Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Not sure what to do..

jgutta23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been with my gf for over 4 years now and it's been long distance I live in NY and she lives in California. So a lot of trips and visits. We've always planned to eventually move together but the timing in never right. Anyways she has major trust issues. She blames in on the 1st few months into our relationship. 1st couple months into our relationship I was still spinning plates and communicated with my ex but never cheated. She went thru my phone and saw and it was never the same. 4 years later it's gotten better but I can still sense the issues. its gotten to the point that we argue over any and everything. I feel like every time she ask me a question Its like she digging to find out if I'm cheating on her or something. For ex: I tell her I'm going to the mall. Her typical response is "with who? Any else gonna be there that you know?" (Hinting @ ex, etc).Then it'll lead to an argument because I hate being questioned.

I've tried talking to her about it, tried telling her that early into our relationship i was still tryna figure what I wanted. Part of me feels like I haven't done much to gain her trust, I mean I don't talk to other females at all but sometimes I'm vague when I sense her prying because it annoys me so much. So then I can come off as I'm hiding something. The other side feels like she needs to get over it. If she wants to be with me she needs to get over the past. I never cheated. Sometimes I think her prying can be her trying to justify her cheating. I never went thru her phone and never will. Never really got that vibe could be she's great hiding it. I know women can cheat emotionally especially when they argue a lot with their SO

But I just don't know if it'll work. I tried to list out the pros and cons. There's a lot of **** I don't want in a gf. I can honestly tell that she cares about me a lot and would do anything for me but that's not enough, plus my parents love her. I'm just not sure if I wanna continue. I know if we break up I'll miss her. I want someone who can be independent and not so clingy, someone who isn't so investigative. Not that I'm up to anything but I wanna be able to leave my phone in the same room as her and know she won't go thru. I feel her doing that is showing she doesn't respect me or my privacy. I don't go thru her stuff.

She's clingy, doesn't trust me, can be selfish, can often act like a kid. Insecure. Seems like she wants to text so much and I get burnt out. When I tell her I don't wanna text or talk at the moment cause I'm tired she becomes short with me and it leads to a "are you bored with me?" Type conversation. Sometimes I just need time apart. If we don't talk on the phone every night it leads to the same questioning. I'm just don't wanna deal with that.

I've tried telling her I don't like those things but it's just part of her makeup I suppose. We argue and she promises to change but we all
Know people don't change and they revert back to their old self. And that's exactly what happened. I think we both deserve to be happy and I don't think neither of us are as happy as we were in the beginning stage. I sense myself becoming a **** to her because I'm frustrated and just want her to fix her **** and I can sense her becoming more clingy, like she's almost scared to lose me but at the same time she's pushing me away.

We've been thru so much in these 4 years I don't wanna waste her time anymore. Part of it could be due to the long distance relationship.

She's 28 and I'm 31. No kids in the picture.

What would you guys do?

Hopefully this makes sense

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Break up with her.

Reaction score
Man don juan discussion is starting to seem like more of a place for alot of you guys to seek advice and counseling about personal garbage

Im getting turned off.

How about you learn to handle your **** like a grown man and stop asking other dudes who dont even know your situation well enough for advice??

Do some of you dudes have like no male friends or something? The fk is going on with the DJ Discussion section.

Sorry if this seems harsh .. Good luck

jgutta23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man don juan discussion is starting to seem like more of a place for alot of you guys to seek advice and counseling about personal garbage

Im getting turned off.

How about you learn to handle your **** like a grown man and stop asking other dudes who dont even know your situation well enough for advice??

Do some of you dudes have like no male friends or something? The fk is going on with the DJ Discussion section.

Sorry if this seems harsh .. Good luck

No worries, I'm not offended.

And no I don't have friends I can talk to about this issue so I came here. This is the only place I can turn to and get solid unbiased advice.

Muscle brain

Don Juan
Reaction score
She act like that because she´s getting some others Guys "D".
Wow, you got time to burn! 4 years LDR. GawwDamn.
Why don't you Get a Girl in your Area? Less Headaches.

Reaction score
No worries, I'm not offended.

And no I don't have friends I can talk to about this issue so I came here. This is the only place I can turn to and get solid unbiased advice.
Alright man, well I'll give you some general advice then/

It sounds like she's cheating on you but gets turned on by keeping the relationship going, even if it means coming off as the needy one. The reverse psychology is there.. She is playing a fantasy and living it out..

Men have testosterone. We like to do manly ****.
WOmen have something that tells them it would be sexy as fuk to have sex with other men while knowing they have a boyfriend/husband many miles away. <--

Now I can be 100% wrong.. But given the details in place.. I feel it's about 80% likely.

Of course you know her better than any of us .. and if you don't.. Then I guess. that's why you're here in the first place

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've been in a LDR with someone for 4 years who is on the complete other end of the country? Brah... you need to move on, like 4 years ago.

jgutta23

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you guys. I read those articles and I'm starting to think its right. Like maybe I am afraid of rejection and this is safe for me. Idk..

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't go into the whole "LDR don't work" speech - it's pretty much a given at this point.

However, even if she were to move near you or vice-versa, her attitude and mistrust of you would automatically make this a no-go. You think it's annoying having to have these convos now? Multiply that feeling x10 if you were to get married to her. Picture how your life could be...

YOU: Honey, I'm going to the store
HER: Oh, what for?
YOU: Um... to get groceries...
HER: Is that ALL you're doing?
YOU: Um... yes.
HER: Who's going with you?
YOU: I was... going to go by myself. It's only a 10 minute trip
HER: Yeah right - I'll bet 5 of those minutes is for you to talk to one of your lil' girl "friends"
YOU: Babe... I'm just going to the store to get some food so we can eat
HER: I'll bet you'll eat all right... EAT OUT ONE OF THOSE B!TCHES IN YOUR PHONE!!

You get the idea. If you're trying to have that kind of life, by all means stay with her, lol

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reality check...

---------> Be totally honest!!!

In the last four years how many times have:
You been to see her in CA?
Has she been to see you in NY?
You two met somewhere else?

All total, since you have lived across the country, how many full 24 hour days, have you spent together in the last four years?

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Romantic love is a joke played on you by your genes to try to force you to procreate such that they can continue on in the gene pool of the species after you have expired. Joke is on you...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LDR's never work in the long run. She may be questioning you because in fact, she herself has been cheating. This is something people do subconsciously on a psychological level...ie, they have been cheating so they assume the other person has too. It's called projection.

Honestly I have no idea why you have been punishing yourself for 4 years and depriving yourself of regular sex. I'd let her know that it's not working out and if she wants this to work you both need to be closer.

But, I would have never gotten into this in the first place.

Armourhead

Don Juan
Reaction score
This problem isn't going to go away.

She will never change how she's acting. She's either going to continue to make you miserable, or you're eventually going to cave in, become a grown ass *****, and she will fall out of love with you anyways.