Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No libido, always depressed and weak facial hair = Low T?

NeedToImprove

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i also signed @ the local gym in july but i dont have the mental or physical strenght to go. I have 2 women interested in me, but i dont want to know them, cuz i just want to be in my space, alone.

Im bald, im obese and i cant grow a ****ing beard. The family doctor doesnt want me to do a testosterone bloodtest, but i feel strange. Are these expensive on your own?

I've bought online Butea Superba, Boron and Creatine Supplements that are said to increase DHT and testosterone.

I need help as i'm 40 and time is running out.

I know some of you have seen my pics and know im bald and have weak facial hair, i cant even grow a decent beard to hide my lack of a jawline. Its going downhill for me. I want to change, but i dont have any family or friends for support. It sucks being me at the moment

Last edited:

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a look at ergo-log.com it has a lot of advice. Maybe buy clomid.

C00lAF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had the same problem when i was on a losing wieght diet,eat more protien preferbly eggs

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You tell the doctor you want the test.... Period. Not expensive it's just a blood test.....

If testosterone levels are normal stay away from t boosters.... Worse than a bald head is prostrate cancer/issues.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking your blood is highly advisable but dont stop at test, check total test, free test (the active part), estrogens and absolutely prolactine and cortisol.

They are all part of the system.

It can also be that you are depressed which could be possible in case of screwed up hormones, dont forget to check your thyroid too.

Now about your doctor, you dont ask his opinion about your testosterone you simply tell him that you have all the symptoms of a sick endocrine profile, he is no wizard that can tell without check it and if he refuses just change doctor.

Im honestly sick of these d1ckhead type doctors who believe manliness, libido and bodyframe are narcistic desires.

As a man you have the right to live the best life you can and fix all your health issues.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd check DHEA-S and Progesterone as well.

Estradiol is the specific estrogen you want to check as there are several forms.

If you are below 500 I'd see how much you could get it to improve with proper diet and going to gym 3-4 times a week and get it rechecked in 6 months.

This is a major life decision. Once you go on TRT it will be forever, there is no turning back. It's not something to take lightly.

I'm extremely happy with my decision to do it but it's kind of a pain in the ass getting jabbed every 5 days and having to remember it. I make sure it's in my calendar on my phone now because otherwise you can give yourself "dead d!ck" if you are late a few times in a row

NeedToImprove

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking your blood is highly advisable but dont stop at test, check total test, free test (the active part), estrogens and absolutely prolactine and cortisol.

They are all part of the system.

It can also be that you are depressed which could be possible in case of screwed up hormones, dont forget to check your thyroid too.

Now about your doctor, you dont ask his opinion about your testosterone you simply tell him that you have all the symptoms of a sick endocrine profile, he is no wizard that can tell without check it and if he refuses just change doctor.

Im honestly sick of these d1ckhead type doctors who believe manliness, libido and bodyframe are narcistic desires.

As a man you have the right to live the best life you can and fix all your health issues.
So mate i need to ask for testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and prolactine + cortisol?

If she doesnt want me to make these test i will do them myself. Hope they arent that expensive. I know what i feel, and i feel like **** these last 3 years

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So mate i need to ask for testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and prolactine + cortisol?

If she doesnt want me to make these test i will do them myself. Hope they arent that expensive. I know what i feel, and i feel like **** these last 3 years
Did I understood it correctly? your doctor is a she?

Personally I would change doctor, find a young mature guy who does sport and live a manly life, he can clearly help more than any woman.

A woman can understand manliness as much as a man can understand why women moan and giggle near babies.

Do your own research and read also marmels posts however I suggest you:

1) testosterone total and free (the free fraction is the active one)
2) estrogens
3) prolactine
4) cortisol
5) hormones connected to the thyroid.

Once you identify the ones screwed up you will know how to operate, keep in mind for example that prolactine alone is able to bash your testosterone if too high.
They are all connected to each other not stand alones.

searching solace

Don Juan
Reaction score
i also signed @ the local gym in july but i dont have the mental or physical strenght to go. I have 2 women interested in me, but i dont want to know them, cuz i just want to be in my space, alone.

Im bald, im obese and i cant grow a ****ing beard. The family doctor doesnt want me to do a testosterone bloodtest, but i feel strange. Are these expensive on your own?

I've bought online Butea Superba, Boron and Creatine Supplements that are said to increase DHT and testosterone.

I need help as i'm 40 and time is running out.

I know some of you have seen my pics and know im bald and have weak facial hair, i cant even grow a decent beard to hide my lack of a jawline. Its going downhill for me. I want to change, but i dont have any family or friends for support. It sucks being me at the moment
I'm in the UK and I got mine tested very recently after a very long bout of reactive depression that wasn't shifting and very low levels of motivation and self-loathing. I felt there might be something wrong biologically as you seem to. I also can't grow much of a beard but understand this is not just reflective of 'T' levels, there are lots of other genetic factors. I just asked my doctor (who seems to be great) - you have to be assertive with it (and maybe dramatise some of the symptoms if you have to)....

I was quite worried that the number would be low but the the Total T results came back as being on the upper side of the NHS 'normal' range (you seem to have a wider range over there in the US btw). It has made me look at everything in a different way - my diet, my outlook on life, my levels of activity etc. They didn't test for Free T, but I assume that this would be normal if your total levels are adequate..

I believe you should have around 600 ng/dl at your age. I also understand your preference to be alone, I feel the same way and I think this is more reflective of your depression and low mood. But do get them checked.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
I'd check DHEA-S and Progesterone as well.

Estradiol is the specific estrogen you want to check as there are several forms.

If you are below 500 I'd see how much you could get it to improve with proper diet and going to gym 3-4 times a week and get it rechecked in 6 months.

This is a major life decision. Once you go on TRT it will be forever, there is no turning back. It's not something to take lightly.

I'm extremely happy with my decision to do it but it's kind of a pain in the ass getting jabbed every 5 days and having to remember it. I make sure it's in my calendar on my phone now because otherwise you can give yourself "dead d!ck" if you are late a few times in a row

Also, check your diet. You are overweight, you will be more tired and lazy when you are outnof shape. Is it hormones, hard to tell without blood work. I would get blood work done but start sorting and getting to the gym now. It may not be your hormones at all.

Testosterone is at a decline at 40. TRT is for life , so it is a choice you need to make diligently.

Also, total test matters but not as much as free testoerone. Free testosterone is usable, not bound to steroid hormone binding globulin. Bound testosterone is only usable once broken from its bond to shbg, which sometimes does not occur unless it is absolutely needed. Make sure to get a woman's blood panel to check for estrogen and estradiol as well.

otc products don't really work either. Some can be natural anabolic but that does not mean anything for testosterone.

Lastly, DHT controls secondary male sex characteristics, hair, penis growth, voice depending etc. However, too much DHT ajd you will lose hair. Your baldness could he genetic anyway, so no way to pinpoint DHT as the cause.

Good luck. Hormones are tricky, mess with one and they all come tumbling. Find a good Endo if you end up on TRT.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, check your diet. You are overweight, you will be more tired and lazy when you are outnof shape. Is it hormones, hard to tell without blood work. I would get blood work done but start sorting and getting to the gym now. It may not be your hormones at all.

Testosterone is at a decline at 40. TRT is for life , so it is a choice you need to make diligently.

Also, total test matters but not as much as free testoerone. Free testosterone is usable, not bound to steroid hormone binding globulin. Bound testosterone is only usable once broken from its bond to shbg, which sometimes does not occur unless it is absolutely needed. Make sure to get a woman's blood panel to check for estrogen and estradiol as well.

otc products don't really work either. Some can be natural anabolic but that does not mean anything for testosterone.

Lastly, DHT controls secondary male sex characteristics, hair, penis growth, voice depending etc. However, too much DHT ajd you will lose hair. Your baldness could he genetic anyway, so no way to pinpoint DHT as the cause.

Good luck. Hormones are tricky, mess with one and they all come tumbling. Find a good Endo if you end up on TRT.
There is some research that shows SHBG actually acts as a shuttle to get Testosterone to the receptor site and actually HELPS rather than hurts testosterone levels...at the very least it has turned things gray now since it was long thought SHBG was the bad guy in all of this, now it appears like it might not be so and actually play a beneficial role...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to say if you are "fat" or "obese" you could have sufficient testosterone in your system, but it is being converted to estrogen by your body fat. Consider when you are fat that you are one large BOOB! It's not good man.

Reaction score
I've never been able to grow a beard, very patchy. I've done multiple steroid cycles and I never saw any change in my facial hair. Steroids can increase facial hair in women, but for men it's pretty much set in stone after 25. You get what you get. I can grow a decent mustache so I stick with that. However I think DHT can be related to male pattern baldness, but afaik it is still mostly genetic.

Testosterone boosters are a waste of money. Not saying that have zero effect, but when I do a steroid cycle there's probably 2000% more testosterone in my blood than a normal male, and a bodybuilder would consider that a mild dose. If test boosters increased your test by 10% you wouldn't know the difference. Creatine is good though. Lots of solid research behind it and a years supply is like $20 if you buy bulk.

If you really want to get a blood test, then go to privatemdlabs.com, get the hormone panel for females, and use a coupon code. It will be about $60. The tests itself are not gender specific, the fact that it is a female panel just means it is marketed to females, but when you take your printout to get your blood drawn it doesn't say female, just lists the test that will be performed. Results are also anonymous if that matters to you. They might ask you for ID when you get blood drawn but if you care you can just say no.

Also, if you do get TRT don't let them rip you off. Test E or C is ~$10-$12 gram, which at a TRT dose of 100mg/wk would be $50-$60 a year. I've heard some places can charge $300-500 dollars a month. Just beware.

NeedToImprove

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been able to grow a beard, very patchy. I've done multiple steroid cycles and I never saw any change in my facial hair. Steroids can increase facial hair in women, but for men it's pretty much set in stone after 25. You get what you get. I can grow a decent mustache so I stick with that. However I think DHT can be related to male pattern baldness, but afaik it is still mostly genetic.

Testosterone boosters are a waste of money. Not saying that have zero effect, but when I do a steroid cycle there's probably 2000% more testosterone in my blood than a normal male, and a bodybuilder would consider that a mild dose. If test boosters increased your test by 10% you wouldn't know the difference. Creatine is good though. Lots of solid research behind it and a years supply is like $20 if you buy bulk.

If you really want to get a blood test, then go to privatemdlabs.com, get the hormone panel for females, and use a coupon code. It will be about $60. The tests itself are not gender specific, the fact that it is a female panel just means it is marketed to females, but when you take your printout to get your blood drawn it doesn't say female, just lists the test that will be performed. Results are also anonymous if that matters to you. They might ask you for ID when you get blood drawn but if you care you can just say no.

Also, if you do get TRT don't let them rip you off. Test E or C is ~$10-$12 gram, which at a TRT dose of 100mg/wk would be $50-$60 a year. I've heard some places can charge $300-500 dollars a month. Just beware.
have you tried rogaine (minoxidil) in the face ?

l__i__l

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's far too easy to blame things outside of our control (i.e hormones) than the things within (i.e poor diet, lack of exercise)
I would start with dieting and exercise before conducting hormonal tests.
Your hormones can simply be imbalanced from the poor diet and lack of exercise.
Get on a steady diet with regular exercise and monitor, If things don't change then get some testing done.
Also look at investing in classes for overcoming procrastination.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some guy told me that you have to aply oil and garlic once or twice a day , leave it there for 5-10 minutes and then rinse.

Put on places where baldness is developed or to increase your facial hair.
Personally i have never tried it but he told me long time ago he started going bald but now after the therapy he applied onto himself , is better. He told me you will usually see results in a month or two.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oil and garlic? o_O

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's far too easy to blame things outside of our control (i.e hormones) than the things within (i.e poor diet, lack of exercise)
I would start with dieting and exercise before conducting hormonal tests.
Your hormones can simply be imbalanced from the poor diet and lack of exercise.
Get on a steady diet with regular exercise and monitor, If things don't change then get some testing done.
Also look at investing in classes for overcoming procrastination.
I'm on board with this. Your lack of motivation, lethargy etc are partly physical, partly physiological and partly psychological; and those factors all influence each other. A hormonal imbalance is a possibility, but unlikely.

I don't believe in dietary supplements; maybe a few vitamins and minerals now and then. Things like creatine, powdered protein etc are usually either poor quality, or rarely do much more than what a balanced diet of good quality food will.

Your hair pattern is probably not going to change at this stage with some drastic measure or other.

Your weight can. Testosterone is an anabolic hormone, so is naturally correlated to muscle mass - the more muscle, the more testosterone and vice versa. If you struggle with motivation in the gym, get a trainer. Most gyms will have fitness instructors at least who can work out a plan for you.

Give the lifestyle changes a serious go, like really seriously for 6 months at least. If nothing has changed, then think about other options. I have been gyming now for 6 solid months, among other exercise, and I honestly feel better in nearly every respect.

Sometimes you just have to make yourself do something whether you want to or not.

imported

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your problem is the obese part, also obesity can cause low-T. I bet all the other issues are linked to that. You think that you have low T, and if you do then what will you do, use it as an excuse? You can be bald with bad facial hair and it not be linked to low-T.

Go on a keto diet to slim down to low BF. Reassess after that, but most likely all your problems would be seamlessly solved after the weight loss.

Last edited: