Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone has their issues. No one is perfect. It's not about what you were supposed to be. It's not about what others want you to do. It's not about how they perceive you.

It's about what you want to be. And how you deal with the journey. There will be mountains. There will be valleys. And you must conquer them all the same.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy." - MLK Jr

How will you turn this valley into a mountain? Will you keep spectating your life or will you get out there in the second half and give it all you've got to change the score? You're well aware of your issues. You've detailed them many times in this thread. The question is not what needs to be fixed but WHEN you will fix it.

Nothing worth having is easy. And if you want to have a life you're proud of, it's time to strap up and get busy.

"You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime you better
No more games, I'm a change what you call rage
Tear this mother****in' roof off like two dogs caged
I was playin' in the beginnin', the mood all changed
I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhymin' and stepwritin' the next cipher" - Em

Lose Yourself before you lose yourself.
Thanks for the advice my friend.

I’m gonna go hard and school for the second half. I’ll forget about the way things “should have been.”

You guys really help me keep pushing.

Not only am I gonna study, but I’m gonna brush and make a move on this chick tomorrow too.

I will say one of the best things about keeping a journal this long is seeing my 10 or so same issues clearly.

I’ve gotta work on not caring what people say or think about me just like the DJ Bible says. Easier said than done though.

I’m at the point where I’d rather be rejected and humiliated and talked about than not going for what I want.

Fvck being perfect btw. Perfect is boring.

Last edited:

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can I get some comments, tough love, and/or words of encouragement?
*Strive for EXCELLENCE, not perfection.

*"You may think you are making progress simply because you are busy. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, busyness can keep you from accomplishing anything meaningful by giving you a false feeling of accomplishment while stealing your time. To reach your goals and achieve success, you must focus effort on your priorities, those things that are truly impactful and important...."

*Read the whole article and implement the suggestions---> Prioritization: Time Management Advice to Empower Your Success

*Untill you are in a place where you truly KNOW you will rock your exams, on Mon and Tue, postpone your date tomorrow. Get your work done before you go play! Let your date become a celebration of your hard work after your exams. No date is worth failing an exam or an entire class.

*Stop lowering your standards to excuse your sh!tty work ethic. Up your work ethic instead!

*Telling yourself that because you can't earn a 4.0 anymore, that it's now acceptable with yourself, to score a 40 or anything above a fail, is bvll****! Your choices are not limited to either perfect or otherwise do as little as possible and hope to simply pass. Knock that sh!t off!!!!

*How important were your waves this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important were girls this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important were your posts on SS this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important was drinking this semester, if you fail your class/es?

*Is your intention to graduate with true understanding and SKILLS or simply a piece paper diploma because you simply scraped by along the way??

Your choices right now, matter!!! Stop acting as if they don't!!! They do! They will catch up with you!!! You'll either profit highly because you invested wisely or you'll pay the price for a long time to come.

*Get your head back in the game!!!

*Follow through with ACTION, on the things that TRULY matter most, BEFORE anything else!!!

*You know what you need to do. Do it! Do it to the best of your ability!

*Remember --------> Strive for EXCELLENCE, not perfection. Always keep your priorities RIGHT!! Busyness is not the same as meaningful productivity!

Do what you need to do to walk out of your exams, on Monday and Tuesday. feeling proud of yourself!!!

*You can do it Nick! Get to it!

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Here's some very elegantly-worded tough love that I've been replaying over the past 6 years. I hope it awakens the real you as it has and is for me.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Strive for EXCELLENCE, not perfection.

*"You may think you are making progress simply because you are busy. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, busyness can keep you from accomplishing anything meaningful by giving you a false feeling of accomplishment while stealing your time. To reach your goals and achieve success, you must focus effort on your priorities, those things that are truly impactful and important...."

*Read the whole article and implement the suggestions---> Prioritization: Time Management Advice to Empower Your Success

*Untill you are in a place where you truly KNOW you will rock your exams, on Mon and Tue, postpone your date tomorrow. Get your work done before you go play! Let your date become a celebration of your hard work after your exams. No date is worth failing an exam or an entire class.

*Stop lowering your standards to excuse your sh!tty work ethic. Up your work ethic instead!

*Telling yourself that because you can't earn a 4.0 anymore, that it's now acceptable with yourself, to score a 40 or anything above a fail, is bvll****! Your choices are not limited to either perfect or otherwise do as little as possible and hope to simply pass. Knock that sh!t off!!!!

*How important were your waves this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important were girls this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important were your posts on SS this semester, if you fail your class/es?
*How important was drinking this semester, if you fail your class/es?

*Is your intention to graduate with true understanding and SKILLS or simply a piece paper diploma because you simply scraped by along the way??

Your choices right now, matter!!! Stop acting as if they don't!!! They do! They will catch up with you!!! You'll either profit highly because you invested wisely or you'll pay the price for a long time to come.

*Get your head back in the game!!!

*Follow through with ACTION, on the things that TRULY matter most, BEFORE anything else!!!

*You know what you need to do. Do it! Do it to the best of your ability!

*Remember --------> Strive for EXCELLENCE, not perfection. Always keep your priorities RIGHT!! Busyness is not the same as meaningful productivity!

Do what you need to do to walk out of your exams, on Monday and Tuesday. feeling proud of yourself!!!

*You can do it Nick! Get to it!
I appreciate it. I’ll postpone the date. Because of my procrastination I’m really gonna have to cram this material. I hope it sticks.

I’ll do my absolute best henceforth and I’ll let you know once I make those great grades.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Here's some very elegantly-worded tough love that I've been replaying over the past 6 years. I hope it awakens the real you as it has and is for me.
I’ll check this out once I get off work. Thanks dude.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Curveballs

One thing that’s also messing me up are curveballs from life.

I got messed up Tuesday and today because of them.

Tuesday:
“I can study once I get off class and finish this lab in 4 hours.”
Something came up that I couldn’t avoid. I had to turn in the lab half done.

Saturday:
“This’ll be my study day! I’ll be ready for the exam two days before just in time!”
I get called into work at the last second.

I need to START EARLY so that I can deal with curveballs like this. Be done a few days in advance.

That being said, I’ll be damned if I mess up this Databases Test. I know I can do well on it. Realistically, idk if I can do top notch since I’m studying 1-2 days before. But I’ll be damned if I get lower than a B. I’m done being the G*ddamned butt monkey of life. I’m fvcking done.

Now I’m pissed about my life and motivated. Thanks for the motivation you guys!!! I really appreciate it.

I’ll postpone the date till Wednesday. And then I’ll escalate as far as I can, like a Game connesuir should.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cope Scope

Also. Whenever I cope with video games, anime, YouTube, waves, what not. I only need to do it for 15 minutes or maybe 20.

The rest of my time needs to go to fighting against life.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last update of the night.

I do NOT wanna be at work right now

Also I’m gonna get the audiobook of Mastering Myself cause my life is garbage.
Any Self Help Books you guys recommend? Not necessarily school books. Just how to not suck at life in general

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

@GrowingPains Fvcking Great Video!!! @nicksaiz65 For the next 30 days straight, I recommend you watch that video 1x when you first wake up. Watch it again 1x when you are done with classes for the day, and at you are at choice with what you are going to do with your time, for that day.

Change your mindset.
Change your life.
It starts now!

Will the REAL @LiveYourDream please stand up! YES!!!
Will the REAL @GrowingPains please stand up?
Will the REAL @nicksaiz65 please stand up?

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@GrowingPains Fvcking Great Video!!! @nicksaiz65 For the next 30 days straight, I recommend you watch that video 1x when you first wake up and again 1x when you are done with classes for the day and at your at choice with what you do with your time. Change your mindset. Change your life. It starts now!

Reporting for duty.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@GrowingPains Fvcking Great Video!!! @nicksaiz65 For the next 30 days straight, I recommend you watch that video 1x when you first wake up and again 1x when you are done with classes for the day and at your at choice with what you do with your time. Change your mindset. Change your life. It starts now!

I’ll check this video out the second I get home. Thanks, friends. I appreciate you all looking out for me

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More from the article linked above...

"I asked students to describe their biggest challenge. Without fail, year in and year out, the answer was the same: “I don’t have enough time.” Although it is true that you do not have time to do everything, you do have time to do what is truly important to you. Think of it like this: The least effective person you know has the same amount of time as does the most effective person you know. The difference, of course, is knowing how to manage your time, avoid distractions, and put maximum effort into your priorities. Effective time management will have a huge impact on your success.
If you spend time on non-priority activities, then obviously you have less time available for your priorities. Life is a series of choices. Choose wisely. Saying “no” to some activities is as important as is saying “yes,” perhaps even more so.
A colleague of mine says, “When you say yes to something now, you are saying no to something else later.” To reiterate this point, when asked if I have had time to do something I have not done, I often reply by saying, “Yes, I had time. But I chose to spend my time on something else.” How do you know if you are not managing your time effectively? Here are a few questions to consider:
  • Do you often think you could have done better on a task or project if you would have had more time?
  • Do you consistently miss deadlines?
  • Do you consistently ask for extra time to get your work done?
  • Do you have to pull “all-nighters” or rush at the last minute to get your work done?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you likely could improve your time management skills."

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any Self Help Books you guys recommend? Not necessarily school books. Just how to not suck at life in general
Quit thinking/believing you need to make yourself into some huge self-overhaul project!!! (For you) It is a distraction!!! You are NOT Fvcking broken!!! Knock it off!!!

Do the things you ALREADY KNOW you NEED to do!!! Focus on the tasks at hand! Your growth will inherently come along with each of those!!! One step at a time! One foot in front of the other. Little success, upon little success, upon little success. You will build yourself a solid foundation that way!

Quit distracting yourself, with more, and just do what you already know you need to do!!!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More from the article linked above...

"I asked students to describe their biggest challenge. Without fail, year in and year out, the answer was the same: “I don’t have enough time.” Although it is true that you do not have time to do everything, you do have time to do what is truly important to you. Think of it like this: The least effective person you know has the same amount of time as does the most effective person you know. The difference, of course, is knowing how to manage your time, avoid distractions, and put maximum effort into your priorities. Effective time management will have a huge impact on your success.
If you spend time on non-priority activities, then obviously you have less time available for your priorities. Life is a series of choices. Choose wisely. Saying “no” to some activities is as important as is saying “yes,” perhaps even more so.
A colleague of mine says, “When you say yes to something now, you are saying no to something else later.” To reiterate this point, when asked if I have had time to do something I have not done, I often reply by saying, “Yes, I had time. But I chose to spend my time on something else.” How do you know if you are not managing your time effectively? Here are a few questions to consider:
  • Do you often think you could have done better on a task or project if you would have had more time?
  • Do you consistently miss deadlines?
  • Do you consistently ask for extra time to get your work done?
  • Do you have to pull “all-nighters” or rush at the last minute to get your work done?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you likely could improve your time management skills."
Honestly I can relate to every bullet point. I guess time management(procrastination) really is destroying my life. Pretty unbelievable that I’ve been struggling with this for all 22 years that I’ve been alive

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit thinking/believing you need to make yourself into some huge self-overhaul project!!! (For you) It is a distraction!!! You are NOT Fvcking broken!!! Knock it off!!!

Do the things you ALREADY KNOW you NEED to do!!! Focus on the tasks at hand! Your growth will inherently come along with each of those!!! One step at a time! One foot in front of the other. Little success, upon little success, upon little success. You will build yourself a solid foundation that way!

Quit distracting yourself, with more, and just do what you already know you need to do!!!
How do I break that mentality? I’m never happy where I am. I feel robbed of that perfect life I was supposed to have. Although I suppose if I do all the stuff I’ve listed in this journal my life will automatically improve.

I don’t know how to not feel like a giant self improvement project. I feel so cheated by life, and I wake up everyday mad about the state of my life and thinking about how I can prove everyone wrong. How do I break this mentality? Do I even need to?

And then there’s the fact that I feel like I’m either going through hell with life or “coping” like the Incels say, with video games anime alcohol and all that stuff. I don’t even know. What’s the point of all this life stuff if I’m just grinding and I hate it, then I’m coping whenever I can?

And then there’s the whole Seduction stuff that I’ve gotta master.

I don’t even know! Idk how I ended up so confused about these things, I feel like a physical and emotional wreck half the time.

I really don’t wanna go to therapy until I make some great grades tbh(I don’t know why I’ve made good grades a prerequisite to therapy in my head) but are these like issues I could talk about if I ever end up going to therapy at the school?

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The small victories: After Reading what you guys said, I poured out my big cup of vodka and juice. Now I’m sobered up and ready to study once I get home.

Also guys, from now on I’m gonna be totally honest with myself. In life and seduction.

I learned a lot tonight. Maybe that’s God setting things up by calling me into work at the last minute so I could have these lessons written down?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude it seems like you are taking so much on at once. Read the book the slight edge by jeff olson. Big change comes from small daily improvements. DOing too much at once will break you. Trust me. I used do the same but I promise you, all successful happy people follow the idea of small changes everyday. You can't expect to be an emotional wreck one day and be ultimately happy the next. Small steps. Small steps.
I’ll check it out and keep that in mind. Thanks!

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth of the matter is you can know you should change things all you want. People can tell you what you should change. You can read anything and everything. But awareness is nothing without action. Just like in seduction.

Having too many things to do or improve will paralyze you. Lately I've been of the mindset that I will eliminate everything that isn't priority #1 so that I can crush that one. Because that one matters. That one, for me, is school.

Just like @LiveYourDream said, was all the other stuff worth it if I fail my classes? No. Last night I was debating signing off for the next 5 weeks so that this wasn't a distraction. I might. Undecided.

Life didn't cheat you. Life isn't some predetermined video game where everything is supposed to follow the story line and you can try again if you fvck up. Life is a title boxing match. With new hooks and jabs in every round. You have to learn to adapt.

This is getting long again. It's 6:30 and I need to go crush some derivations to turn things around in this class that's been fvcking me. Nick, the choice is yours. Sure, be mad. No one can be mad about your situation for you. But DO something about it.

You're drowning, brother. Listen to the video I linked when you shower. "When you were underwater, what did you wanna do?".

No book will save you. No tips will save you. Nothing in the world can save you but you. That's all I've got for you man. Stop making excuses and start executing. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth of the matter is you can know you should change things all you want. People can tell you what you should change. You can read anything and everything. But awareness is nothing without action. Just like in seduction.

Having too many things to do or improve will paralyze you. Lately I've been of the mindset that I will eliminate everything that isn't priority #1 so that I can crush that one. Because that one matters. That one, for me, is school.

Just like @LiveYourDream said, was all the other stuff worth it if I fail my classes? No. Last night I was debating signing off for the next 5 weeks so that this wasn't a distraction. I might. Undecided.

Life didn't cheat you. Life isn't some predetermined video game where everything is supposed to follow the story line and you can try again if you fvck up. Life is a title boxing match. With new hooks and jabs in every round. You have to learn to adapt.

This is getting long again. It's 6:30 and I need to go crush some derivations to turn things around in this class that's been fvcking me. Nick, the choice is yours. Sure, be mad. No one can be mad about your situation for you. But DO something about it.

You're drowning, brother. Listen to the video I linked when you shower. "When you were underwater, what did you wanna do?".

No book will save you. No tips will save you. Nothing in the world can save you but you. That's all I've got for you man. Stop making excuses and start executing. It really is that simple.

I did check out the video. I’ve heard the speech before but it was great to hear a refresher.

Today I’m gonna grind my ass off and make sure I pass this test in Databases. I’ll let you guys know how I do.

And don’t leave bro! This site is great for improving our lives and sharing our progress. Honestly I think it’ll help you with your grades. It’s so much more than just Seduction.

Also Foster the People is a great band!

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Embracing the Paradox: Fitness Goals

You know, paradoxically, even though I’m in college, the alcohol has got to go. It messes with both my school and fitness goals severely

Status
Not open for further replies.