"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

No More Mr Nice Guy

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Started reading this book by Dr Robert Glover.

The book says if I recognize myself or someone I love I what I have read so far which I do, I recognize myself then continue reading book

Activity number one instructs me to find a group to help me recover from Nice Guy Syndrome so I chose this site :)

I imagine i'll post my progress here.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
The first chapter was very interesting. I spin plates, I don't text women much, im guarded, but the opening chapter made me realise that internally I may be nice for example trying to avoid conflict. Very interesting.
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Activity 2 :- Why would it seem rational for a person to try to eliminate or hide certain things about himself & try to become something different unless there was a compelling reason for him to do so? I was myself with women & it came to the point where I needed to change. I thought I was to nice so I began studying seduction

Why do people try to change who they really are? They feel they need to change to achieve their goals

The author asked these two questions & asked me to think about it.
 

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
638
Reaction score
72
Location
Houston, TX
That's a good book. I have read it like 3 times. Glad you are going through it and doing the excersises.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
51
Rainman4707 said:
Started reading this book by Dr Robert Glover.

The book says if I recognize myself or someone I love I what I have read so far which I do, I recognize myself then continue reading book

Activity number one instructs me to find a group to help me recover from Nice Guy Syndrome so I chose this site :)

I imagine i'll post my progress here.
Could you write that sentence again please?
 

ColonelKilgore

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Location
Croatia
Great book. But the best one out there is by far The Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi which actually got me to this forum. Never knew about this forum before
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Eternal_water said:
Could you write that sentence again please?
The book says if I recognize myself or someone I love in what I have read so far which I do, I recognize myself then continue to read the book.
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
After reading chapter two I don't think I am the kind of nice guy the author is describing at all. I can relate myself to some of the bullet points describing nice guys, but yeah I'm not the guys he's describing.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Breaking Free Activity 5 -

Consider this:

If you did not care what people thought about you, how would you live your life differently? I see this as a stupid question for me as....well I'm getting a blind fitted in my bathroom tomorrow morning because my bathroom window is see-through....if I did'nt care what people thought about me then I suppose I wouldn't get the blind fitted, then Tom, **** & Harry can all walk past & see my hairy ass :s

If you were not concerned with getting the approval of women, how would your relationships with the opposite sex be different? Well....ahhhh maybe I'm being to bold here, but again I see this as a silly question as, well I was thinking a couple weeks back that...we pursue women, not the other way around...sexy women with big tits will have it no other way. Neil strauss is a great pickup artist..even he has to pursue.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,938
Rainman4707 said:
Breaking Free Activity 5 -

Consider this:

If you did not care what people thought about you, how would you live your life differently? I see this as a stupid question for me as....well I'm getting a blind fitted in my bathroom tomorrow morning because my bathroom window is see-through....if I did'nt care what people thought about me then I suppose I wouldn't get the blind fitted, then Tom, **** & Harry can all walk past & see my hairy ass :s

If you were not concerned with getting the approval of women, how would your relationships with the opposite sex be different? Well....ahhhh maybe I'm being to bold here, but again I see this as a silly question as, well I was thinking a couple weeks back that...we pursue women, not the other way around...sexy women with big tits will have it no other way. Neil strauss is a great pickup artist..even he has to pursue.
Lol, this is the same problem I have reading seduction material. Usually before I get very far into it, I start seeing fundamental flaws in the author's viewpoints, which makes me question the entire structure. Anyway, interesting thread. And great point on Strauss.
 

princess_124

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
104
Reaction score
8
No, please we love nice guys! Especially guys like you... I've noticed ur the only guy who smiles here (uses smile emoticons). Please don't change
 

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2014
Messages
638
Reaction score
72
Location
Houston, TX
To be clear, No More Mr Nice Guy isn't pickup material and it doesn't espous men being jerks. The book is about men recognizing they have grown up in a feminized society and learning to take responsibility for meeting their own needs.
 

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
606
Reaction score
49
Location
Miami
princess_124 said:
No, please we love nice guys! Especially guys like you... I've noticed ur the only guy who smiles here (uses smile emoticons). Please don't change
Your troll game is slipping, but you more than make up for it in the effort department
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Breaking Free Activity 7 :-

Question No1. Do you believe that people can see your human imperfections & still love you? Yes

Question No2. How would you be different if you knew the people who care about you would never leave you or stop loving you no matter what?
People change, that's the way it is. One day I decided I wanted to learn all the tools on how to seduce women & wanted to change myself into a guy who can seduce women
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
In the next Activity the author asks me to pick one of the approval seeking behaviours below that I use to seek external validation & stop doing it.

1. Having one's hair just right
2. Being Smart
3. Having a pleasant, non threatening voice
4. Appearing Unselfish
5. Staying Sober
6. Being in good shape
7. Being a great dancer
8. Being a good lover
9. Never getting angry

The list goes on....but am not going to stop doing any of these. I can appreciate what the author is trying to do, but am not just gonna start drinking again because he says so or stop being a good lover or being in good shape.
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Ok now the author has told me to choose at least one thing from the list below & do it for myself

1. Exercise, work out, go for a walk

2. Eat Healthy food

3. Get enough sleep

4. Relax, play, goof off

5. Get a massage

6. Go out with buddies

7.Buy a new pair of shoes

The list goes on, but could someone PLEASE tell me what "goof off" means!?
I've never heard it be called that before =)
 

Kres

New Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Help needed where do I start? Just realized I don't want to finish last any more. I am the same story of all the nice guys out there and just had the worst day if you know what mean. Need to know where to start
 

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
1,723
Reaction score
594
Kres said:
Help needed where do I start? Just realized I don't want to finish last any more. I am the same story of all the nice guys out there and just had the worst day if you know what mean. Need to know where to start
Start by reading the don juan bible.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top