"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

'nice guy' versus nice guy - an observation

mk64

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I've read some of the seduction literature, including this excellently written post "Kill your desperation" http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000199.html

It seems the common view of the 'nice guy' is: desperate, non-confident, doormat and never makes the first move. There was a guy in a chatroom who was talking about this definition and a girl put it this way: "That sounds more like a confidence thing than being a nice guy" I'd have to agree with this. I myself over the years have been transitioning from 'nice guy' to nice guy. Even being good looking won't compensate for desperation.

In fact, two years ago there was one week in particular where I felt so content with my life that I felt no desperation to have complete strangers chat with me. Guess what, I started having a few ppl chat with me. Nobody would before then. If I'd kept this up long enough, I prolly woulda had women approaching me for chat too :)

On the subject of 'nice guy', if you look at the Intellectual *****s site QUIZ (are you an IW), quite frankly it should be renamed to "Are you a desperate doormat quiz"
http://www.intellectual*****s.com/ladderquiz.php
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
7
Location
Somewherez in USofA
Good points, think there really are two types of nice guys. One type is desparate and the other isn't. The desparate nice guy does all he can to get a girl by doing things that shouldn't be done until later in a relationship, in other words, gives her the impression he can't live without her right from the getgo.

The other type is nice, but doesn't rush things, likes a girl and takes his time, and doesn't barrage her with uncessary worshipping. He has the confidence to do this.

In both instances, you'll often find the nice guy is the more intelligent than average guy. It could be because nice guys think on deeper and multiple levels and therefore have likely experienced more depression in their life. People that experience depression are often very thoughtful and considerate of other people's feelings. A good example would be Abraham Lincoln.
 
Top