Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Noob looking for input on my Tinder bio

bryeguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. For starters, I'm FOTB and halfway through The Rational Male, which is what led me here. Anyway, here's what I got:

"I own my own place and have a truck. I have several sources of income because I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. If we're a good match, maybe I'll put some eggs in yours."

I'm almost certain that's not a good bio. I feel like it comes across as pretentious and boring, but I really don't know where to go from here.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I own my own place and have a truck. I have several sources of income because I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. If we're a good match, maybe I'll put some eggs in yours."
i like this, but lets shorten it up... give this a try:

"I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket. If we're a good match, maybe I'll put some eggs in yours."

::read this thread for openers and how to respond::

Toddz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been on Tinder in awhile. But when I was on there I didn't even have a bio. I'm on bumble now where women have to message men first. I have no bio and great results.

Less is more

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really don't know anything about on-line dating, never did it, and I really don't think I ever will but I will assume whether a woman sees you on line or meets you in person, how she thinks really isn't going to change... the only thing that is different is scale...she will see A LOT more men online then just living life.

Women are programed to screen men OUT. She subconsciously knows what she is emotionally attracted to, and nothing you can do will change that. So my advice to anyone building an on-line profile would be not to give her any reason to summarily dismiss you if you want to get dates. This is why chicks will list their requirements... I know a lot of men get ticked off at this, but really they are doing you a favor. If she lists things that you don't fit, then just move the fvck on to someone else, she is saving you time by allowing you to screen HER out. If she says she only wants dudes that are 6' or taller, and you are 5'11", then forget about her. Is she being petty and focused on things that really are not important? Sure... but that is how women are, and you can find out before you waste any time, or you can find out when you show up and she realizes you are too short.

So what should your profile be.... well... there are LOTS of studies that indicate that the biggest significant factor in a chick's evaluation of your profile is how you look. So the photo should be recent, professional, and reflect who you are as a person. The next biggest thing what you say you like to do in your spare time.... again... be honest.

IMO anything else you put on a profile is not particularly relevant. The OP is suggesting that he put the fact that he owns a truck and has his own place. I'm not sure that is relevant because those things change, and it really doesn't say anything about who he is as a person. He could have his truck stolen tomorrow, then he doesn't have a truck. Or all the sudden a friend needs a place to live and well... now... since he's a good friend, he's not living alone anymore. I wouldn't put anything about income at all, or promise to share anything. It comes of as selling yourself, and that doesn't really work out in the long run.

Your profile is initial impression, just like you meet someone on the street, there is no reason why you would share too much with anyone you just met.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On Tinder I really don't think it matters much what you write, it's all about the picture and swipe. Once you get that swipe right match then its all about what you write, til then its just window shopping so I wouldn't sweat it much. Tinder has been very good to me lately so good luck.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder is 95% pics and 5% bio so I'd worry more about putting your best foot forward there. Women will right swipe on any good looking dude, bio or not.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone. For starters, I'm FOTB and halfway through The Rational Male, which is what led me here. Anyway, here's what I got:

I'm almost certain that's not a good bio. I feel like it comes across as pretentious and boring, but I really don't know where to go from here.
Like others have said, your bio doesn't mean much. It's all about your pics. I usually just put a funny movie quote in my bio and that's it. When I've used Tinder, I got plenty of matches and dates. If you want to do really good, you will need professional pictures.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like others have said, your bio doesn't mean much. It's all about your pics. I usually just put a funny movie quote in my bio and that's it. When I've used Tinder, I got plenty of matches and dates. If you want to do really good, you will need professional pictures.
Meh, I dont know about pro pics. Maybe its a thing in the USA (glamour shots). At least the ones I saw for chicks... all fat, every one.
TBH every time i ever saw a guy having pro pics on a date profile... super needy and desperate vibe.

I cant advise guys having pro pics on any OLD site/app

bryeguy

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. I'll update my bio with MrWood's initial suggestion, just to have something, and focus on getting the best pics I can. Right now, I'm going on photofeeler to see which ones have the best responses. That's been pretty enlightening so far because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to how I look in pictures.

Glassguy

Reaction score
"I dont like putting it all out here until you've put out"

"Here for drinks, pizza and crazy sex. Once we match, lets decide on what place has the best pizza and drinks"

"Speak softly and carry a big stick: Teddy Roosevelt. I carry a big stick, can you speak softly?"

"If you swipe left you will have 7 years of bad luck. If you swipe right, you will be guaranteed the best 20 minutes of your life"

Anyone daring enough to try this out after I just whipped them up? I guarantee you that if you use them and have a strong and witty frame in person, you're getting laid.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Here for drinks, pizza and crazy sex. Once we match, lets decide on what place has the best pizza and drinks"
This is great, actually. Although I have seen similar on chix profiles. Someone try this, i think you can catch 18-25yo easy with this one.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I dont like putting it all out here until you've put out"

"Speak softly and carry a big stick: Teddy Roosevelt. I carry a big stick, can you speak softly?"

"If you swipe left you will have 7 years of bad luck. If you swipe right, you will be guaranteed the best 20 minutes of your life"

Anyone daring enough to try this out after I just whipped them up? I guarantee you that if you use them and have a strong and witty frame in person, you're getting laid.
Damn I take the last one, but I‘m going to exaggerate more and change the 20 minutes to five

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, I dont know about pro pics. Maybe its a thing in the USA (glamour shots). At least the ones I saw for chicks... all fat, every one.
TBH every time i ever saw a guy having pro pics on a date profile... super needy and desperate vibe.

I cant advise guys having pro pics on any OLD site/app
Professional pics do make a big difference. I know from experience. Once I switched to professional pics, my matches sky rocketed. I don't see it as desperate or needy, I think it makes you look higher value.

I think it also depends on how the professional pics look too. You don't want them to look like they were taken at some photo studio at the mall. You need some that are outdoors and studio ones that don't like there in a studio.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. They need to be of good quality but professional isn’t necessary.

Good quality is just a clear picture taken at your best angle that shows enough facial detail, as if they were sitting across from you at a table. No hats, sunglasses or distant shots.

Another should show at minimal the upper body as a whole to give a general idea of physique. Nothing fancy. Warm weather shots are better. Avoid heavy coats and the like.

Those two things provide enough of the detail a woman needs to make a decision on physical attraction.
Also having a modern phone helps too. Not a phone from 2011 that takes garbage pics. People might even think it's old pics. The top end new phones take nearly pro level pics with all the filters and all.

Soldier King

Banned
Reaction score
Bodybuilding.com forum to complete mission.
I don't know, I'm not good with it. Sometimes I have success. I posted some dancing and that made me stand out for a while. Sometimes suits.

The key is really approaching in real life before going on any form of app to meet people, show the world you are gonna have courage and not going on because you're trying to run away from your fears.

Wow that girl across the room sure is beautiful, sure would like to talk to her! Takes out phone and turns on app -_-. Wow she's not on it, or didn't swipe you, now what?