agenda took place. Is this true?
Yes it's true. The previous Mayor is a fvcking idiot and this one seems to be one too. NYC crime is on the uptick unfortunately but if you're careful and mindful of your surroundings, you should be alright. I Uber most places or I'll walk if I'm going some place within a few blocks but I havent really taken the Bus or Trains much. Sometimes things just happen out of nowhere and it cannot be predicted. For example, what happened today in Brooklyn. Which is my old neighborhood in Sunset Park. I actually used to frequent that train station when I was a lot younger.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely took the subways in my time in NYC unless it was during the day or back from work. Safety has gotten worse since the pandemic and yo, ditto on the mayor. Big Bird was an imbecile and probably the worst mayor the city has had in decades. As much as everyone disliked that dude and he was considered the worst mayor in America, I think he is more of an outcome of a problem that plagued NYC before he became mayor. Once the city got cleaned up and real safe, lots of people started moving there for the fun of it.

IMO, what really led to NYC's decline was the influx of annoying libs from places like California, the west coast, New England, and even Canada. As soon as your annoying Toronto, San Francisco, and cities with just awful women and low quality people crowd moved in, the city declined in a big way. Big tech did some serious damage to the cultural vibe of NYC.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once the city got cleaned up and real safe, lots of people started moving there for the fun of it.
New York City in the 1970s, 1980s, and early 1990s had a bit a sleazy vibe to it. There were multiple mayors during the time so I wouldn't blame one mayor for this. The cleanup really started when Giuliani became Mayor of NYC in January 1994.

Media also played a role in this. "Seinfeld" started airing in 1989 and was early in the whole thing of glamorizing NYC. "Friends" started in 1994 just months after Giuliani's term started. I think this is was more impactful than "Seinfeld". Then, "Sex and the City" started in 1998. By the time "Sex and the City" started airing, NYC was already experiencing people moving there for fun.

9/11 might have slowed this down for a few years, but by the mid to late 2000s, people were back to moving there for fun.

IMO, what really led to NYC's decline was the influx of annoying libs from places like California, the west coast, New England, and even Canada. As soon as your annoying Toronto, San Francisco, and cities with just awful women and low quality people crowd moved in, the city declined in a big way. Big tech did some serious damage to the cultural vibe of NYC.
This makes sense.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
Media also played a role in this. "Seinfeld" started airing in 1989 and was early in the whole thing of glamorizing NYC. "Friends" started in 1994 just months after Giuliani's term started. I think this was more impactful than "Seinfeld".
Not to de-rail the thread, but I'm almost 40 and have never seen Seinfeld. It's on Netflix, so I'll be watching a few episodes a day for the foreseeable future.

Reaction score
I think it’s more of the swing influence of the AOC toxic Twitter/Reddit influenced left/ changing economics. People from California abs New England are moving to every city, so why aren’t places like Dallas and DC having these issues?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s more of the swing influence of the AOC toxic Twitter/Reddit influenced left/ changing economics. People from California abs New England are moving to every city, so why aren’t places like Dallas and DC having these issues?
Because Dallas and DC either aren't as clout chasing or they make outsiders conform to their standard of what clout is. In NYC, these people concentrate in certain areas that most cool transplants used to concentrate in and take them over. Williamsburg is San Fran 2.0

Reaction score
Because Dallas and DC either aren't as clout chasing or they make outsiders conform to their standard of what clout is. In NYC, these people concentrate in certain areas that most cool transplants used to concentrate in and take them over. Williamsburg is San Fran 2.0
Idk about DC, but it seemed pretty bougie and uppidty when I was there. Dallas and Ft. Worth are really bougie and pedigree-based for sure lol.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk about DC, but it seemed pretty bougie and uppidty when I was there. Dallas and Ft. Worth are really bougie and pedigree-based for sure lol.
Dallas and DC are uppity but they are uppity in a "you will conform to our way uppity". Pretty sure @SW15 can chime in here but unlike Californians that move to Austin, the ones that move to Dallas conform because they have to.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas and DC are uppity but they are uppity in a "you will conform to our way uppity". Pretty sure @SW15 can chime in here but unlike Californians that move to Austin, the ones that move to Dallas conform because they have to.
This is accurate about Dallas in terms of conforming to uppity-ness. A good portion of Southern Californians don't have difficulty adjusting to Dallas because they are moving from one pretentious area to another.

The suburbs are a bit of a different animal because it is often focused on child centric activities. I'm not up in the suburbs much.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only rich people live in Manhattan unless you want to have several roommates, you're mostly going to run into wealthy white people there. And in midtown (middle of Manhattan where times square is) tons of tourists.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only rich people live in Manhattan unless you want to have several roommates, you're mostly going to run into wealthy white people there. And in midtown (middle of Manhattan where times square is) tons of tourists.
Manhattan is starting to be less white over the years. Lots of diversity now in the younger yuppie crowds. Lots of Asian and Indians moving in.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With 17 roommates lol.
@DonJuanjr -- It isn't easy to understand. Low level workers live in The Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island with multiple roommates.